+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

arunkumarsachin

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hi,

I have ITA and I am in the process of gathering the documents. In 2011, L1A visa for USA was refused and Visa officer informed me to come with different type of visa categories but I don't have any relevant document regards with refusal visa and even there is no indication of refusal stamp in my passport.

In this case, do I need to mention 'Yes' or 'No' in the below statuary questions.

1. Has Arunkumar Panchatsharam been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has Arunkumar Panchatsharam ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

can you please suggest on this.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
For my canadian education , do i need to upload graduate certificate or transcript will work too because as of now i have not received my certificate and have my gradudation ceremony in june.

mrzbd

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
cmoncanada said:
Yeah, that's true. Up to 24h.

Got ITA..thanks a lot...

Could u please tell me from where I would get some tips on how to proceed further in application process

Thank u

mrzbd

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I have a bit of a unique problem (hope not).
I worked in an organization under a particular NOC for a little more than a year. I started working in 2013 and was qualified to do this job from the 30th of May 2015 (The day I graduated). I left the company on the 17th of April 2016.

Now, when creating my EE profile I got points for this(for one Year) as you only have to enter the month and the year. hence, the period is 1 whole year. however, do you think it will be an issue after I get my ITA and when I submit my ref letters and degree certificates and transcripts as this period does not amount to exactly one year (365 Days)

Your advice is highly appreciated!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shivanker said:
Hi Seniors,

I have a bit of a unique problem (hope not).
I worked in an organization under a particular NOC for a little more than a year. I started working in 2013 and was qualified to do this job from the 30th of May 2015 (The day I graduated). I left the company on the 17th of April 2016.

Now, when creating my EE profile I got points for this(for one Year) as you only have to enter the month and the year. hence, the period is 1 whole year. however, do you think it will be an issue after I get my ITA and when I submit my ref letters and degree certificates and transcripts as this period does not amount to exactly one year (365 Days)

Your advice is highly appreciated!
If that's all the work experience you have (May 30th 2015 to April 17th 2016) then you cannot claim a year of work experience, if you do your application will get rejected.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mrzbd said:
Got ITA..thanks a lot...

Could u please tell me from where I would get some tips on how to proceed further in application process

Thank u

mrzbd
Hi,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html;msg5501832#msg5501832

Great thread started by Stanlee. You should get all the info you need.

All the best

brijesh101

May 6, 2017
Hi,
I have very important query. I got my ITA back in Feb 08, 2017. I had submitted all my docs on Feb 17 & got medical passed in 1 month. Then after there is no update in my account. I thought it would take some time but one of my friend just got passport request yesterday in his Junk mail. He did not have any updates in his MY CIC account. I thought i also could have got email in junk. So I checked my emails but unfortunately I deleted all my spam & trash email from folder. Then I opened my Yahoo app where I can still see mirror image of all emails in Trash folder. Among all I found one email titled as CPCO- Ready For Visa from IRCC which was received on April 12. Now here is unfortunate part, I cannot open that email because it was deleted may be 2-3 weeks ago & even yahoo cannot restores emails beyond 7 days period. As per rules you need to submit your passport within 30 days of receiving email so I have still 1 week left in 30 days. I would really like to know from you that what can I do to get that passport request again. Can they send me email again If I call them on Monday? There are only operate from Mon to Friday 8 am to 4 pm. Please please please help to tackle his problem.
Thanks a lot.
Brijesh Patel.

tinku5992

May 6, 2017
Hi,

I am in the initial stage of applying for Express entry. I'm going with different online assessments with so many immigrant attorney's. Some are saying I'm eligible for express entry but some are assessing I'm not eligible. I have checked in "Come to Canada tool" CIC website which was mentioned in the above discussion, it says I am eligible.
Please someone suggest whether I can proceed further or not? TIA.

About me:
H1B
Masters in US
25 yrs old
Around 2 yrs work exp.

Waiting for your suggestions.

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,

I am currently uploading documents as I got ITA early this week. I am confused about the passport thing. The instructions in the checklist says that I should upload the bio-data page of my passport and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. Now my current passport is still fresh as I only got it last year and I haven't used it to travel out of the county yet and it doesn't have any stamps or markings. I don't know if I should just upload only the biodata page.

All my visas and visa refusal stamps are in old passports dating back to 2005. I don't know if CIC wants me to include the pages of those stamps & visas in the old passports. I don't know what CIC's end game is with this. Are they trying to see the proof for the travel history we filled? If am to take the information in the image below literally, two keywords are to submit a valid travel document and the passport that I am going to use to travel. So it means any pages with visas should be from the new passport right?. But then again my mind is telling me to play it safe and not assume.

Someone please help me make a sense of this.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
omesanni said:
Hi,

I am currently uploading documents as I got ITA early this week. I am confused about the passport thing. The instructions in the checklist says that I should upload the bio-data page of my passport and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. Now my current passport is still fresh as I only got it last year and I haven't used it to travel out of the county yet and it doesn't have any stamps or markings. I don't know if I should just upload only the biodata page.

