+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Ineligible

Nov 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

I know this case has been discussed a lot, but would really want your help to my specific case.

I did my bachelors degree from University of Waterloo in Ontario and I am originally from India. I graduated with a diploma. After completing my bachelors, I moved to India for a year and half. I worked as a hotel manager for a year in India - NOC 0632.

Then I got a job in Montreal and moved to work there since I have a post graduate work permit. I have been working in Montreal for 6 months now as a programmer - NOC 2174.

My IELTS score is 9 in speaking and 8.5 in all the rest.

I am 25 years old. I am single and have no relatives/family in Canada.

Based on all this information my CRS score is 446. My job offer in Montreal does not have LMIA.

I plan to relocate to Ontario soon.

I just created an express entry profile online but it got rejected immediately stating Profile Ineligible. The reasons provided are very generic like "Not sufficient IELTS score", etc. I tried creating it 2 more times and it got rejected again.

Any advice on how to fix this issue ? Kindly advice. I can provide more info if necessary.

Thanks a lot folks :)

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Hello everyone,

I know this case has been discussed a lot, but would really want your help to my specific case.

I did my bachelors degree from University of Waterloo in Ontario and I am originally from India. I graduated with a diploma. After completing my bachelors, I moved to India for a year and half. I worked as a hotel manager for a year in India - NOC 0632.

Then I got a job in Montreal and moved to work there since I have a post graduate work permit. I have been working in Montreal for 6 months now as a programmer - NOC 2174.

My IELTS score is 9 in speaking and 8.5 in all the rest.

I am 25 years old. I am single and have no relatives/family in Canada.

Based on all this information my CRS score is 446. My job offer in Montreal does not have LMIA.

I plan to relocate to Ontario soon.

I just created an express entry profile online but it got rejected immediately stating Profile Ineligible. The reasons provided are very generic like "Not sufficient IELTS score", etc. I tried creating it 2 more times and it got rejected again.

Any advice on how to fix this issue ? Kindly advice. I can provide more info if necessary.

Thanks a lot folks :)
From what I have counted you have only 66 points in Six Selection Factors and you need at least 67 out of 100.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Check it for yourself and correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 4, 2017
Hey ! Thanks for helping :)

I actually get 71 points. Here is how:

Language skills: 24 points since I got 9 in speaking and 8.5 in reading/listening/writing in IELTS.

Education: 21 points for Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal. I did my bachelors degree from Univ of Waterloo

Experience: 9 points. I worked as a hotel manager in India for 1 year and a few months.

Arranged Employment: 0

Adaptability: 5 points for Your past study in Canada

Total: 71

Please advise, thanks :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Other reasons:

1 - Not sufficient funds.
2 - Not having a year of continuous work experience in your Primary NOC.
3 - Not answering correctly the questions regarding your Canadian education and thus falling below the required 67 points under the six selection factors.

Reactions: shaizeik
Nov 4, 2017
Hmm,

1. So I put 25,000 CAD as the amount of funds
2. But, I put NOC 2174 (computer programmer) as the primary occupation code. I have 7 months of experience in this (it is my current job in canada) and it ties in with my university degree. However, I worked in India as a hotel manager for 1 year and 3 months (NOC 0632). I put this as the second work experience job. I did do technical work over there as well.

What should I do ? Can I put the hotel manager job under NOC 2174 since I did do some programming related work for it also - and resubmit the profile ?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you do not meet the requirement for your Primary NOC that is why your profile is ineligible, if you want to choose 2174 then wait until you complete a year of work experience. Otherwise, choose the other NOC.

Nov 4, 2017
Can I put the `front desk hotel manager` job as it is under NOC 2174 ?

OR

Change the job title to `front desk manager and tools developer` and then put the job under NOC 2174 ?

Can this be considered as misrepresentation ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I truly don't know how a front desk hotel job can match to the 2174 NOC but it's your application so whatever you think it's best.

Nov 4, 2017
I was helping maintain the hotel website, developing some automation tools and doing analysis on the data we were collecting as well.
So that's why I was thinking maybe change the title to Front Desk Hotel Manager and (Tools) Developer ?