+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

devin43ty

Feb 28, 2018
Dear readers,

How to check the genuineness of a job offer letter from Canada?

What are features of authentic job offer?

From which office, should I check the details of my job offer?

Some people label the offer letter as LMIA but what is it?

Is LMIA approved after the job offer or prior to it?

Is there a difference between the LMIA or the job offer?

As I am living outside of Canada, I need a true job letter otherwise if I am offered a fake one,I would be refused without any ifs or buts.

Please answer all my queries as these are quite vital for all of us otherwise we will fall prey to fraudsters.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear readers,

How to check the genuineness of a job offer letter from Canada?

What are features of authentic job offer?

From which office, should I check the details of my job offer?

Some people label the offer letter as LMIA but what is it?

Is LMIA approved after the job offer or prior to it?

Is there a difference between the LMIA or the job offer?

As I am living outside of Canada, I need a true job letter otherwise if I am offered a fake one,I would be refused without any ifs or buts.

Please answer all my queries as these are quite vital for all of us otherwise we will fall prey to fraudsters.
Easiest way is to post the job offer in the forum (remove any personal info of course), it will be easy for those with experience to identify the issues with the offer right away.

DivyaJ

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
ANAND
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
Nomination.....
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
IELTS Request
28-02-2018
Hi
I have created my EE profile , here is my background

Degree : Masters
Experience: 4 years
IELTS - CLB 9

Along with me and my husband we are scoring around 452 scores. I have some questions which I would like to ask please help me.

Actually, we had done the court marriage without the permission of our parents, we are still living at our own home and we are not living together and that's why I haven't added the name of my husband in my passport so does it create any issue?

- Our working hours are 8.30 to 6.00 Pm with 45 mins lunch break, we have off on alternate Saturday, in my profile I have added 54 working hours per week is that okay?

- I am working as a Business Development Executive for international marketing in IT firm and I have selected 6221 as my NOC, is that okay?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello
I am done with my medicals but my pcc appointment is bit far. Can I submit my application before pcc ?
Does it make any difference in processing or rejection?
TIA

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I am done with my medicals but my pcc appointment is bit far. Can I submit my application before pcc ?
Does it make any difference in processing or rejection?
TIA
You tell us, is it an exceptional circumstance?

"Applications that do not include a required police certificate and do not provide supporting documentation where required should be rejected as incomplete."

"In exceptional circumstances, some applicants may experience delays in obtaining police certificates within the 90-calendar-day timeframe allocated to submit a complete e-APR. In such situations, applicants should submit a letter of explanation as part of their application and include proof of having requested a police certificate (e.g., a copy of the receipt obtained when they requested the police certificate from the prescribed authority). The officer’s discretion may be required in assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within these time limits are valid and reliable for the purpose of evaluating admissibility."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have created my EE profile , here is my background

Degree : Masters
Experience: 4 years
IELTS - CLB 9

Along with me and my husband we are scoring around 452 scores. I have some questions which I would like to ask please help me.

Actually, we had done the court marriage without the permission of our parents, we are still living at our own home and we are not living together and that's why I haven't added the name of my husband in my passport so does it create any issue?

- Our working hours are 8.30 to 6.00 Pm with 45 mins lunch break, we have off on alternate Saturday, in my profile I have added 54 working hours per week is that okay?

- I am working as a Business Development Executive for international marketing in IT firm and I have selected 6221 as my NOC, is that okay?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
1 - No issue.
2 - That's fine but depending on what your employer writes in your reference letter you may have to modify this number.
3 - Whether the NOC you chose is ok or not does not depend on your job title but whether it fits your duties and responsibilities.

muthupiping

Jan 31, 2018
Query about POF:
Dear Friends,
I have just 50k INR in my account(1k CAD)
I have PF balance of 600k INR (12k CAD)
My wife has Ac balance of 500k INR (10k CAD)
For a family of 3, need to show 20k CAD.

