+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

newmember2017

Mar 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum to ask these questions.

I got my ECA today and will qualify if I update it in the profile. I may land at a score of 460 +

Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions here -
1. I had 3 employers and have the job description from the last two employers with an experience of 5 years , is it mandatory to upload job description/experience letter for my current employer ? If I remove it from my profile, will it cause any issues ?

2. We are not claiming any points for my wife's work experience, should we include this in the profile ? Or remove it and add it under work history ?

3 Ideally, when should we go for medical ? I have a 2 years old daughter, does she need medical as well ?

4 Does being a diabetic affect the application? Do they refuse it or ask you to go for additional tests ?

5 Do we need proof of funds from all the banks ? or is it sufficient to show a couple of banks that would help me achieve the minimum total in the application ?

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Everyone,
Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions here -
1. I had 3 employers and have the job description from the last two employers with an experience of 5 years , i
Job description is not enough. See Proof of work experience -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

s it mandatory to upload job description/experience letter for my current employer ?
Only if you are using the experience for points/eligibility. If you don't need it to qualify, then you can remove it from your profile, and put it in your personal history only (no documentation required in that case).

2. We are not claiming any points for my wife's work experience, should we include this in the profile ? Or remove it and add it under work history ?
Spouse's work experience only adds points if it is skilled work in Canada (foreign work experience does not). If it does not add points, leave it out of the profile and put it in the background / personal history only.

3 Ideally, when should we go for medical ? I have a 2 years old daughter, does she need medical as well ?
After you get the ITA. And yes, she needs the medical too.

4 Does being a diabetic affect the application? Do they refuse it or ask you to go for additional tests ?
If it is well controlled, it is unlikely to affect the application. The only time it affects the application is if, according to the medical assessment, you are likely to impose "excessive demand" on the health system (cost more than the average Canadian - e.g. if you were in kidney failure and needing a transplant).

5 Do we need proof of funds from all the banks ? or is it sufficient to show a couple of banks that would help me achieve the minimum total in the application ?
just enough to meet the proof of funds requirement.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Friends,

How many roles and responsibilities are ideal to be mentioned on the Experience letter? I know it can be subjective based on your profession. But for a guy from IT, how many bullet points will look good?

7 - 10?

Thoughts please?

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
do not have a reference letter for one company as the company wind up two years back. Secondly in my experience letter related to this company the date of joining mentioned is different as mentioned in the appointment and offer letter. My appointment letter contains my salary, reporting authority, benefits date of joining and responsibilities .
Offer and appointment letter- 20october 2009 - 31st may 2010
Experience letter- 24 th September 2009-31st may 2010

My collegue who worked with me during that period has given a letter of reference.

I can’t move this to personal history as I have claimed points for the same in my profile.

I f I include a LOE what should I state do I show only the appointment letter or both?

Apr 1, 2016
Hello guys and thank you for helping me with questions. Does anybody know when you need to send the letters from your past employeers as a proof of your skilled experience? How long the letters are valid?

tung1990

Mar 9, 2018
hii i was in australia for study from 2008-2011.then i came back to india .Afterthat i was in family buisness .Then my brother apllied for my trv visa in 2017 to visit him but got rejected .now my wife is planning to aplly through expess entry .is my rejection gonna effect the case in any sense

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
hii i was in australia for study from 2008-2011.then i came back to india .Afterthat i was in family buisness .Then my brother apllied for my trv visa in 2017 to visit him but got rejected .now my wife is planning to aplly through expess entry .is my rejection gonna effect the case in any sense
No. Not at all.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello guys and thank you for helping me with questions. Does anybody know when you need to send the letters from your past employeers as a proof of your skilled experience? How long the letters are valid?
If you have received the ITA or you're are sure to get an ITA in next round of invitation, then get the reference letters from your all employers against which you are showing your experience.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
do not have a reference letter for one company as the company wind up two years back. Secondly in my experience letter related to this company the date of joining mentioned is different as mentioned in the appointment and offer letter. My appointment letter contains my salary, reporting authority, benefits date of joining and responsibilities .
Offer and appointment letter- 20october 2009 - 31st may 2010
Experience letter- 24 th September 2009-31st may 2010

My collegue who worked with me during that period has given a letter of reference.

I can’t move this to personal history as I have claimed points for the same in my profile.

I f I include a LOE what should I state do I show only the appointment letter or both?
May I know why is there a difference?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Friends,

How many roles and responsibilities are ideal to be mentioned on the Experience letter? I know it can be subjective based on your profession. But for a guy from IT, how many bullet points will look good?

7 - 10?

Thoughts please?
Should be enough. I have seen candidates with a two-page reference letter.

Reactions: mathansri

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Can some one explain the WES process
In Detail

Important Information:

Before you send documents, you must submit an application and receive a WES reference number.

You must include your WES reference number on all envelopes and correspondence.

WES is not responsible for documents that arrive without a reference number.

• For applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip (12+3+2) for evaluation click here
  • For study completed at the University of Mumbai, Gujarat University, or Goa University click here
  • WES does not evaluate study in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha indigenous medical systems. Click here for further information.
  • Wes has no affiliation with companies, persons, or agencies in India. We are not responsible for claims made by third parties, and we urge applicants to deal directly with WES regarding documentation or the evaluation process.

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
For example: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctoral Degree

What you need to do:

For completed study, send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document.

2. Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript
This is an click here.

What you need to do:

Option 1

For completed, incomplete and in-progress study, ask the institution responsible for conducting the examinations to attest and send your documents directly to WES.

Option 2

If the institution gives you the document to send to WES, the document must be attested, dated, and placed in a Academic Records Request Form. This form will help you request your documents.

Important Information:

• WES only accepts documents issued, attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors, officials at non-autonomous and non-constituent colleges, or external notary publics will not be accepted.
  • If you have completed less than one year full-time post-secondary academic study, WES highly recommends that you also send secondary school documents.
3. Confirmation of Doctoral Degree Conferral
If you completed a doctoral degree, a written statement from the awarding institution indicating the date your degree was conferred and your WES confirmation of doctoral degree conferral form may be used for this purpose.

What you need to do:

Option 1

For completed study, ask the institution that awarded your degree to send your document directly to WES.

Option 2

If the institution gives you the document to send to WES, it must be in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official at the institution that awarded your degree. If the envelope is opened or if there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document.

Sending Documents
Before you send documents, you must submit an application and get a reference number.

Include your WES reference number on all envelopes and correspondence. WES is not responsible for documents that arrive without a reference number. Documents that arrive in our office without a reference number may encounter processing delays.

Do not send original documents unless specifically requested by WES. All documentation received becomes the property of WES and cannot be returned.

By Postal Mail or Courier Delivery

WES Reference No. _ _ _ _ _ _ _
World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada
All documents must be mailed to WES. WES does NOT accept documents delivered in person. No exceptions.

Reactions: srinu126

bijoykothari

Nov 17, 2015
Hi

I have a question, my sister has applied for express entry and she intends to stay in either Ontario or BC, but I live in montreal. If and when she gets her CoPR can she land in Montreal stay with me for while till we figure out further arrangements for her before she travels there, or she would have to land in Ontario before she can come and stay with me in montreal for a bit, while figure out her arrengements. would that make a difference since she has no CSQ?

Thanks