+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Hello guys,

I would like to thank @rajkamalmohanram for starting this thread, a real big help! I would also like to thank @TanakaM that has been answering my last two questions. So here are a few details about us:

Wife (Main Applicant)
Turning 36 this year.
Working in Singapore as Senior Interior Designer/Head of Operations.
NOC : ?

Husband
Turning 37 this year.
Also in Singapore, Used to work as a Graphic Designer, currently self-studying UX Design, Web Development, and 3D Design.
NOC : 5241

1 son (1 year old).
Wife is currently 3 months pregnant.

And here are some of our questions:

1. What is the best NOC for my wife that will award better points on our application?
2. Do I still need to take an IELTS exam?
3. Since ECA is not required for the spouse, would it add points to the application if spouse gets an ECA?
4. Will our age have great impact on our application?
5. Wife is pregnant, should we add another person to the application?
6. Is the validity of IELTS for CANADA EE good for 1 year?

I sort of have an idea about the last two questions, but I am interested in hearing your points of view.

Thank you and good luck to us all!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
suede said:
Hello guys,

I would like to thank @rajkamalmohanram for starting this thread, a real big help! I would also like to thank @TanakaM that has been answering my last two questions. So here are a few details about us:

Wife (Main Applicant)
Turning 36 this year.
Working in Singapore as Senior Interior Designer/Head of Operations.
NOC : ?

Husband
Turning 37 this year.
Also in Singapore, Used to work as a Graphic Designer, currently self-studying UX Design, Web Development, and 3D Design.
NOC : 5241

1 son (1 year old).
Wife is currently 3 months pregnant.

And here are some of our questions:

1. What is the best NOC for my wife that will award better points on our application?
2. Do I still need to take an IELTS exam?
3. Since ECA is not required for the spouse, would it add points to the application if spouse gets an ECA?
4. Will our age have great impact on our application?
5. Wife is pregnant, should we add another person to the application?
6. Is the validity of IELTS for CANADA EE good for 1 year?

I sort of have an idea about the last two questions, but I am interested in hearing your points of view.

Thank you and good luck to us all!
I might as well answer a 3rd 1.lol

1) she is the best person to pick an NOC as it is based on her duties not job title.
2) not compulsory but it will add to your points.
3) For you to claim points for education an ECA is mandatory.
4) Only your wife's age is important. Won't get the most points for age but if other factors are good then it won't make much of a difference.
5) Might as well as CIC will need you to do so once the baby is born.
6) IELTS results are valid for 2 years.

All the best.

leo83

May 7, 2016
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
I always had this dream to go and live to Canada (but for the moment look like this is going to be only dream) because when I check my eligibility by doing this CIC quiz
it's negative i don't know why?

Age 33 years old
I'm married (she is 23 years old)
My Education Credential is only College (Italian professional college)
16 years work experience (even the last two years at UK, in this way should be English professional and working outside country)
I can get IELT test because I live to UK and something which can be easy
I think my job it's request over there like any where else (I checked for that I'm sure)
Which I'm going to ask please can someone tell me why is negative my eligibility??
And if I have some chance to go in Canada??

Many Thanks

sanha#1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Experts,

I and my wife will be Landing in Toronto on 19th of April 2017.I will stay there 19th April onwards, However my wife will return back to home country after completing landing formalities on 24th April 2017.She will serve her notice period of two months in home country and travel back to Toronto in the month of june.

By this time her PR card would not be generated in canada, so how will she re enter toronto in the month of June for good?

what are our options?

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
leo83 said:
hi all
I always had this dream to go and live to Canada (but for the moment look like this is going to be only dream) because when I check my eligibility by doing this CIC quiz
it's negative i don't know why?

Age 33 years old
I'm married (she is 23 years old)
My Education Credential is only College (Italian professional college)
16 years work experience (even the last two years at UK, in this way should be English professional and working outside country)
I can get IELT test because I live to UK and something which can be easy
I think my job it's request over there like any where else (I checked for that I'm sure)
Which I'm going to ask please can someone tell me why is negative my eligibility??
And if I have some chance to go in Canada??

Many Thanks
You could try putting in all 9s for the ielts score and see if you get a passing score.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Sorry for asking again.

I have got my ITA,but as I have not prepared all of my documents so I have not started "continue with my application".

