+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR Application Refused After IP2: Next Steps

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Dear Experts

I am very upset as today my express entry PR application has been refused with following reason. I am posting it here as it might help someone and also someone might help me to advise some next steps.

Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied that you possess arranged employment with <employer name>. Letter of Employment that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html

My whole application got refused because in the employment letter my employer did not mention that he will employ me at least for one year after my PR. The officer could have requested the updated employment letter as my employer is willing to provide any such info that is required.

I am very disappointed and not sure what to do now. Please advise what options do I have now; for example

• Sending the updated employment letter by some means
  • Going to court
  • Reapplying -- will it take same 6 months for new application again?
I got this refusal letter exactly after 3 months of application submission.

I would appreciate any advise here please.

Thanks

Complete refusal letter:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. I am not satisfied that you meet
the requirement of A11.2 because in your Express Entry profile you indicated that you possess arranged
employment with:
<Job Title: Employer Name>
Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied
that you possess arranged employment with Speridian Technologies Canada Inc. Letter of Employment
that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year
after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html
To confirm an applicant’s qualifying offer of arranged employment, to validate that the applicant meets
program requirements and to screen for concerns of fraud
Document requirements
•This document is required only if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged
employment.
•A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must ◦be printed on company
letterhead and include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone
number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate
supervisor or personnel officer; and
◦include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a
continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent
resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours
per week and annual salary plus benefits.
•If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the
LMIA number is requested as part of the application. ◦A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when
submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of 50 points that brought your rank from 497 to 447
below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in the your draw, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System. The lowest point score in the round of invitation that the PA was invited
in was: 465
As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to
apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Yours sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Case Specific Enquiries | Demande de renseignements propre à un cas
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Experts

I am very upset as today my express entry PR application has been refused with following reason. I am posting it here as it might help someone and also someone might help me to advise some next steps.

Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied that you possess arranged employment with <employer name>. Letter of Employment that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html

My whole application got refused because in the employment letter my employer did not mention that he will employ me at least for one year after my PR. The officer could have requested the updated employment letter as my employer is willing to provide any such info that is required.

I am very disappointed and not sure what to do now. Please advise what options do I have now; for example

• Sending the updated employment letter by some means
  • Going to court
  • Reapplying -- will it take same 6 months for new application again?
I got this refusal letter exactly after 3 months of application submission.

I would appreciate any advise here please.

Thanks
The right employment letter needs to be provided as part of the original application.

If you can obtain the right employment letter from your employer, you can try submitting this letter and requesting reconsideration. Hard to say if IRCC will consider your request or not. But you can certainly try.

Going to court / appealing is pointless and will be very expensive. You were correctly refused since your employment letter did not meet the job offer requirements.

If IRCC will not reconsider your application, then you will need to reapply from scratch (i.e. re-enter the express entry pool again and wait for ITA) - this time making sure you have the right employment letter.

Reactions: Humaira umer

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Thanks Scylla.

Please can you share a sample employment letter which has everything to be mentioned? I will ask my employer to give me same.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla.

Please can you share a sample employment letter which has everything to be mentioned? I will ask my employer to give me same.
I don't have one unfortunately. However if you search the forum, you may find one.

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
The right employment letter needs to be provided as part of the original application.

If you can obtain the right employment letter from your employer, you can try submitting this letter and requesting reconsideration. Hard to say if IRCC will consider your request or not. But you can certainly try.

Going to court / appealing is pointless and will be very expensive. You were correctly refused since your employment letter did not meet the job offer requirements.

If IRCC will not reconsider your application, then you will need to reapply from scratch (i.e. re-enter the express entry pool again and wait for ITA) - this time making sure you have the right employment letter.
You mentioned to resubmit the updated letter. Please can I know how to resubmit?

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
In my letter it is mentioned that Employment Letter is missing this statement but the requirement of the employment

Requirement of the employment letter:
An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

It may also include:

• details such as your tenure with the company
  • your title, position and duties
  • approved vacation periods (if travelling to Canada for holidays), or information about whether the company will cover all your travel expenses (if travelling on business for this company), etc
Is officer did a mistake here?

vam0307

Dec 5, 2019
My application also got refused with the same rejection reason almost after a little more than 4 months after applying..

ARGCANPR

Apr 12, 2019
Hi.

Did you check with a Lawyer if it is ok to fix and add the missing statement in the Letter of employment?

Basically add that the company will employ you for at least 1 year after the PR is given.

I am in the same situation and I think that is ok. There is nothing wrong with that if you missed something in the letter.

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Hi.

Did you check with a Lawyer if it is ok to fix and add the missing statement in the Letter of employment?

Basically add that the company will employ you for at least 1 year after the PR is given.

I am in the same situation and I think that is ok. There is nothing wrong with that if you missed something in the letter.
I reapplied and now back in the queue.

ankith720

Jan 11, 2020
I reapplied and now back in the queue.
Hi Umer,

Even i am in same situation as you, My application has also been refused with same reason regarding Job offer. I have also received same letter which you have got. I have also raised a case specific query however, officer suggested me if there is any additional information to be included he asked me to submit with a new application . However when i am trying to create a new profile every time it says Profile Ineligible We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool . The difference between my old profile and new profile is, in my new application i have removed job offer option. I need your help\suggestions in creating a new profile.

I am trying to create a new application using all my existing language scores, experience in Canada which I used in my initial refusal application . Did you also used same old score cards or have you taken another ielts exam to improve your score?

Could you please let me know steps you followed to create a new profile.

vam0307

Dec 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for reconsideration on the same day of refusal and got approved in exactly a month.. I did not send any additional documents, just kept some hope and it worked out!
So, I recommend if you feel your documentation is genuine and can be reconsidered, please do it via web form within a week. All the very best!

Thanks!

Reactions: Jarell

ankith720

Jan 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for reconsideration on the same day of refusal and got approved in exactly a month.. I did not send any additional documents, just kept some hope and it worked out!
So, I recommend if you feel your documentation is genuine and can be reconsidered, please do it via web form within a week. All the very best!

Thanks!
Hi,

I have already raised case query via web form however, officer was not satisfied with my reasons hence he suggested to submit new application. When i trying to create a new profile every time its displaying profile in eligible after submission. Do you have any suggestions on how to create a new profile after refusal ??

Reactions: Jraci