All my visas and visa refusal stamps are in old passports dating back to 2005. I don't know if CIC wants me to include the pages of those stamps & visas in the old passports. I don't know what CIC's end game is with this. Are they trying to see the proof for the travel history we filled? If am to take the information in the image below literally, two keywords are to submit a valid travel document and the passport that I am going to use to travel. So it means any pages with visas should be from the new passport right?. But then again my mind is telling me to play it safe and not assume.

Someone please help me make a sense of this.
Hi,

CIC do not rely on our passports to see travel history. In fact, a number of countries do not always stamp passport, eg England. They have other ways of accessing our travel history.

So as you have pointed out, the instructions ask for your current/valid travel document (passport). This is all that is required, anything else is additional information. I would just follow them as they are, however, no one has ever been rejected for adding unnecessary documents so it's your call.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
tinku5992 said:
Hi,

I am in the initial stage of applying for Express entry. I'm going with different online assessments with so many immigrant attorney's. Some are saying I'm eligible for express entry but some are assessing I'm not eligible. I have checked in "Come to Canada tool" CIC website which was mentioned in the above discussion, it says I am eligible.
Please someone suggest whether I can proceed further or not? TIA.

About me:
H1B
Masters in US
25 yrs old
Around 2 yrs work exp.

Waiting for your suggestions.
If the Come to Canada tool says you are eligible then I don't see why you are doubting it. It's the official tool. Just make sure you are entering correct/accurate information.

Create your profile and take it from there.

Regards

Navrattan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hello Everyone..Please help me out!!

I started working in a company on 31st March,2014.I took Leave without pay from 20th April,2014 to 29th May,2014 to take my 8 semester exams.I rejoined on 30th May,2014.That's why i entered May,2014 as my start date in EE profile.My 3 years will be completed on 30th May,2017 accordingly and my points would be 429.But cic credited points before 30th May,2017 and i received ITA on 4th May,2017 (Draw cutoff 423).Now i want to change my date to 31st March,2014.I will not mention about my leave without pay anywhere.Is that Okay??
What should i do according to your opinion.
Please help me out!!
Thanks

sherryali

Apr 7, 2017
Dear Blogger,

Its certainly a very detailed information and very helpful one, first a fall thanks to you for sparing your time.
few of the links are unable to open and I am still working on it.
the major issue I am facing is to submit my profile, we both husband & wife are through our WES evaluation and ILETS exam.
we both are having working experience of more than 7/8 years in gulf, As per the details I collected before we are eligible to submit our express entry profile and wait for ITA but when I am trying to do so it appears that we are not eligible.
I believe I am not filling the details properly and missing something there.
Can you help me out or give me a straight link for it.
Thanks & Regards,
Shahrukh
syedsherry@outlook.com

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
sherryali said:
Dear Blogger,

Its certainly a very detailed information and very helpful one, first a fall thanks to you for sparing your time.
few of the links are unable to open and I am still working on it.
the major issue I am facing is to submit my profile, we both husband & wife are through our WES evaluation and ILETS exam.
we both are having working experience of more than 7/8 years in gulf, As per the details I collected before we are eligible to submit our express entry profile and wait for ITA but when I am trying to do so it appears that we are not eligible.
I believe I am not filling the details properly and missing something there.
Can you help me out or give me a straight link for it.
Thanks & Regards,
Shahrukh
syedsherry@outlook.com
There are a number of factors that may render you ineligible so you would need to give full details for us to help. Here are some tips:

Make sure you are entering more than the minimum required funds;
Select an NOC in category A,B OR 0;
Make sure your IELTS are less than 2 years old; AND that you havent selected Quebec as your preferred destination.

All the best

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

Can you please let me know if the below mentioned roles and responsibilities are in line with the roles and responsibilities stated for NOC 4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4163&ver=11&_ga=2.89446171.1254880451.1494218493-1109784802.1482465175

- Formulate innovative strategies to optimize the strengths of xxx group.
- Develop concepts and management proposals to pursue with the new business development strategies
- Develop new business lines and generate new revenue streams
- Enhancing the existing business ventures to formulate long term strategies to the group.
- Update and inform the management on the progress of the projects
- Support the operational aspects of the on-going projects
- Developing new partnerships with travel companies and develop new strategies e.g. Airline partnerships, Travel Operator partnerships
- Cater to different segments such as Technical, Leisure, Insurance, Banking etc.
- Develop new bundle offers to fulfil the customer requirements in all aspects
- Create win-win situation for either parties of the partnership.
- Gather the required information from the potential business partners and develop the strategies based on the requirement.
- Generate xxx Mn gross revenue to xxx through Insurance & other businesses product in 2016 (Team Target)
- Implement 4 new initiatives for the group via new business development strategies
- Develop innovative loyalty partnerships to reduce churn and add value to the customers
- Create innovative and strategic partnerships with several local and overseas partners for the travel vertical
- Archive 5 million subscribers for insurance and other business development products (Team Target)

Extremely sorry for such a long post. your advice is highly appreciated