+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Job Offer Points

Layimnida

Mar 28, 2015
Hi! Please help me on my inquiry. I have express entry profile under CEC (i have 2yrs exp as food service supervisor here in canada). I am currently on visitor record because my work permit expired december 2014. Now I am waiting for LMIA from a new employer but its a low skilled job.

My question is, will I still get the additional 600 points on express entry even if the job offer is low skilled? Please help. Thanks a lot!

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Layimnida said:
Hi! Please help me on my inquiry. I have express entry profile under CEC (i have 2yrs exp as food service supervisor here in canada). I am currently on visitor record because my work permit expired december 2014. Now I am waiting for LMIA from a new employer but its a low skilled job.

My question is, will I still get the additional 600 points on express entry even if the job offer is low skilled? Please help. Thanks a lot!
As per my knowledge, LMIA are issued based on low or high skilled jobs. Even if you have low skilled job, you should qualify to receive 600 points.

As per CIC documentation, it doesn't specify that you have to have certain type of LMIA for extra 600 points.

epoypalaboy

Mar 27, 2015
Maple_Leafs said:
As per my knowledge, LMIA are issued based on low or high skilled jobs. Even if you have low skilled job, you should qualify to receive 600 points.

As per CIC documentation, it doesn't specify that you have to have certain type of LMIA for extra 600 points.
I'm currently working in Vancouver as a live in caregiver for my grand mother and planning to join the express entry but i don't know if I am qualified because in my LMO or LMIA live in caregiver is NOC C and I believe that it should be NOC A B or O right? I'm a registered nurse in the Philippines. Can you give me some advice if I can still continue my application.Thank you very much.. God Bless

Layimnida

Mar 28, 2015
Maple_Leafs said:

Thank you so much for answering my question! I've been searching for it everywhere and even called the cic but still with no help. Thanks a lot! :)

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Layimnida said:
Thank you so much for answering my question! I've been searching for it everywhere and even called the cic but still with no help. Thanks a lot! :)
Job NOC code has to be 0, A or B otherwise you are not eligible.

Layimnida

Mar 28, 2015
visaowl said:
Job NOC code has to be 0, A or B otherwise you are not eligible.
I already have EE profile, my score is 290. I just want the additional 600 points for the arrange employment. So my new job offer should be NOC 0, a, b?

jackmanalang

Apr 2, 2015
Hi visaowl,
I am currently here in alberta,works in a low skilled job,my work permit expires on Nov 2015, i have 5 years Managerial position back home and applying FSWP thru EE. I have offer of employment as a Food supervisor, do i still need LMiA to support my offer of employment? please help me

Mack23

Feb 9, 2015
On your VISA it will state an LMIA or LMO (The old format of LMIA) number. If you have this you should enter it in your EE application. I am not sure how your employer can add this to your VISA if its not stated. Maybe someone else can help out on this issue.

jackmanalang

Apr 2, 2015
Mack23 said:
On your VISA it will state an LMIA or LMO (The old format of LMIA) number. If you have this you should enter it in your EE application. I am not sure how your employer can add this to your VISA if its not stated. Maybe someone else can help out on this issue.
I found the answer on my question. I still need the LMIA to support my job offer. The position in my job offer is not the one in my current work permit. Thanks
www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=696&t=29