+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR Application Refused After IP2: Next Steps

Jaresh

Jan 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for reconsideration on the same day of refusal and got approved in exactly a month.. I did not send any additional documents, just kept some hope and it worked out!
So, I recommend if you feel your documentation is genuine and can be reconsidered, please do it via web form within a week. All the very best!

Thanks!
How to apply for reconsideration ? is it on the website I don't see the option. Can you please guide ?

Thanks...

Akki_akash

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
I got the refusal with the same message and I have checked my offer of employment and its clearly mentioned that "Your employment will commence on June 12, 2017 and will continue until either you resign or if xxx terminates your employment."

I have raised the web form and mention this hope my request will be reconsi
Hello everyone,

I have applied for reconsideration on the same day of refusal and got approved in exactly a month.. I did not send any additional documents, just kept some hope and it worked out!
So, I recommend if you feel your documentation is genuine and can be reconsidered, please do it via web form within a week. All the very best!

Thanks!

@vam0307 could you please share your mistake in the application

Last edited:

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
Hi Umer,

Even i am in same situation as you, My application has also been refused with same reason regarding Job offer. I have also received same letter which you have got. I have also raised a case specific query however, officer suggested me if there is any additional information to be included he asked me to submit with a new application . However when i am trying to create a new profile every time it says Profile Ineligible We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool . The difference between my old profile and new profile is, in my new application i have removed job offer option. I need your help\suggestions in creating a new profile.

I am trying to create a new application using all my existing language scores, experience in Canada which I used in my initial refusal application . Did you also used same old score cards or have you taken another ielts exam to improve your score?

Could you please let me know steps you followed to create a new profile.
First check if you meet the cut-off of 67 out of 100. The job offer removal might have dropped your points here. Most people ignore this and just check their CRS points. I already received an ITA before I even knew the 67point cut-off had an importance.
so I advise you check first, it might be why you are now ineligible.

Below is an excerpt from IRCC website and a link to guide you in the check

We use selection factor points to help assess your eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

We’ll assess your selection factors and assign an overall score out of 100.

If you score 67 points or higher, you may qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

If you meet the other requirements too, you can submit a profile to the Express Entry pool. Once you’re in the Express Entry pool, we use a different system to rank your profile.

If you score lower than 67 points, you won’t qualify for the program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

LordStanley

Jan 21, 2020
Category........
CEC
I have a job offer for 18 months after a specific start date, without expressing that I'll be working for my company for 1 year after the issuance of my permanent resident visa. The HR is pretty adamant about not doing any changes to this offer (they don't want to leave it open like that). Should I keep insisting with them to make the necessary changes or does anyone think that this 18-month offer would be accepted as a valid job offer?

Mar 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
hi

I am in same boat. I saw one lawyer he asked for $12000. I know my documents are genuine. I worked more than 1 year and still continuing.Could you please advise how do I resubmit.

thank you so much
Nav

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Hi there, I am in the same situation. Please advise me how to proceed.
My offer of employment letter did not state that he will be employed for 1 year after pr is issued. Other that that all the document is absolutely fine

Aliahmad123

Jan 30, 2020
Its been 3 years i have applied for FSTW my status is on background check plz tell me what to do its been long time that my status is on background check

how much maximum time
It will take to finalise the application

KK R

Apr 19, 2018
I had the same case and my consultant didnt do anything.. can we do it now with resumbit through web form or what is the process.. i got refusal in August 2019 , since i had assignment letter for 18 months and working last 2 years with the same employer.
What should i do , can you please suggest?

my new profile is been createdin September 2019 and no ITA i got since then.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Dear Experts

I am very upset as today my express entry PR application has been refused with following reason. I am posting it here as it might help someone and also someone might help me to advise some next steps.

Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied that you possess arranged employment with <employer name>. Letter of Employment that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html

My whole application got refused because in the employment letter my employer did not mention that he will employ me at least for one year after my PR. The officer could have requested the updated employment letter as my employer is willing to provide any such info that is required.

I am very disappointed and not sure what to do now. Please advise what options do I have now; for example

• Sending the updated employment letter by some means
  • Going to court
  • Reapplying -- will it take same 6 months for new application again?
I got this refusal letter exactly after 3 months of application submission.

I would appreciate any advise here please.

Thanks

Complete refusal letter:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. I am not satisfied that you meet
the requirement of A11.2 because in your Express Entry profile you indicated that you possess arranged
employment with:
<Job Title: Employer Name>
Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied
that you possess arranged employment with Speridian Technologies Canada Inc. Letter of Employment
that you submitted did not state that you have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year
after we issue your permanent resident visa. Refer to:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/offer-employment.html
To confirm an applicant’s qualifying offer of arranged employment, to validate that the applicant meets
program requirements and to screen for concerns of fraud
Document requirements
•This document is required only if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged
employment.
•A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must ◦be printed on company
letterhead and include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone
number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate
supervisor or personnel officer; and
◦include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a
continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent
resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours
per week and annual salary plus benefits.
•If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the
LMIA number is requested as part of the application. ◦A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when
submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of 50 points that brought your rank from 497 to 447
below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in the your draw, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System. The lowest point score in the round of invitation that the PA was invited
in was: 465
As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to
apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Yours sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Case Specific Enquiries | Demande de renseignements propre à un cas
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Did you got PR ?

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Yes. We have given the necessary documents. We got our decision yesterday.
Same happened with me. I got refusal in jan 2020. My company refuse to give experience letter with duties but they provide me relieving letter which doesn’t work for me.