These are my issues:

1.Also I have cashed out "BOND" and had a Fixed Deposit done under my name but it was made on April,will it be a problem if I submit the certificate from bank where it is written about FD and amount or do I need to give a LOE for the big amount of money which came after I have liquidated bond which by the way it was gift from my dad?

2.Can someone tell me about the Medicals?How it is done?Do we make an appointment?Do we need some kind of Identification?Do we do it before submitting the application, do we need to upload the results or is it send directly from the Doctors?Can someone share their experience?

3. I have already got one employment certificate from my HR,one payslip and also salary certificate from my Accounts. Just waiting for the Recommendation letter from My Supervisor,Do I need anything else ? I will be showing salary account's statement to show the amounts of last six months.Also in the Recommendation letter do I mention my recent position and department or do I mention from the start because my HR just gave a letter about my recent position but the date he put is when I started.I started as Assistant System Engineer but now I am a System Engineer, I started on 2014 but got promoted on 2015. I am claiming points for the entire duration. Do I mention both positions or just the recent?

Thank you in advance for answering my queries.

Regards
Lifehack

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi All,

I have the same reference letter as described in the cic website. I have working experience of two years in the UK, however I did this work on study visa during my MBA in UK where I was legally allowed to work 20 Hours per week but I was working more than 30 hours per week and it is mentioned on my reference letter as well along with the other details. Can this create a problem for me?. Will the visa officers be checking or asking about my visa status or visa proof for Uk. Please advice whether to include this experience or not.

Anyway I have one year working experience in my current job to qualify for EE profile. My IELTS score is L: 8, R :7 W: 7, S: 7.5 and my age is 29.

Would be grateful for a prompt response.
Thanks in advance

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Lifehack said:
Hi

Sorry for asking again.

I have got my ITA,but as I have not prepared all of my documents so I have not started "continue with my application".

These are my issues:

1.Also I have cashed out "BOND" and had a Fixed Deposit done under my name but it was made on April,will it be a problem if I submit the certificate from bank where it is written about FD and amount or do I need to give a LOE for the big amount of money which came after I have liquidated bond which by the way it was gift from my dad?

2.Can someone tell me about the Medicals?How it is done?Do we make an appointment?Do we need some kind of Identification?Do we do it before submitting the application, do we need to upload the results or is it send directly from the Doctors?Can someone share their experience?

3. I have already got one employment certificate from my HR,one payslip and also salary certificate from my Accounts. Just waiting for the Recommendation letter from My Supervisor,Do I need anything else ? I will be showing salary account's statement to show the amounts of last six months.Also in the Recommendation letter do I mention my recent position and department or do I mention from the start because my HR just gave a letter about my recent position but the date he put is when I started.I started as Assistant System Engineer but now I am a System Engineer, I started on 2014 but got promoted on 2015. I am claiming points for the entire duration. Do I mention both positions or just the recent?

Thank you in advance for answering my queries.

Regards
Lifehack
1.) Better to show the source of funds. If the bonds were on your name, explain in LOE and you should be fine with the FD and letter from bank. If the bonds were on your father's name, get a gift deed.

2.) Look at the Physicians name in your area from below link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Call them and ask for an appointment for Upfront Medicals for Express Entry. They will explain you the whole procedure. You need your original passport and a photocopy. Sometimes, you need 4 passport photos and 3 copies of passport. Depends on the clinic whether they use emedical or not. If they use emedical, they will take your photo there and upload the results online. You will get a receipt for medical with a UMI number, which you need to upload in your eAPR.

3.) Try to get both the positions mentioned in the letter. If not possible, attach your offer letter, appraisal letter, promotion documents as a proof.

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi All,

Posting it 2nd time and Just wondering if someone can answer.

Would be grateful for a prompt response.

I have the same reference letter of my as described in the cic website. I have working experience of two years in the UK, however I did this work on study visa during my MBA in UK where I was legally allowed to work 20 Hours per week but I was working more than 30 hours per week and it is mentioned on my reference letter as well along with the other details. Can this create a problem for me?. Will the visa officers be checking or asking about my visa status or visa proof for Uk. Please advice whether to include this experience or not.

Anyway I have one year working experience in my current job to qualify for EE profile. My IELTS score is L: 8, R :7 W: 7, S: 7.5 and my age is 29.

