+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

sanket4444

Nov 15, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need some expert advise with my express entry profile. First of all the following is my work experience:

1.) July 2011 - Aug 2012 - USA software engineer company 1
2.) Aug 2012 - June 2013 - USA software engineer company 2
3.) April 2014 - March 2016 - Business development officer for a chemical company on sales based commission in India (Not an employee here, but earn percentage on sales)

Can you please suggest what to put down on the profile. I think I already qualify for Express entry FSW because of No 1.

What is tricky is No 3. As it is on commission basis with just 1 client, will it be called self-employed? If yes that under what NOC to apply for it? And is it the case that such work experience will not count at all for express entry?

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi guys,

One more question: do you think the cut-off might get lower? I'm getting 476 right now. If i retake IELTS, i will be at 515. I'm not sure if i should retake IELTS or just wait a month and see what happens to the cut-off?

Thoughts?

lovedeeep

Apr 21, 2016
I think cut offs will go higher as people who have Canadian degrees have got more points, we shall see increase in the cut off for next few draws atleast.

Ishmael88

Nov 23, 2016
Happy Friday folks,

I just deleted my EE profile and was able to create a new one following instructions in the forum. However, my CRS - Canadian education is still 0 despite the fact that I have listed my Master's degree from uOttawa in the application. Any clue what could have possibly gone wrong?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ishmael88 said:
Happy Friday folks,

I just deleted my EE profile and was able to create a new one following instructions in the forum. However, my CRS - Canadian education is still 0 despite the fact that I have listed my Master's degree from uOttawa in the application. Any clue what could have possibly gone wrong?
Check if you answered the new questions correctly. A lot of people have been making mistakes in answering those questions.

Cheers ;)

Ishmael88

Nov 23, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Check if you answered the new questions correctly. A lot of people have been making mistakes in answering those questions.

Cheers ;)
Thanks Sir;

I think I found the trouble maker! the stupid question of "if half my study was in English or French" is too perplexing! the score has yet to get updated tho. Checking the related queries here, I should probably wait for a day or so to see my score updated. Otherwise, shall delete and recreate it again ;D ;D !?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
asd1985 said:
Hi guys,

One more question: do you think the cut-off might get lower? I'm getting 476 right now. If i retake IELTS, i will be at 515. I'm not sure if i should retake IELTS or just wait a month and see what happens to the cut-off?

Thoughts?
With that score, you probably will get ITA for sure with next draw so cheers.

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Got these answered by friend. Thought I will provide answers for reference to others...
uzumaki said:
I am part of OINP & I just received an additional documents request to submit my bank statement prior to submitting application to Ontario and recent 6 months bank statements.

I had submitted Fixed Deposit statement along with my application.
1. Now is it mandatory to submit my bank statement or should I simply provide another letter from Bank related to FD to prove that it's still intact & Affidavit from dad (as I didn't submit it initially)!

They are asking to check if you borrowed the funds you have shown. You can submit the statements as requested and provide a gift deed + affidavit from your father. Providing proof of debit from your father's account (photocopy of check, statement showing debit from your father's account etc) would make your case more solid.

2. Why are they asking recent bank statements when the amount is shown as Fixed Deposit?

Just submit updated bank letter and FD advise. However, if there are no substantially large transactions in the past 6 months, then you can submit the statements as well. This shouldn't be an issue if your FD is still intact.

3. How do I prove that Fixed deposit is "unencumbered and readily transferable in a convertible currency" ?

You can ask the bank to mention that the funds can be cashed anytime.

I am just biting my nails here. Any suggestions on this ?

shiva630

Aug 14, 2016
Hello every one,

As we know that, new rules are out on November 19. I haven't got any score update in EE profile for studies in Canada. Is there any timeline for that? or Are they going to increase soon ? or Do we need to delete the old profile and recreate the new one ? If any one has an idea bout it, please help me out with this one.....

Thanks for your suggestion in advance... waiting for your reply... :'(

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shiva630 said:
Hello every one,

As we know that, new rules are out on November 19. I haven't got any score update in EE profile for studies in Canada. Is there any timeline for that? or Are they going to increase soon ? or Do we need to delete the old profile and recreate the new one ? If any one has an idea bout it, please help me out with this one.....

Thanks for your suggestion in advance... waiting for your reply... :'(
You need to update your profile by answering the new questions in the education section.

Cheers ;)

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
omar_ahmed21 said:
Lucky you. 476 is enough to get you the ITA ;)
Whoa! I'm glad to hear that! Gonna update my file this weekend and hope for the best! :p

Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions and cleared my doubts. I'll keep you guys updated. oh and i'm also +1ing all of you. :-*

Bavana

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Can I write the average annual salary in my experience letter instead of writing in detail how much I earned each year separately?

Is the word average ok?

Also, I have three bank accounts in canada but only one of them has the savings for the proof of fund should i make bank letters from the three or one is enough?