+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys ,

I have received an invitation to apply for PR under PNP. I have something eating me up,they mentioned the below statement.
examples of changes which could result in a lower points score include
"Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking them, the scores are lower."

My IELTS score is about to expire in May 2017 ,but my written score was only 6.5, with the intention to make it better i have retaken IELTS last week and i did very bad in all the sections and would definitely score low in all sections , would that result in lower points score of CIC .Will they now consider my new scores.
What if i don't tell them my new score.

Thanks
Anil Kumar

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil918918 said:
Hello Guys ,

I have received an invitation to apply for PR under PNP. I have something eating me up,they mentioned the below statement.
examples of changes which could result in a lower points score include
"Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking them, the scores are lower."

My IELTS score is about to expire in May 2017 ,but my written score was only 6.5, with the intention to make it better i have retaken IELTS last week and i did very bad in all the sections and would definitely score low in all sections , would that result in lower points score of CIC .Will they now consider my new scores.
What if i don't tell them my new score.

Thanks
Anil Kumar
You can still use the previous IELTS score and it is still valid as long as you submit your eAPR before the test expiry date.

Cheers :)

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea why the cut off points are going high that much?

It is frustrating as they keep changing the rules and on paper it is good for a majority of ppl but when the points come out it is not what everybody expects it.

So frustrated.

Cheers

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Dear friends,

I have been working in Canada, job under NOC-4011 (LMIA-Exempt). 2 years work experience

But now I am getting new job offer under NOC-2133 (positive LMIA). No work experience yet.

My positive LMIA Job offer and previous work experience are different NOCs.
Express entry requirement is minimum 1 year work experience.

Should it be same NOC for +LMIA to get points ?
Can I apply PR Visa with NOC-2133 through express entry ?

Help plzzz.....

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends/Raj
I am applying for spousal open work permit. I am residing at Ontario province. I came to India for a short Christmas vacation (2 weeks).

Can I apply for spousal open work permit outside of Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vd.yazdani said:
Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea why the cut off points are going high that much?

It is frustrating as they keep changing the rules and on paper it is good for a majority of ppl but when the points come out it is not what everybody expects it.

So frustrated.

Cheers
Could be because of the recent changes made to the system (points for Canadian education) AND/OR the number of provincial nominees in the pool.

Rav@1

Sep 11, 2016
Passport Req..
07-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-09-2017
I want to reassess my IELTS speaking score. How long would the process take? As per the website it says 6-8 weeks but I would like to hear from someone who has already been through the process. I scored a 6.5 in speaking and was hoping to score band 7 or more. Other sections being LRW 8 8 and 7.

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Could be because of the recent changes made to the system (points for Canadian education) AND/OR the number of provincial nominees in the pool.
i agree, however dont think there is so many provincial nominees left. last week or two weeks ago almost 550 applicants were selected and it is very unlikely that there are so many of them to vastly affect the cut off points. For me with 456 points there is not much hope with the current trend.
i didnt have any work experience in Canada nor have any degree from it so the recent changes do not affect me. i guess i have to only look into Ontario provincial nominee.

Mayfrias

Nov 21, 2016
Hi! My husband works in the BPO industry for more than 10 years. 7 years of it as Customer Service Representative and 3 years in Financial Banking as Risk Operations Analyst (whuch is his current job). Do you happen to know which NOC is applicable to my husband's job? Thank you

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hey Seniors,

Is there any pattern to BG check by CIC? I see that many get it and many dont. Wondering what makes them do BG checks.

Popra

Dec 17, 2016
Hi every one,

I need help from you guys,actually my husband already filled for express entry as primarily candidate and i am the secondary candidate last year JUL 2015 and this year in JUL 2016 it got expired and agent asked us again huge amount to renew that file again. First of all i would like to know is it true that we have to pay again for renewal our express entry if not can we do it now in DEC 2016??

our total score is not good at all because i am working in travel company from last 5 years in Dubai and my husband working from last 8 yrs in Dubai,So our score is not at par.

then we both decided to visit Canada on tourist visa and find out the possibilities. Then we meet with few agent (in Brampton) maximum of agent want huge amount CAD 40-50K approx but no guarantee for grating visa.

Then we meet one agent he advice us that apply student visa for your wife (2 yrs program) then you will get full time open work permit then you can work here and your wife can study------i mean is it really good option. If yes then on which college should i take admissions must be reasonable and good.

For all the college they required IELTS score or without IELTS i can get admission.I have given General IELTS test but total score 5.5Band only :(

What will be the cost of living there.If my husband will get reasonable job there can we both manage there or not.

actually i have lot of question but i would like to know someone can help me ,i want to come there permanently.

i will wait for positive response.

Thanks

navinvaya

Dec 18, 2016
Your post was very helpful for me to understand the entire process. Thank you.

I am planning to immigrate to Canada. I have a permanent job offer. I have two kids 15 and 20 years old. both are studying. please suggest if my elder son will qualify as dependent and whether he will be eligible for PR with my application.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Popra said:
Hi every one,

I need help from you guys,actually my husband already filled for express entry as primarily candidate and i am the secondary candidate last year JUL 2015 and this year in JUL 2016 it got expired and agent asked us again huge amount to renew that file again. First of all i would like to know is it true that we have to pay again for renewal our express entry if not can we do it now in DEC 2016??

our total score is not good at all because i am working in travel company from last 5 years in Dubai and my husband working from last 8 yrs in Dubai,So our score is not at par.

then we both decided to visit Canada on tourist visa and find out the possibilities. Then we meet with few agent (in Brampton) maximum of agent want huge amount CAD 40-50K approx but no guarantee for grating visa.

Then we meet one agent he advice us that apply student visa for your wife (2 yrs program) then you will get full time open work permit then you can work here and your wife can study------i mean is it really good option. If yes then on which college should i take admissions must be reasonable and good.

For all the college they required IELTS score or without IELTS i can get admission.I have given General IELTS test but total score 5.5Band only :(

What will be the cost of living there.If my husband will get reasonable job there can we both manage there or not.

actually i have lot of question but i would like to know someone can help me ,i want to come there permanently.

i will wait for positive response.

Thanks
If you actually want to live in Canada permanently you need to start doing the research and stop depending on people who only want to scam you.

Read the first page of this thread and learn more about Express Entry.

I will say this though, if the principal applicant of your application is unable to get a decent English score (at least over CLB 7) your application wouldn't be elegible in the first place.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navinvaya said:
Your post was very helpful for me to understand the entire process. Thank you.

I am planning to immigrate to Canada. I have a permanent job offer. I have two kids 15 and 20 years old. both are studying. please suggest if my elder son will qualify as dependent and whether he will be eligible for PR with my application.
Don't quote me on this but I believe you can sponsor dependent children up to the age of 22.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi Experts,

For marital status as married, can I, as an applicant, apply without spouse? And my spouse would apply for spouse sponsored-PR later for some personal reason? if yes, do i need to state any explanation to cic on this?

TIA