+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile Help

2015intkae conestoga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hi All,

I am trying to make my express entry profile on cic website , below is my background info

Living in canada from 3 years
Studied in Canada, working full time from 1 year
From India - 3 year diploma in Electronics and communication engineering , 3 year BTECH in Electronics and communication engineering

I have reviewed my diploma and bachelor from WES , according to their report diploma is equivalent to 2 year secondary Canadian education and Bachelor is equal to 4 year Canadian bachelor

Now finally my question

- When I am creating a express entry profile , one of the forms is "study and languages" , here I have to enter START DATE, END DATE and DURATION of diploma and btech

?? Which DURATION should I enter here ?? the one accessed by WES is 2 and 4 years but I did 3 and 3 years

This is bit confusing and there are no clear instructions , please help

Thank you in advance

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,

I am trying to make my express entry profile on cic website , below is my background info

From India - 3 year diploma in Electronics and communication engineering , 3 year BTECH in Electronics and communication engineering

I have reviewed my diploma and bachelor from WES , according to their report diploma is equivalent to 2 year secondary Canadian education and Bachelor is equal to 4 year Canadian bachelor

Now finally my question

- When I am creating a express entry profile , one of the forms is "study and languages" , here I have to enter START DATE, END DATE and DURATION of diploma and btech

?? Which DURATION should I enter here ?? the one accessed by WES is 2 and 4 years but I did 3 and 3 years

Thank you in advance
Your B.Tech Duration. Not the WES.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your Btech duration of 3 years...but do explain it in the explaination that you were admitted to 2nd year of Btech as you had completed your diploma...

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but
Where to explain, there is no column for comments ??
Thats later when you receive your ITA....there is a section to upload an explaination letter...you can explain it there...

At this moment, create the profile...I am expecting that the system would grant you the points based on the education mentioned and not the number of years....

2015intkae conestoga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Thats later when you receive your ITA....there is a section to upload an explaination letter...you can explain it there...

At this moment, create the profile...I am expecting that the system would grant you the points based on the education mentioned and not the number of years....
Great, thank you again

2015intkae conestoga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014

Sorry I have one more question , there is another form in there for funds
I am working full and cic states if working full time no funds needed
so do I enter "zero" in the column which says " how much money in CAD will I bring to canada" ?

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I have one more question , there is another form in there for funds
I am working full and cic states if working full time no funds needed
so do I enter "zero" in the column which says " how much money in CAD will I bring to canada" ?
For CEC candidates there no minimum funds requirement...so you may put 0...There used to be a glitch in express enty system that if you put funds and if you are eligible for both FSW and CEC, the system would consider you for FSW....but I think this was fixed by CIC long back....I may be outdated with this information so its better to post this query in some other thread to get a better answer...

2015intkae conestoga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
For CEC candidates there no minimum funds requirement...so you may put 0...There used to be a glitch in express enty system that if you put funds and if you are eligible for both FSW and CEC, the system would consider you for FSW....but I think this was fixed by CIC long back....I may be outdated with this information so its better to post this query in some other thread to get a better answer...
Thanks , I submitted my profile and you are correct

CIC considers me eligible for both FSW and CEC - Is this a problem now ?

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
I have exact same question, what did you ended up doing?

Did you put 3yrs for diploma and 3yrs for engineering? or WES report's 4yrs engg and 2yrs diploma?

Please reply ASAP as i need to submit my profile.

Hi All,

Now finally my question

Thank you in advance