+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking at the Federal Skilled Worker selection factors to ensure I am getting 67 out of the 100 points.

I am confused by the work experience part. EE CRS tool clearly mentions work experience in past 10 years and gives maximum points for 3 or more years. I am pretty clear on that.

Whereas, in FSW, it doesn't state past 10 years. It just asks for work experience and the choices go upto 6 years or more.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
(Maximum 15 points)
You can get points for the number of years you’ve spent in full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time).

So my question is, For the calculation of FSW points, does this 6 years include "all my past work experience" or just the "last 10 years"? Please advise, it would be very helpful.
Last 10 years.

Reactions: Knac12

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi Crescent_jam, following is the information requested:

1. I did diploma in engineering (2006-2009), Canadian Equivalency == "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years"
2. Bachelor's in engineering (2009-2012), Canadian Equivalency == "Bachelor Degree 4 years".

I have done evaluation of both these credentials together. On top of the report CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY == Bachelor's Degree (four Years).

I believe summery on top always mentioned the highest level of education. I have done extra diploma before doing bachelor degree. Most people would have done only secondary school diploma and then got their bachelor degree, but in my case i did diploma and then bachelor degree.

You need to provide us with more information because this is getting confusing...

1) How many educational credentials do you have and which ones did you get assessed?
2) How many ECA reports do you have?
3) What is the 'Canadian Equivalency SUMMARY in EACH of the ECA reports that you have?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I am looking at the Federal Skilled Worker selection factors to ensure I am getting 67 out of the 100 points.

I am confused by the work experience part. EE CRS tool clearly mentions work experience in past 10 years and gives maximum points for 3 or more years. I am pretty clear on that.

Whereas, in FSW, it doesn't state past 10 years. It just asks for work experience and the choices go upto 6 years or more.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
(Maximum 15 points)
You can get points for the number of years you’ve spent in full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time).

So my question is, For the calculation of FSW points, does this 6 years include "all my past work experience" or just the "last 10 years"? Please advise, it would be very helpful.
Hi,

That is a good question. The instruction does not restrict one to the last 10 years. However, since the maximum points are given for 6 years of experience, not many would claim points for experience gained more than 10 years ago. Remember you will need to provide evidence of this experience. So I would advice you only claim what you need.

Regards

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Friends,

I had received an ITA and submitted my application within the deadline along with the Fees. For a few days this showed on my CIC account under submitted applications but today when I logged in, there is nothing :(

I have no clue where my application is. Kindly help in case someone else has faced a similar situation or is aware about it.

Is there a helpline number/ Email where I can write to CIC and confirm about my status?

Please note: I had submitted all documents except my wife's X-Ray since she is in the middle of her pregnancy and our doctor has advised us to get an X-ray done post delivery. My wife is the primary applicant.

Looking forward your response. Thanks in advance.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Hi, I just submitted Express Entry at 10 am, 17th Oct 2017 canada time. But the Express Entry shows date of submission of EE as 18th Oct.

Why is the difference in date. Will i be considered for tomorrow's CRS Draw??

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Crescent_jam, following is the information requested:

1. I did diploma in engineering (2006-2009), Canadian Equivalency == "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years"
2. Bachelor's in engineering (2009-2012), Canadian Equivalency == "Bachelor Degree 4 years".

I have done evaluation of both these credentials together. On top of the report CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY == Bachelor's Degree (four Years).

I believe summery on top always mentioned the highest level of education. I have done extra diploma before doing bachelor degree. Most people would have done only secondary school diploma and then got their bachelor degree, but in my case i did diploma and then bachelor degree.
Hi yogi44,
The Canadian Equivalency Summary is what dictates your highest Educational qualification - if the ECA Report states that both together equate to a Bachelor's Degree (four years), then your highest educational level is "Bachelor's Degree..." - I don't think you can claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees..." even though you ACTUALLY have 2 Degrees. It's unfortunately based on the ECA, not on our own perceptions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Friends,

I had received an ITA and submitted my application within the deadline along with the Fees. For a few days this showed on my CIC account under submitted applications but today when I logged in, there is nothing :(

I have no clue where my application is. Kindly help in case someone else has faced a similar situation or is aware about it.

Is there a helpline number/ Email where I can write to CIC and confirm about my status?

Please note: I had submitted all documents except my wife's X-Ray since she is in the middle of her pregnancy and our doctor has advised us to get an X-ray done post delivery. My wife is the primary applicant.

Looking forward your response. Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't worry. It's perhaps just a technical glitch and your profile will be showing normally soon.

Regards

petreng89

Jan 30, 2016
Hi,
I want some advise.
I am currently on a work permit and working with an employer in Ontario, I have submitted my PR application through Express Entry - FSW (Inland ofcourse :)).
I want to change my employer, would this impact my application in any way?
Am I supposed to inform CIC about this?
Is changing employers advisable during PR application in progress?

Thanks!

AOR: 10th July 2017
Documents, Eligibility, BGC: All under review (no updates on them since medical passed on 21st July 2017)

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I had submitted my passport on Oct 2 and it reached CPC Ottawa on Oct4.But after that I have not got any update neither on profile , nor on email .
Is there any way by which I can track my passport ? How many days does it take usually ?

Thanks.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,
I want some advise.
I am currently on a work permit and working with an employer in Ontario, I have submitted my PR application through Express Entry - FSW (Inland ofcourse :)).
I want to change my employer, would this impact my application in any way? No.
Am I supposed to inform CIC about this? I m not sure, if you have to. But its preferred you do.
Is changing employers advisable during PR application in progress? It won't affect your application.

Thanks!

AOR: 10th July 2017
Documents, Eligibility, BGC: All under review (no updates on them since medical passed on 21st July 2017)
Please read the comments in red.

Good Luck !!

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
I had submitted my passport on Oct 2 and it reached CPC Ottawa on Oct4.But after that I have not got any update neither on profile , nor on email .
Is there any way by which I can track my passport ? How many days does it take usually ?

Thanks.
I m afraid not. You just have to be patient.

Meanwhile, you can check your MyCIC account regularly to see if your application is approved.

If it has, you will receive your Passport shortly.

I understand, it can seem like a long wait, but it will happen eventually.

Good Luck !!

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
When uploading your degree certificates do we also need to upload transcripts( mark sheets)? The website says if available but not necessary. I have the mark sheets , should I upload them or keep is just to the degree certificates?

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
one more thing, we can upload documents, complete and the save the application as we go ya?or do we need to finish it in one go?