+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ndya90 said:
For proof of family residing in Canada, does it have to be a direct blood relation or any extended family member can be approached to provide their documents?
Has to be one of the below -

Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
So I seemed to have made a mistake in my profile and put in details of my uncle who Is not a direct blood relative .
Can I update that in my PR profile now ? Will this affect my ITA status? Will I be taken out of the invitation?

PS- got ITA in the November mid week draw

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Hello Seniors,

I'm new to this forum and very eager to migrate to Canada which has been my childhood dream. I have already applied in express entry and got a CRS of 478, awaiting the ITA notification. I have 3 questions which are bothering me a lot, hope someone can address them:

1) I have recently switched jobs and it won't be possible to ask the current employer for an experience letter in the format required by CIC. The most I can do is ask for a standard experience letter with the designation, date of joining and salary as that format is commonly used for opening bank accounts here in UAE. Would that work?

2) From my first employer also I have a basic experience letter, they rejected my request to give a modified experience letter as it is against their policy. However, from my second employer I managed to get the letter in the required format. So out of the 3 employers, I only have 1 letter in the required format, would it suffice?

3) In the ECA report, there was a spelling mistake in my surname in the transcripts provided by the university. In the transcript it is mentioned "ASNANI" while in the degree certificate it is mentioned as "ASNANIC". Would this be a problem? The details in my MBA documents are accurate though.

Would appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
Baldev

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baldev.asnanie said:
Hello Seniors,

I'm new to this forum and very eager to migrate to Canada which has been my childhood dream. I have already applied in express entry and got a CRS of 478, awaiting the ITA notification. I have 3 questions which are bothering me a lot, hope someone can address them:

1) I have recently switched jobs and it won't be possible to ask the current employer for an experience letter in the format required by CIC. The most I can do is ask for a standard experience letter with the designation, date of joining and salary as that format is commonly used for opening bank accounts here in UAE. Would that work?

2) From my first employer also I have a basic experience letter, they rejected my request to give a modified experience letter as it is against their policy. However, from my second employer I managed to get the letter in the required format. So out of the 3 employers, I only have 1 letter in the required format, would it suffice?

3) In the ECA report, there was a spelling mistake in my surname in the transcripts provided by the university. In the transcript it is mentioned "ASNANI" while in the degree certificate it is mentioned as "ASNANIC". Would this be a problem? The details in my MBA documents are accurate though.

Would appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
Baldev
1 - If you're not claiming points for your current employment do not include it in the work history section. Once you get your ITA add it in the personal history section. You won't be required to provide any proof of employment.

2 - Not sufficient if you're claiming points for the other two jobs. Either get a proper reference letter or ask a former manager/colleague to write a declaration of your duties and responsibilities (and notarize it) as well as getting proof that you tried to get a reference letter following CIC requirements.

3 - Try contacting whoever did your ECA and see if they can fix the typo. If not, then once you receive your ITA include a LOE regarding this typo.

Cheers :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ndya90 said:
So I seemed to have made a mistake in my profile and put in details of my uncle who Is not a direct blood relative .
Can I update that in my PR profile now ? Will this affect my ITA status? Will I be taken out of the invitation?

PS- got ITA in the November mid week draw
If you're applying via FSW make sure you are still above 67 out of the 100 points.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ndya90 said:
How do I check my score for FSW? Adaptability is five points. So minus that from the score I presume ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Add the score if you're above 67 you're good to go. Write a LOE regarding the change and that you made a mistake but still elegible.

Tj kaur123

Oct 18, 2016
I am at last phase and i got my ITA already on 16 november . Moreover,i have everything ready now and i am trying to submit my file online under express entry but i am unable to pay fees because it is saying that online services are down with error message .

Can someone help me :(

THANK YOU

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tj kaur123 said:
I am at last phase and i got my ITA already on 16 november . Moreover,i have everything ready now and i am trying to submit my file online under express entry but i am unable to pay fees because it is saying that online services are down with error message .

Can someone help me :(

THANK YOU
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/did-anyone-successfully-make-a-payment-on-cic-website-today-or-yesterday-t462581.60.html

"Guys, I found the trick.
Go to your personal history part, make click your activities in the past 10 years.
Either modify all your educational activities or delete those rows and submit them again.
The reason is I think for most of us facing this issue was those section had been filled before the system upgraded but after the update, system added more questions on any of the educational activities.

Hopefully everyone should be fine after made changes as what I mentioned above.

Finger crossed."

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
DelPiero07 said:
1 - If you're not claiming points for your current employment do not include it in the work history section. Once you get your ITA add it in the personal history section. You won't be required to provide any proof of employment.

2 - Not sufficient if you're claiming points for the other two jobs. Either get a proper reference letter or ask a former manager/colleague to write a declaration of your duties and responsibilities (and notarize it) as well as getting proof that you tried to get a reference letter following CIC requirements.

3 - Try contacting whoever did your ECA and see if they can fix the typo. If not, then once you receive your ITA include a LOE regarding this typo.

Cheers :)
Thanks for your guidance DelPiero07. I feel much relieved now, God bless you

SUNNY0727

Dec 9, 2016
Hello Guys,

Need help in filling EE form where they ask "Have you been denied entry.................." .

I applied for study visa in NEW ZEALAND and got rejection/refusal this year in august.

Shall I Answer YES or NO for the above question in EE ??

Very confused on this and searched web for that but still not sure about answer.

Will be great help if someone can elaborate on this.

Thanks

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Forgot to mention US visitor visa refusal for spouse on schdule A request for EE and submitted few weeks ago. Just realize yesterday that my spouse has US visitor visa refusal too. Is there any way to correct this? There was no refusal stamp on passport so forget to mention this. Although mentioned both refusal for Canada. I hope it won't be a problem.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nilkanth Lucky said:
Forgot to mention US visitor visa refusal for spouse on schdule A request for EE and submitted few weeks ago. Just realize yesterday that my spouse has US visitor visa refusal too. Is there any way to correct this? There was no refusal stamp on passport so forget to mention this. Although mentioned both refusal for Canada. I hope it won't be a problem.
You can send a CSE to update your file: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
DelPiero07 said:
You can send a CSE to update your file: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks. Do I need to upload Schedule A there or just explanation letter?

AmBlerie

Nov 29, 2016
Quick question,

I deleted my profile and started a new one and everything seems fine. I registered my job bank and entered my express entry information and got am email saying congratulations your express entry profile has been created and completed. My issue is that when I log into my profile the line that says job bank registration says PENDING ( which means registration is incomplete) it's been 12 hours since I created my profile but it keeps saying pending. Am I doing something wrong?