+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have recieved ITA and currently in the process of collecting documents for submitting my eAPR.

I had a question -

Prior to getting ITA in my CIC form I had declared to get CAD 20,000 in proof of funds (2 family members).

Things are tight financially, now can I show the funds as CAD 15,312 as that is the official funds which CIC expects for 2 family members.

If I change the proof of funds to CAD 15,312 as per CIC requirements, will my ITA get affected, as i committed CAD 20,000 initially.

Please advise
as long as its over 15312, it should be fine

better keep it $16k just to be on the safe side - CIC revises minimum cut offs twice a year

richacanadapr17

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Hi all..i want to get my pcc done from USA and it may take upto three months..one agent tells me that he can get it done in 3 weeks..have anyone get it done expedited and is it acceptable by canada..my profile is in assessment stage since 24 july...

Esele

Jul 14, 2017
Hello everyone. Please I need some help.
I already have a profile with cic as I have been granted a visit visa twice(paper based application) in my last application I mistake put my work experience as 2014 to 2015,instead of to 2016 and put my second job experience as 2016 to 2017. As u can see that means I have two years experience and which put my csr score at 226. I wanted to create my express entry profile and correct the mistake of my first employment as 2014 to 2016 but I am scared because
1. If they would penalize me for the mistake and say I am lying and thereby as for proof. Now the problem is I was paid in checks and sometimes by hand as so it doesn't reflect on my bank statement.
Should I be patient I use the one year that I can proof ( I have paid slips and back statement to prove this)
Or should I go ahead and use the 3 years and explain my situation.
Sorry for the long write up I wanted to make if clear

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi all..i want to get my pcc done from USA and it may take upto three months..one agent tells me that he can get it done in 3 weeks..have anyone get it done expedited and is it acceptable by canada..my profile is in assessment stage since 24 july...
In my opinion, if you have time then you should go with the correct way. I have heard people taking these short cuts but I am not aware whether they have been successfully accepted or not.

Check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fbi-pcc.247817/page-349#post-5940652
It will help you more.

Reactions: TanakaM

Rainier

Jul 28, 2017
Good day everyone.

i just want to know if i need to pass an ECA to immigration.. I am from Philippines.. I graduated on 2003, i took bachelor of science in accountancy, four year course and i took another 2 year course of Electrical, graduated on 2007 at currently working as an electrician. Do i need an ECA? Thank you

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Good day everyone.

i just want to know if i need to pass an ECA to immigration.. I am from Philippines.. I graduated on 2003, i took bachelor of science in accountancy, four year course and i took another 2 year course of Electrical, graduated on 2007 at currently working as an electrician. Do i need an ECA? Thank you
Yes

richacanadapr17

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-12-2017

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone. Please I need some help.
I already have a profile with cic as I have been granted a visit visa twice(paper based application) in my last application I mistake put my work experience as 2014 to 2015,instead of to 2016 and put my second job experience as 2016 to 2017. As u can see that means I have two years experience and which put my csr score at 226. I wanted to create my express entry profile and correct the mistake of my first employment as 2014 to 2016 but I am scared because
1. If they would penalize me for the mistake and say I am lying and thereby as for proof. Now the problem is I was paid in checks and sometimes by hand as so it doesn't reflect on my bank statement.
Should I be patient I use the one year that I can proof ( I have paid slips and back statement to prove this)
Or should I go ahead and use the 3 years and explain my situation.
Sorry for the long write up I wanted to make if clear
Hi,

Although they have access to all the information, your PR application will be treated on its individual merit. Therefore, you can create your profile and claim 3 years of work experience as long as you can prove it. They do not need your bank statements, all you need to submit is a reference letter for employment and a bank letter for proof of funds. See instructions below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

For peace of mind, you can even explain this error in your LOE (post-ITA).

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Good day everyone.