Is what I have enough or should I arrange for gift deed?
I'm asking to know if accompanying spouse A/c balance is considered as POF?

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Hey friends!

I need proper guidance as I’m coming Toronto next week for landing procedure.
I got AOR in may 2017 and then I got married and add my spouse name on my file. Luckily we get PPR at same time and then I came back to my home country for my sister’s marriage. Now will come with my wife next year at Toronto. My spouse will come first time in Canada.
My concern is
1: do I need any documents except passport and copr paper ?
2: after get ppr I directly came back home for three months so I didn’t get paid by my company since last 3 months. It is ok, right ?

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hello Friends,

I have a query whick I will be grateful if I could get an advise

I had my Masters degree program in the UK between 2011-2012. I left the UK after the completion of my program and later visited in August 2014 for 2 weeks vacation. I requested for PCC last week which i am still waiting for although I mixed up my time of leaving the uk instead of December 2012, I wrote October 2012.

My question goes as follows;
1. Did I need to add my 2 weeks visited to the UK into the police report request?

2. Will I need to apply for a new pcc?
Thanks guys

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi All,

I received an ITA during the last draw and now I have a query. One of my Ex-employer is not willing to provide the reference letter (for 1 year experience). However, I have included this in my profile and now received the ITA.

Is it possible to remove this and move it to "Personal History" section and include an LOE. Removing this wont affect my CRS as I scan still claim for the 3 years work experience points from my older and current organization.

Someone suggested me to create another express entry profile without that 1 Year of work experience and then delete the existing profile for which I received the ITA. But when I was going through some forums, I read that it is against the Canadian law and might lead to dire consequences and I don't want to take this risk at all.

Or the other option he gave was to decline the current invitation and create a fresh profile and wait for the next draw. My current CRS is 448.

Please can someone guide me here?

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Milind

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I received an ITA during the last draw and now I have a query. One of my Ex-employer is not willing to provide the reference letter (for 1 year experience). However, I have included this in my profile and now received the ITA.

Is it possible to remove this and move it to "Personal History" section and include an LOE. Removing this wont affect my CRS as I scan still claim for the 3 years work experience points from my older and current organization.

Someone suggested me to create another express entry profile without that 1 Year of work experience and then delete the existing profile for which I received the ITA. But when I was going through some forums, I read that it is against the Canadian law and might lead to dire consequences and I don't want to take this risk at all.

Or the other option he gave was to decline the current invitation and create a fresh profile and wait for the next draw. My current CRS is 448.

Please can someone guide me here?

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Milind
I don't know who this person is but I would like to try whatever he/she smokes.

1 - As long as it does not affect your CRS AND eligibility (if you're a FSW applicant) you can remove it and mention only in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required. You can also provide a LOE regarding this change and the fact that your CRS/eligibility remains the same.

Reactions: milindpm

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017

1 - As long as it does not affect your CRS AND eligibility (if you're a FSW applicant) you can remove it and mention only in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required. You can also provide a LOE regarding this change and the fact that your CRS/eligibility remains the same.
Thanks

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017

Could you please help me with how I can move this one year of work experience to the personal history section. I can't find it in my profile.

DivyaJ

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
ANAND
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
Nomination.....
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
IELTS Request
28-02-2018
Hi
I have done MBA so my Wes report says Master Degree but my spouse had done 12th and 3 years Diploma in Engineering and his Wes report says

Canadian Equivalent - Diploma (Two Years)

So while creating EE profile can be claimed bpoint for bachelor's?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi
I have done MBA so my Wes report says Master Degree but my spouse had done 12th and 3 years Diploma in Engineering and his Wes report says

Canadian Equivalent - Diploma (Two Years)

So while creating EE profile can be claimed bpoint for bachelor's?
No, you claim what for what is on the WES report, Deploma 2 years. Claiming points for a bachelor's may lead to rejection as you will be awarded more points than you should.

Regards.

Reactions: DivyaJ