+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry PR Application Refused After IP2: Next Steps

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
No I would like to know from experts here this the best way to handle this. In our offer letter it says we have project for 24 months, i.e, 2 years from the commencement of the project and after a year of the project we applied stating that we still have one more year of project work but we have been refused on the grounds that we our documents do not explain that we have project for another year.

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have applied for reconsideration on the same day of refusal and got approved in exactly a month.. I did not send any additional documents, just kept some hope and it worked out!
So, I recommend if you feel your documentation is genuine and can be reconsidered, please do it via web form within a week. All the very best!

Thanks!
Hello Vam0307,
Can you please explain whether there was a change(reopen/update) in the status of your application after you reapplied through the web form? How did you decide to wait? We have received a refusal too. We have also raised a request viz the web form. We arent sure whether we have to wait for them to respond to the request or open a new application.

Kindly explain.

Thanks!

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
I got the refusal with the same message and I have checked my offer of employment and its clearly mentioned that "Your employment will commence on June 12, 2017 and will continue until either you resign or if xxx terminates your employment."

I have raised the web form and mention this hope my request will be reconsi

@vam0307 could you please share your mistake in the application
Hello Akki_Akash,

Can you please let me know what happened when you reapplied using the webform? Did you get your PR approved? Was there any response from the concerned people about your application once you raised the form?

Thanks!

Akki_akash

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hello Akki_Akash,

Can you please let me know what happened when you reapplied using the webform? Did you get your PR approved? Was there any response from the concerned people about your application once you raised the form?

Thanks!
I did receive the response; however, they haven't changed the decision so I have created a new profile, and its currently in Progress.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
I did receive the response; however, they haven't changed the decision so I have created a new profile, and its currently in Progress.
Same like me. They asked me to reapply for new application with new feel. Its very rare that they will recomsider your file again for investigation. This can happen only if it was their fault. Now a days immigration is quite busy so forgot about reopening your refused file.

Reactions: Banabas

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Reply i got from immigration to reopen my file..
This letter is in response to the receipt of additional submissions dated May 13, 2020, pertaining to your application for permanent residence that was received on September 26, 2019.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated January 22, 2020, thereby fully concluding your application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your application remains unchanged.
Should you have different or additional information, it must be submitted with a new application and applicable fees.
NOTE: Passports must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports.
When should I contact CIC?
You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce. Please indicate in your written statement whether your new spouse or child is in Canada, his/her status in Canada, and whether or not he/she is to be added to your application. If your spouse or child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide a copy of their document which details their status in Canada;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.
Changes to your address should be made through our online service at

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sorry to hear that guys, usually they will not re-open files if your application is incomplete.

Stick with it and reapply as soon as you can.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
My application was refusal after paying rprf(Right of Permanent Residence Fee) which is very very rare. I haven’t heard people got refusal after paying rprf.

Florlowen

May 21, 2020
Hi ,
Can someone give me some advice.
My PR got rejected yesterday because I did not provide any evidence of valid LMIA .
What does it mean ? I have been working for the same employer for more than an year with always an open work permit .

any advice ?

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Hi ,
Can someone give me some advice.
My PR got rejected yesterday because I did not provide any evidence of valid LMIA .
What does it mean ? I have been working for the same employer for more than an year with always an open work permit .

any advice ?
Raise CSE and add your proof of LMIA with request to reopen your refused application.

msh6870

May 20, 2020
@Humaira umer do you have an open or closed work permit. If you have closed one and employer name is mentioned there then it should be fine else I will be on the same boat.

I have closed and have one year left in it, hope that would be fine