"To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
  • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
  • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Regards

Reactions: suede

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi,

Could you please help at a high level on the process

1) ITA issued from draw
2) accept ITA and start the application
3) profile transferred from EE profile to PR application profile.
4) I have 90 days to submit complete application
5)update all family details.

I have got this far.....

Next steps (please confirm if correct and the correct order?)

- submit the above data?
-Will the system then ask for the documents to upload?
-Will the personal checklist and medical request form be produced?
-upload supporting documentation?
-then submit and pay?
Is this then recognised as your eAPR?

Wait for approval? (6 months)

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

Could you please help at a high level on the process

1) ITA issued from draw
2) accept ITA and start the application
3) profile transferred from EE profile to PR application profile.
4) I have 90 days to submit complete application
5)update all family details.

I have got this far.....

Next steps (please confirm if correct and the correct order?)

- submit the above data? yes, you complete the application.
-Will the system then ask for the documents to upload? Yes. This is the personal checklist.
-Will the personal checklist and medical request form be produced? medicals are submitted upfront, not requested. So you just do them and upload the report with the other documents.
-upload supporting documentation? Yes
-then submit and pay? Yes
Is this then recognised as your eAPR? everything you have mentioned above is part of the eAPR.

Wait for approval? (6 months) yes, could be less could be more.

Thanks
See answers in red, but that's pretty much it.

regards

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Hello again beautiful people!

We are about to create our EE Profile, we already have the Personal Code expiring on October 2. My wife will be the main applicant because I botched my IELTS (I dozed off), and my wife have a much better Employment History than me. But the thing is, my wife still has her maiden name on her passport but will be renewing and changing the name on the passport this November.

I wonder if it's wise to just wait for the new passport before creating our EE Profile to avoid confusion? Below are some of our details that may help you help me:

- CRS (as per CRS Tool) will be 402 after October 13, my wife's Birthday.
- We are not hoping for Federal Nomination/ITA, we are looking into PNP, we are planning to get a job offer while waiting for PNP.
- We are a family of 4.

Thanks all and I pray that all your Canada dreams may come true!

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi friends...i am eligible under Saskatchewan in-demand skilled worker category and nova Scotia in-demand skilled worker Category. My query is..
1. Can i apply for both at same time.
2. Do i have to create profile under express entry pool or not?
3. My score for Saskatchewan stands at 61 out of 70. I dont have any link to Saskatchewan so from rest of 30 points i would not get any single point. It stands at 61/100. How Saskatchewan's selection criteria works?
4. Do i have chances to get selected under Saskatchewan with score mentioned above?
5. I am unable to understand Low, average and high point list of Saskatchewan which reflects yearwise candidates selected by region. Where lowest point stands at 80 and average is 145. How this works?

Pls help.

Thanks in advance

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello again beautiful people!

We are about to create our EE Profile, we already have the Personal Code expiring on October 2. My wife will be the main applicant because I botched my IELTS (I dozed off), and my wife have a much better Employment History than me. But the thing is, my wife still has her maiden name on her passport but will be renewing and changing the name on the passport this November.

I wonder if it's wise to just wait for the new passport before creating our EE Profile to avoid confusion? Below are some of our details that may help you help me:

- CRS (as per CRS Tool) will be 402 after October 13, my wife's Birthday.
- We are not hoping for Federal Nomination/ITA, we are looking into PNP, we are planning to get a job offer while waiting for PNP.
- We are a family of 4.

Thanks all and I pray that all your Canada dreams may come true!
As long as you provide a marriage certificate to Canadian immigration it doesn't matter if you and your wife have different surnames. My spouse and I have different surnames and we've had no issues so far - I've received my OINP nomination and an ITA, and I'll be submitting my application soon.

Changing the maiden name in fact creates more confusion and additional documentation - for example all her degree certificates will have her maiden name and hence she'll need an affidavit and other documents to prove she's the same person with a new married name.

If she's changing her name just for the sake of Canadian immigration I'd suggest that there's no need to do it. If she's doing it for personal reasons then she can go ahead with it.

Good luck to you both.