+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile ineligible

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
I have assessed educational credentials with wes = 21
I have continuous work experience in my primary NOC = 15
Counting work experience involves my Primary NOC.

Hope my ielts calculation is correct.
You indicated having an experience of 3 years of more which is equal to 11 points (not 15). So I am guessing, this is the breakdown for you.

20 (IELTS) + 21 (Education) + 11 (Experience) + 12 (Age) + 0 (Arranged Employment) + 0 (Canadian/Pr Sibling) = 64

Thus, not meeting the 67/100 criteria.

See - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

karthi2012

Dec 12, 2017
Actual experience is 6 and more years, only in crs tool for outside canada experience the last option is only "3 years and more" , so i had mentioned as 3 years and more. Thank you so much for the reply.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Actual experience is 6 and more years, only in crs tool for outside canada experience the last option is only "3 years and more" , so i had mentioned as 3 years and more. Thank you so much for the reply.
You are welcome. It looks like you are eligible under FSW if that is case.

ok. And I never gave any reference of wes assessment while creating profile.
I believe this is the reason for rejection. Since they do not ask for documents at this stage yet, the only way for them to check your educational qualifications is through your WES ECA Reference #.

karthi2012

Dec 12, 2017
I am able to create new EE profile in the same login, I have query regarding filling the fields

City/town of study and Name of school/institution.

I studied in AMC Engineering college, Bangalore, Karnataka, India. But degree awarded from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka India. And ECA also says awarded by Visvesvaraya Technological University. So should i write

City/town of study = Belgaum
Name of school/institution = Visvesvaraya Technological University

or

city/town of study = Bangalore
Name of school/institution = Visvesvaraya Technological University

karthi2012

Dec 12, 2017
You indicated having an experience of 3 years of more which is equal to 11 points (not 15). So I am guessing, this is the breakdown for you.

20 (IELTS) + 21 (Education) + 11 (Experience) + 12 (Age) + 0 (Arranged Employment) + 0 (Canadian/Pr Sibling) = 64

Thus, not meeting the 67/100 criteria.

See - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
If my total ielts score is 6.5 ( 20 points ) what is over all CLB level? I understand there is CLB level for different section of reading, writing listening, speaking, but i do not know how to calculate overall CLB level.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
If my total ielts score is 6.5 ( 20 points ) what is over all CLB level? I understand there is CLB level for different section of reading, writing listening, speaking, but i do not know how to calculate overall CLB level.
I don't think there is anything called overall CLB level.

karthi2012

Dec 12, 2017
I don't think there is anything called overall CLB level.
I am trying to create pnp profile where it asked for CLB, the drop down menu had CLB 7, CLB 8 , CLB 9 it did not differentiate between reading, writing, listening, speaking section.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
I am trying to create pnp profile where it asked for CLB, the drop down menu had CLB 7, CLB 8 , CLB 9 it did not differentiate between reading, writing, listening, speaking section.
Okay I see now, this is something new for me as I am not going through PNP. I found a BC PNP EE Program Guide pdf - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14a55c84-1301-4959-8a5d-888785a2ac2a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.aspx.

Check page 69 which says "Points are awarded according to the lowest Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score obtained in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing". In that case, you will have CLB 7. If you are applying through a different province, I think they will have their own program guide and you should check accordingly.

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Has xxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?.

I have selected as No I am not sure if it is correct.
this is the question where you should have answered "yes", as they would ask you about your ECA (assessed by Wes in your case) afterwards. your mistake probably lies here.

Reactions: best500

karthi2012

Dec 12, 2017
Okay I see now, this is something new for me as I am not going through PNP. I found a BC PNP EE Program Guide pdf - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14a55c84-1301-4959-8a5d-888785a2ac2a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.aspx.

Check page 69 which says "Points are awarded according to the lowest Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score obtained in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing". In that case, you will have CLB 7. If you are applying through a different province, I think they will have their own program guide and you should check accordingly.
Thanks for your reply.

I think this is the points offered by BC with respect to different CLB bands. But how do i arrive at the CLB band?