+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR Application Refused After IP2: Next Steps

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi,

I have already raised case query via web form however, officer was not satisfied with my reasons hence he suggested to submit new application. When i trying to create a new profile every time its displaying profile in eligible after submission. Do you have any suggestions on how to create a new profile after refusal ??
hi there. i did same thing too. but i was wondering what did you submit on WEB FORM. did you attach new job offer ?

Rajk1991

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello everyone

My Questions regarding my wife’s experience. She has a 2 years experience from 2014 to 2016 as a staff nurse(noc A)in India hospital.Hospital gave her case money and they also mentioned in experience letter they gave salary by case. She hasn’t pay stub from hospital and not any bank statement. She has a only joining letter, Reference letter and relieving later. Is pay stub and bank statement compulsory for PR application?

Thank you in advance

abhishek555

Jun 1, 2020
Hi every one.
I am grateful to this forum which enables us to support each other for many questions.
I have joined express entry in 2019 may and received ITA followed by submission of documents. On March 11th 2020, I received Canada PR refusal letter and the letter stated as follows:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated:
 2015-09 to 2017-09 - EDI Programmer Analyst (NOC: 2174) - at XXXXX Software Services Inc
The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties set out in the occupational description of NOC 2174. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2174, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

One of my employer have not mentioned the start date in the letter , hence letter could not demonstrate definite work time period. I tried contacting IRCC through web request form to request an opportunity ti submit corrected letter. But, after couple of attempts I got a reply stating I need to re enter express entry.

At this point, before creating my new express entry profile, I would like to make sure if I am understanding the refusal reason correctly to not repeat the mistake.
Does the refusal reason stated above indicates the issue with employment time period or with NOIC code? I mean was the refusal pointed to just work experience time period or job title and duties mismatch with NOIC?
It would be great if you could provide your insight on the refusal reason.
Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Hi every one.
I am grateful to this forum which enables us to support each other for many questions.
I have joined express entry in 2019 may and received ITA followed by submission of documents. On March 11th 2020, I received Canada PR refusal letter and the letter stated as follows:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated:
 2015-09 to 2017-09 - EDI Programmer Analyst (NOC: 2174) - at XXXXX Software Services Inc
The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties set out in the occupational description of NOC 2174. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2174, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

One of my employer have not mentioned the start date in the letter , hence letter could not demonstrate definite work time period. I tried contacting IRCC through web request form to request an opportunity ti submit corrected letter. But, after couple of attempts I got a reply stating I need to re enter express entry.

At this point, before creating my new express entry profile, I would like to make sure if I am understanding the refusal reason correctly to not repeat the mistake.
Does the refusal reason stated above indicates the issue with employment time period or with NOIC code? I mean was the refusal pointed to just work experience time period or job title and duties mismatch with NOIC?
It would be great if you could provide your insight on the refusal reason.
Thank you for your time and effort in advance.
from refusal letter, it looks that something went wrong with your job duties but not with dates. it says you have not performed the duties in two years with your noc 2174. please read this line again " you did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties set out in the occupational description of NOC 2174. you have to work on your job duties while making an experience letter for two years.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
This is making me nervous. In my EE profile I mentioned I have a job offer. I am not claiming any points for that as I have more than one year experience with same employer in canada and my job is continued. But the offer letter that I have from last year doesn’t say anywhere it’s for one year after PR. I think I should remove that I have a job offer.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
This is making me nervous. In my EE profile I mentioned I have a job offer. I am not claiming any points for that as I have more than one year experience with same employer in canada and my job is continued. But the offer letter that I have from last year doesn’t say anywhere it’s for one year after PR. I think I should remove that I have a job offer.
Unless untill you haven’t claimed the point for EE will not affect your application. But if you want to be on safer side just raise CSE to make change.

