+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Shiningst

Aug 19, 2017
Hello,

Please, i need some clarification on the SNIP, i am a student in Regina how do i go about applying. The last time i checked the assessment they said i was not qualified but i don't think that's correct. Can you advice on what i need to do to get nominated.

Thanks alot

Oct 1, 2017
I Iamfrom India Iand Ieceived Ontario Nomination, after which 600 additional points were added in my application acount. My total after this points was 1006. I received ITA in EE profile and submitted my complete application on 12th June 2017. My medical was also cleared.
Its ben 4 months since I have submitted my application. How lo g will it take to get COPR?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I Iamfrom India Iand Ieceived Ontario Nomination, after which 600 additional points were added in my application acount. My total after this points was 1006. I received ITA in EE profile and submitted my complete application on 12th June 2017. My medical was also cleared.
Its ben 4 months since I have submitted my application. How lo g will it take to get COPR?
There is no set time, you just have to be patient. Its been 4 months so you should be getting close. You can also order GCMS note, which will give you an idea of what's going on.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi all,

My spouse has a master's degree though I didn't do the ECA for that and want to go with my credentials only. In that case, what should I chose her education in spouse section in EE profile? If I mention masters, Will it warrant an ECA on her part which I currently don't have? Please clarify.
Hi,

Yes it will. The best is to say she has no education.
Post-ITA, you can then mention this degree in personal history where no evidence is required.

All the best

Reactions: theatlantic

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
If the PCC mentions specific address and/or time periods and the applicant has lived in the same country in other addresses/time periods, then the application might be refused for the reason "PCC doesn't cover entire duration of stay in the country" (Paraphrased). This is especially true for Pakistani applicants because I recall seeing a lot of people in the "Reasons for Rejection" thread stating that their application was refused because of PCC. Pakistan is known to issue PCCs with specific addresses/time periods on it.

I would strongly recommend that the applicant submits a PCC without specific time periods/addresses OR submit PCC(s) that covers the entire time period/mentions all the addresses (All time periods since 18 years old and all addresses lived in since 18 years old).
I agree.

I dont know why Pakistan PCC is such a big problem.

regards

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi all,

My spouse has a master's degree though I didn't do the ECA for that and want to go with my credentials only. In that case, what should I chose her education in spouse section in EE profile? If I mention masters, Will it warrant an ECA on her part which I currently don't have? Please clarify.
how many points do you have without her ECA? Did you estimate if your spouse were primary applicant how your points would increase etc...? I would recommend getting both your ECAs. Switching primary applicants can make all the difference

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how many points do you have without her ECA? Did you estimate if your spouse were primary applicant how your points would increase etc...? I would recommend getting both your ECAs. Switching primary applicants can make all the difference
I understand that doing the ECA for both could be useful to some extent. Nevertheless, I don't really hold a chance for direct invitation and would be applying for SINP next year. As they have an EE stream synchronized with the provincial programs, I am doing it as a requisite. By the way, after completing the EE profile, CIC has given an application number to me. Is there anything else (such as job seeker validation code) which I might have missed? Please share.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hey @TanakaM , my UK PCC was issued in Nov 2015 (I stayed in the UK from 2006 through 2009), and haven't returned to the UK. However, the address on the UK PCC shows my old Indian address (I moved home an year ago)- hope this is OK or should I now get a new UK PCC with my existing home address?

I also hope its valid indefinitely as I haven't returned notwithstanding its now 2 years old !!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey @TanakaM , my UK PCC was issued in Nov 2015 (I stayed in the UK from 2006 through 2009), and haven't returned to the UK. However, the address on the UK PCC shows my old Indian address (I moved home an year ago)- hope this is OK or should I now get a new UK PCC with my existing home address?

I also hope its valid indefinitely as I haven't returned notwithstanding its now 2 years old !!!
Hi,

Technically it is still valid, but CIC also say the following:
"Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Since UK PCC is not difficult to get I would just get a new one and avoid complications or delays.

regards

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys,

For the proof of funds, does anyone know how the exchange rate used is CALCULATED?
Hi,

It's not stated but I would use the rates advertised by the bank of Canada and give myself 2-3k breathing space.

regards