Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi

I have a bachelor degree of 3 years and also has a diploma of 3 years in education. I evaluated my credentials and received a report On the summery it is written that i have equivalent to bachelor degree in Canada. On the report, i have two assessments. 1st assessment says i have secondary school diploma 2 years. 2nd
assessment says i have a bachelor degree 4 years.

If I select bachelor's degree on CIC...I get 432 points. but if I select two or more certificates, diploma or degrees I get 465 points... So what should I select?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have a bachelor degree of 3 years and also has a diploma of 3 years in education. I evaluated my credentials and received a report On the summery it is written that i have equivalent to bachelor degree in Canada. On the report, i have two assessments. 1st assessment says i have secondary school diploma 2 years. 2nd
assessment says i have a bachelor degree 4 years.

If I select bachelor's degree on CIC...I get 432 points. but if I select two or more certificates, diploma or degrees I get 465 points... So what should I select?
Bachelor's.

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
what does "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" means on ECA report ? It is only secondary diploma or more than that? Because i dont understand the phrase "and diploma 2 years" ? If it is more than that then can i qualify for option "two or more certificates, diploma or degree" option as i have a bachelor degree also ?

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Guidance required on Express Entry - Education History.

For each degree the EE form requires starting from (month/year) and completion date. But in my degree certificate/marksheet its nowhere mentioned the date of starting or ending the degree. The only mentions are date of examination.

What date should i write in the form then.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Guidance required on Express Entry - Education History.

For each degree the EE form requires starting from (month/year) and completion date. But in my degree certificate/marksheet its nowhere mentioned the date of starting or ending the degree. The only mentions are date of examination.

What date should i write in the form then.
Hi,

Just put the date you started, eg sept 2006 and the end date is the date on your certificate.

regards

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
I agree.

I dont know why Pakistan PCC is such a big problem.

regards
Agreed. Went through this hectic quite recently. Im telling for everyone's benefit in Karachi that i obtained PCC for every address (i lived on 3 addresses within same city, within same district and within same block but on different streets - YET i went to same police station multiple times and explained all situation to SHO and he was kind to issue 3 PCCs each covering each address i lived on :)

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
what does "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" means on ECA report ? It is only secondary diploma or more than that? Because i dont understand the phrase "and diploma 2 years" ? If it is more than that then can i qualify for option "two or more certificates, diploma or degree" option as i have a bachelor degree also ?
Check "Canadian Equivalency Summary" statement which is given on top in WES and at the end in ICAS reports.... If it says "bachelor 4 years" then you are bachelors... if it says "bachelors 3 years AND xyx degree" then u can select two or more degree option.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Per IRCC's website, regarding how to read your ECA report, your highest education level is "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
So i have "bachelor's degree" and "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years".. Clearly "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" is higher that just secondary school diploma and according to CIC it also gets more points. So can i select the two certificates options thing ?

Per IRCC's website, regarding how to read your ECA report, your highest education level is "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
So i have "bachelor's degree" and "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years".. Clearly "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" is higher that just secondary school diploma and according to CIC it also gets more points. So can i select the two certificates options thing ?
No you cant, because "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" is not one of the credentials that can make up "Two or more certificates..."

Read the instruction below carefully:
"ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse)
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 22"

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@yogi44 - I have looked at your report and I can see why you are confused.

What they are saying is that your highest qualification is a Bachelors degree (that is what you can claim points for).
The diploma you have is considered as something that built up to your Bachelors degree, that is why it is classed as "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" which, unfortunately, can not be used to claim points in the "Two or more certificates..."

I hope this makes it clear for you.

Regards

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
You need to provide us with more information because this is getting confusing...

1) How many educational credentials do you have and which ones did you get assessed?
2) How many ECA reports do you have?
3) What is the 'Canadian Equivalency SUMMARY in EACH of the ECA reports that you have?

Oct 1, 2017
It's been more than 4 months still my background check is showing not applicable. I have cleared my Medical. The file is up in Delhi for futher verification. How much time to vet COPR???

Knac12

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
I am looking at the Federal Skilled Worker selection factors to ensure I am getting 67 out of the 100 points.

I am confused by the work experience part. EE CRS tool clearly mentions work experience in past 10 years and gives maximum points for 3 or more years. I am pretty clear on that.

Whereas, in FSW, it doesn't state past 10 years. It just asks for work experience and the choices go upto 6 years or more.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
(Maximum 15 points)
You can get points for the number of years you’ve spent in full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time).

So my question is, For the calculation of FSW points, does this 6 years include "all my past work experience" or just the "last 10 years"? Please advise, it would be very helpful.