Thanks in advance

leo83

May 7, 2016
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiron said:
You could try putting in all 9s for the ielts score and see if you get a passing score.
Many Thanks Pal

tusharc

Apr 16, 2017
Hey Guys,

I am new to this site. Great information, great discussions. I have 3 doubts if someone can help me with.
I got an ITA and am filling the online application.

1. In the travel history section, it says to mention travels other than country of origin and residence. I am from India but I have been living in USA from past 5 years. During this period, I have gone back and forth between these 2 countries many times. Do I have to mention all that in travel history?

2. There comes a section where it says to mention any other immediate family members that are not mentioned in the application. (Immediate family members being spouse, parents, siblings). It says to mention them even if they are not accompanying you. I am applying as the Primary Applicant and my wife is the Secondary Applicant in this application. Do I have to mention my spouse again here apart from my parents?

3. In the Education section, it asks you about all the degrees and diplomas you have received and whether you have an ECA if you have not pursued these degrees in Canada. I have a Masters from USA for which I have an ECA done. I have a Bachelors from India. Do I have to get an ECA done for that too? (considering i have an ECA of a higher degree)

Thanks in Advance

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tusharc said:
Hey Guys,

I am new to this site. Great information, great discussions. I have 3 doubts if someone can help me with.
I got an ITA and am filling the online application.

1. In the travel history section, it says to mention travels other than country of origin and residence. I am from India but I have been living in USA from past 5 years. During this period, I have gone back and forth between these 2 countries many times. Do I have to mention all that in travel history?

2. There comes a section where it says to mention any other immediate family members that are not mentioned in the application. (Immediate family members being spouse, parents, siblings). It says to mention them even if they are not accompanying you. I am applying as the Primary Applicant and my wife is the Secondary Applicant in this application. Do I have to mention my spouse again here apart from my parents?

3. In the Education section, it asks you about all the degrees and diplomas you have received and whether you have an ECA if you have not pursued these degrees in Canada. I have a Masters from USA for which I have an ECA done. I have a Bachelors from India. Do I have to get an ECA done for that too? (considering i have an ECA of a higher degree)

Thanks in Advance
if i understood your questions correctly, answer to all 3 questions is NO.

for q 1 - no need to mention travel between residence country and home country. but i would still mention in LOE when you actually moved to residence country.
q 2- you need to mention only your immediate family members like parents and brothers/sisters. kids and spouse i'm assuming you already added them when you made the EE profile.
3 - only highest degree needs to be assessed by ECA

make sure you add the degree certificate, along with ECA report when you upload docs in education placeholder.

good luck

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Currently I am working in canada on Post grad work permit (PGWP) since last 1 year(1700 hours) . My job lies in NOC category "B".
My job is LMIA exempt.
May I know how can I claim 50 additional points in EE.

Please help.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you for your reply,Maverick28.

The issue with the Account which my father has provided me the money is a Joint Account with me. Will it be an issue if I show the statement from that account?Will it be okay if I explain the situation in LOE?

I have done my medicals today.Thank you for the detailed info.

I can put both positions.But I had increment too with my promotion,Should I put all the documents I have since I joined? I have also changed departments,should I put my both department's responsibility together as a summary or separately?

Thank you for answering my queries.

Regards
Lifehack

Maverick28 said:
1.) Better to show the source of funds. If the bonds were on your name, explain in LOE and you should be fine with the FD and letter from bank. If the bonds were on your father's name, get a gift deed.

2.) Look at the Physicians name in your area from below link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Call them and ask for an appointment for Upfront Medicals for Express Entry. They will explain you the whole procedure. You need your original passport and a photocopy. Sometimes, you need 4 passport photos and 3 copies of passport. Depends on the clinic whether they use emedical or not. If they use emedical, they will take your photo there and upload the results online. You will get a receipt for medical with a UMI number, which you need to upload in your eAPR.

3.) Try to get both the positions mentioned in the letter. If not possible, attach your offer letter, appraisal letter, promotion documents as a proof.

zshamim

Feb 7, 2016
Wrong date in Letter Of Explanation

Hi All,
I need guidance on making correction in my submitted PR application.
I am currently working in Canada since 27 th January 2017 ,however in letter of explanation mentioned it as 27th January 2016.
How can i get it corrected or inform CIC about the mistake i made?
I did submit documents to prove my assignment duration and correct dates are mentioned in it.

Any guidance is highly appreciated.