+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry points increased before 2 years - got ITA

riasatahmed

Nov 4, 2014
Hi there,

I would be very happy if someone can help me with some clarification here

I got my ITA on October 02, 2015. But this was because I got awarded more points because of hitting the 2 year experience mark.
I had gone through some posts on this forum (which I cannot find anymore) but someone had mentioned that I was still okay to apply as long as I waited till my actual 2 years were over (November 13, 2015)

I am sending in my application soon..can someone please verify if I am okay to apply? the ITA only mentioned that I should still be eligible under the CEC (which I was) and at my time of application I can justify the extra points I received for 2 years experience.

Any information is highly appreciated.
Thanks

Riasat

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
You got an ITA in Oct when you didn't have 2 years of work experience. Is that what you are saying? If that is the case, are you clearing the cutoff for Oct 2 draw with less than 2 yrs of experience? If not, CIC might have a problem.

riasatahmed said:
I am sending in my application soon..can someone please verify if I am okay to apply? the ITA only mentioned that I should still be eligible under the CEC (which I was) and at my time of application I can justify the extra points I received for 2 years experience.
How will you be able to justify the extra points you had at the time of the ITA then?

riasatahmed

Nov 4, 2014
The express entry profile only asks for the month when you started working - which was November 2014 for me.

My points increased on October 1, 2015 - and I got an invitation based on that. It is not that my information was incorrect but just how they calculate the points..

I can justify my points as now it has been exactly 2 calendar years of my work experience.

Reactions: dimidaza

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, first of all congratulations on getting an ITA. I have a similar situation (albeit I have not received an ITA yet), where I get credit for 1 yr of experience because of the work experience time calculated on a months basis even though I have worked for only '353 days'. To me as long as you can justify your >2 yrs you should be fine.

I am keeping a 'Work Days' calendar for my jobs and clearly identifying 'days worked' and employer.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riasatahmed said:
Hi there,

I would be very happy if someone can help me with some clarification here

I got my ITA on October 02, 2015. But this was because I got awarded more points because of hitting the 2 year experience mark.
I had gone through some posts on this forum (which I cannot find anymore) but someone had mentioned that I was still okay to apply as long as I waited till my actual 2 years were over (November 13, 2015)

Any information is highly appreciated.
Thanks

Riasat
This happened to me. I had an earlier post on this asking whether or not I should apply. There were conflicting opinions between respected members of this forum, some say I should decline the ITA, others said I could apply. I even consulted an immigration lawyer (for other reasons but I also asked this question). The lawyer response is that as long the information I have provided is correct (in this case the month/year of my work anniversary) and I have documents proving it (proof of employment) I am ok to apply. She (lawyer) said I didn't necessary need to wait until my anniversary, but it wouldn't hurt to do it. I also read somewhere in the CIC website that the recalculate the points at the date when the application is submitted, so I decided to wait. So in summary:

I received ITA on July 10th but only completed 3 years experience in Canada on August 18th. The system awarded me the extra points on July 1st. I have applied on Sept 8th and so far have not had any issues. My timeline is in the signature and on the September spreadsheet. I have already been requested some additional documents, so I guess the points is a non-issue.

Hope that helps. See you can find the earlier posts for reference.

downinglee

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would like to know.what happened after this because i have similar case.

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same situation and i am afraid to apply. Every1 in the forum said i should decline. For all who had similar situation can you share you experience please?

See my situation below.
Hi All,

I am in need of some advice. I was at 405 points until March 1 I got bumped up to 430. This was due to my foreign work experience which is actually 2 yrs and 11 months. The full 3 yrs will be on April 7 2017. The question is, if I get an ITA on March 15 would it be safe to apply for PR?

Note: I did 1 yr and 6 months at previous job 40 hrs a week
I currently have 1 yr and 5 months at current job

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017
Guys , I am also on the same boat. I have recieved an ITA with points for 2yrs of canadian work experience but I still have 20 more days left to complete my 2yrs.

Was there any answer to the above question

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelhiGuy427 said:
Guys , I am also on the same boat. I have recieved an ITA with points for 2yrs of canadian work experience but I still have 20 more days left to complete my 2yrs.

If your score with 1 year is below the cut-off score for that round you have to decline the ITA.
The visa officers calculate your score as for the day of receiving the ITA, not submitting e-APR.

Accept a new ITA only when your work experience is not less than two calendar years.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
DelhiGuy427 said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

kowalewskaka

May 4, 2017
@Maverick28
So as far as I understand I have to meet my score (or justify it) on the day of ita OR when the officer check my e-pr application?
I also got points for a year of experience in Canada (started job june 2013) and just got ITA, but apparently I can not apply yet becuase without those points i would not have been accepted.
So could I just wait this one calendar month and apply then? Or I have to withdraw and open EE again?

Thanks, beer it is (but in Calgary :D)

Rodipicus

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Ideally, CIC should calculate the experience taking into account joining dates and not just months. Fair or not, this is how he process works and people are able evade the system successfully.

Just like eddie mentioned, a lot of people have successfully received PR in this way which makes it is a non-issue. I would still suggest you to submit the docs only after you gain the stated experience so that it does not create any doubts for the VO.

natash

Oct 20, 2021
Has anyone submitted the file and i have the same case i got ITA for 2 year points calculation and my lawyer is saying to apply for it as its an ongoing job any my two years will be completed in feb Has anyone submitted before 2 years and got accepted ?

Please advise

Nov 23, 2022
1.) Hi I am running in 12th month of my NOC B experience , I will be completing 1 year ( 1560 hrs ) by the end of December 2022 . Can I create my CEC profile now or have to wait for December until I complete my Experience for 1 year ? I have experience with gap of 3 months is it fine for CEC ?

2 .)Also , suppose if i get ITA before Dec 2022 means before completion of 1560 hrs and 1 year , Do in have to accept it or no ?

3.) I asked my lawyer he suggests me to create profile but some of them are saying its risk if you create before completion your 1 year experience , can you plz advise ?