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Unless untill you haven’t claimed the point for EE will not affect your application. But if you want to be on safer side just raise CSE to make change.
I just changed it to no as I haven’t received ITA yet and can do changes. It was my mistake that I didn’t read it properly, job offer means the one with one year assurance and I neither need it nor have it. This EE is a crazy thing. My previous application got rejected just for the reason that my ECA was not for immigration purposes. Now I am waiting for PNP extension as EE profile is cancelled and PNP needs to be linked ITB new profile.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
I just changed it to no as I haven’t received ITA yet and can do changes. It was my mistake that I didn’t read it properly, job offer means the one with one year assurance and I neither need it nor have it. This EE is a crazy thing. My previous application got rejected just for the reason that my ECA was not for immigration purposes. Now I am waiting for PNP extension as EE profile is cancelled and PNP needs to be linked ITB new profile.
I also got stuck with ECA when i did wrong evaluation. IRCC gave ne 2 month time to provide the evaluation report but at that time they were taking 5 months to provide the reports. Then i requested them and paid extra fee to the organisation to speed up the process. By luck they did within 2 months but at the end my file was rejected due to not providing job duties on company letter head.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Well, in my case the evaluation was correct but I didn’t mention at the time I ordered it that it was for Immgration purposes. After rejection I logged into my account and just ordered a duplicate copy for Immgration dept and it took 5 minutes and cost me $30. The same ECA issued again with “immigration and Refugee Department Canada” written at top. I hope I didn’t make a mistake

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I also got stuck with ECA when i did wrong evaluation. IRCC gave ne 2 month time to provide the evaluation report but at that time they were taking 5 months to provide the reports. Then i requested them and paid extra fee to the organisation to speed up the process. By luck they did within 2 months but at the end my file was rejected due to not providing job duties on company letter head.
How did you pay extra fees? Which organisation please. I need to speed up my own.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Dear Experts

I am very upset as today my express entry PR application has been refused with following reason. I am posting it here as it might help someone and also someone might help me to advise some next steps.

Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied that you possess arranged employment with <employer name>. Letter of Employment that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html

My whole application got refused because in the employment letter my employer did not mention that he will employ me at least for one year after my PR. The officer could have requested the updated employment letter as my employer is willing to provide any such info that is required.

I am very disappointed and not sure what to do now. Please advise what options do I have now; for example

• Sending the updated employment letter by some means
  • Going to court
  • Reapplying -- will it take same 6 months for new application again?
I got this refusal letter exactly after 3 months of application submission.

I would appreciate any advise here please.

Thanks

Complete refusal letter:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. I am not satisfied that you meet
the requirement of A11.2 because in your Express Entry profile you indicated that you possess arranged
employment with:
<Job Title: Employer Name>
Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied
that you possess arranged employment with Speridian Technologies Canada Inc. Letter of Employment
that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year
after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html
To confirm an applicant’s qualifying offer of arranged employment, to validate that the applicant meets
program requirements and to screen for concerns of fraud
Document requirements
•This document is required only if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged
employment.
•A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must ◦be printed on company
letterhead and include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone
number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate
supervisor or personnel officer; and
◦include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a
continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent
resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours
per week and annual salary plus benefits.
•If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the
LMIA number is requested as part of the application. ◦A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when
submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of 50 points that brought your rank from 497 to 447
below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in the your draw, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System. The lowest point score in the round of invitation that the PA was invited
in was: 465
As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to
apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Yours sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Case Specific Enquiries | Demande de renseignements propre à un cas
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Oh my God,
Sorry to hear that. seems i will have the same issues. July 2020 i got my work permit extended for one more year ( based on the job offer from my employer that ends July 2021) my job offer did not mention anything post PR approval period. I have submitted my ITA 3 months ago. I really do not now what to do ?? should i ask my employer new job offer stating hiring me post PR period and just send it now to them ? pls advice !!

saamitsharma1

Jun 27, 2021
My PR application rejected due to non availability of marriage certificate. I submitted notarized affidavit but they didn't consider it. Now I am planning to file reconsideration application and creating new file aswell some people advise me that If I submitted the affidavit attest from consulate of India in absence of marriage certificate then it should be sufficient.

Please advise me is it sufficient document or marriage certificate is mandatory, so I can plan to visit India for the preparation of marriage certificate.

What are the chances of reconsideration??

Please help me in this situation

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
My PR application rejected due to non availability of marriage certificate. I submitted notarized affidavit but they didn't consider it. Now I am planning to file reconsideration application and creating new file aswell some people advise me that If I submitted the affidavit attest from consulate of India in absence of marriage certificate then it should be sufficient.

Please advise me is it sufficient document or marriage certificate is mandatory, so I can plan to visit India for the preparation of marriage certificate.

What are the chances of reconsideration??

Please help me in this situation
A registered marriage certificate is mandatory to show the proof of marriage. No notarized affidavits can be used as proof in this regard.

Reactions: saamitsharma1