+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

sanket4444

Nov 15, 2016
Work experience query

Hello Everyone,

I need some expert advise with my express entry profile. First of all the following is my work experience:

1.) July 2011 - Aug 2012 - USA software engineer company 1
2.) Aug 2012 - June 2013 - USA software engineer company 2
3.) April 2014 - March 2016 - Business development officer for a chemical company on sales based commission in India (Not an employee here, but earn percentage on sales)

Can you please suggest what to put down on the profile. I think I already qualify for Express entry FSW because of No 1.

What is tricky is No 3. As it is on commission basis with just 1 client, will it be called self-employed? If yes that under what NOC to apply for it? And is it the case that such work experience will not count at all for express entry?

Thanks in advance. I have gained tremendous info about most things by reading through this forum. I am very grateful to the contributors Smiley

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Hey guys,

This is a slightly off topic. Please, if anyone can shed some light on this.

So, once you've landed in Canada on a PR. To my understanding, you have to work-to-survive; but, other than that, can you get admission in a University and pursue your Ph.D? Would having a PR make any difference in the admission process?

Anybody who has done this, and can help answer my question.

Thanking in anticipation.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Escobar Gaviria said:
Hey guys,

This is a slightly off topic. Please, if anyone can shed some light on this.

So, once you've landed in Canada on a PR. To my understanding, you have to work-to-survive; but, other than that, can you get admission in a University and pursue your Ph.D? Would having a PR make any difference in the admission process?

Anybody who has done this, and can help answer my question.

Thanking in anticipation.
You can get admission as long as you meet eligibility criteria of that University or Institute. PR does not make any difference in admission process but it does in University course fees. As there are different fee structure for International Students and PR Or Citizens.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
dh5689 said:
You can get admission as long as you meet eligibility criteria of that University or Institute. PR does not make any difference in admission process but it does in University course fees. As there are different fee structure for International Students and PR Or Citizens.
Thanks a lot.

Ishmael88

Nov 23, 2016
Hey folks;

I have two questions regarding the Express Entry profile and I wonder if you could help me:

1) I updated my account in the last couple of months and just noticed that none of the information has been submitted yet. It says "updated not submitted" and dhe last submission time is June 21st 2016; now I'm afraid that my updated profile is not synchronized with their version of my account! I guess the main reason should be the fact that there was no SUBMIT button!!!! I sent them an email and am waiting for their response (NOT SURE FOR HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT THO!). Is there any direct phone number to discuss this technical difficulty, and how helpful it would be!?

2) Talking it out with some friends, they suggested me to withdraw my EE account and re-create it again(MAINLY due to the new changes in PNP system). I decided to do so, yet I got the following WARNING which freaked me out:

" Warning! If you click "Continue" you will withdraw your profile from the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will no longer be eligible to be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada as a skilled immigrant. "

Now, should I ignore this message, press continue and withdraw my account or I need to obtain a green light from cic(IF IT EXISTS) before doing so!?

Cheers

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ishmael88 said:
Hey folks;

I have two questions regarding the Express Entry profile and I wonder if you could help me:

1) I updated my account in the last couple of months and just noticed that none of the information has been submitted yet. It says "updated not submitted" and dhe last submission time is June 21st 2016; now I'm afraid that my updated profile is not synchronized with their version of my account! I guess the main reason should be the fact that there was no SUBMIT button!!!! I sent them an email and am waiting for their response (NOT SURE FOR HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT THO!). Is there any direct phone number to discuss this technical difficulty, and how helpful it would be!?

2) Talking it out with some friends, they suggested me to withdraw my EE account and re-create it again(MAINLY due to the new changes in PNP system). I decided to do so, yet I got the following WARNING which freaked me out:

" Warning! If you click "Continue" you will withdraw your profile from the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will no longer be eligible to be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada as a skilled immigrant. "

Now, should I ignore this message, press continue and withdraw my account or I need to obtain a green light from cic(IF IT EXISTS) before doing so!?

Cheers
No need for you to freak out, in order to create a new EE profile you have to withdraw the other one, ignore the message and create a new profile.

Cheers ;)

SUPERMOON

Nov 16, 2016
@Rajkamal

Your post is highly valuable.

I have a question;

I am physiotherapist, I got my WES ECA report last week. Before starting ECA, my perception was my degree is ENTRY TO PRACTICE PROFESSIONAL DEGREE just like medicine, but on further reading CIC website I came to know that it may not be (i wish i am wrong), though WES referred my 5yrs degree equavalent to FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE IN PHYSIOTHERAPY.

I am working on creating EE at the moment, If I mention my degree as a bacholars only, my EE points will drop from 470+ to 430+

Please help me deciding wether my degree is professional or a bacholars in CIC categorization.

Waiting for your reply

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi Raj,

I have below queries, for which I require your guidance.

Ques 1: I have received nomination on 29-sept-16 and have completed Medicals on 9-Nov-16 and need to pay $2230/- as PR fees (Primary Applicant + 2) ? Can I pay the same from Debit card instead of Credit Card?

Ques 2: I am trying to pay the fees, but there is technical error "Our Site is Down" from last 3 days? I have raised technical query, and yet to receive the reply from MY CIC? Is anyone else facing problem to pay PR + RPRF Fees through MY CIC? Once I click on "Transmit & Pay Button", error occurs. I have called CIC however they are saying that the website is working fine. Is there any other way in which I can make payment or contact technical Team.

sanket4444

Nov 15, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need some expert advise with my express entry profile. First of all the following is my work experience:

1.) July 2011 - Aug 2012 - USA software engineer company 1
2.) Aug 2012 - June 2013 - USA software engineer company 2
3.) April 2014 - March 2016 - Business development officer for a chemical company on sales based commission in India (Not an employee here, but earn percentage on sales)

Can you please suggest what to put down on the profile. I think I already qualify for Express entry FSW because of No 1.

What is tricky is No 3. As it is on commission basis with just 1 client, will it be called self-employed? If yes that under what NOC to apply for it? And is it the case that such work experience will not count at all for express entry?

Thanks in advance. I have gained tremendous info about most things by reading through this forum. I am very grateful to the contributors

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Hi

I made a new express entry profile and also registered with job bank and its active in job bank but in my express entry profile it is shown job bank registration pending and application : not open showing pending so i deleted that profile and made a new one still pending? what the heck? Please tell me how many days it will take by cic to make it show accepted or open.

Thanks

milroy4u

Aug 27, 2016
What does WES evaluate BHMS ( Bachelor's of homeopathic medicine and surgery) as.
I ll be doing my ECA through WES.
Plz revert...

lovedeeep

Apr 21, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I got the invite on Oct 19th and submitted my profile on Nov 1, my profile shows as cancelled because it is incomplete from Monday, 21st November, but I have not received any explanation, has it happened to anyone else. Could it be a mistake while new rules were being applied in the system which rejected my application. I contacted CIC and they have raised a case specific inquiry but it might take a month to resolve it. Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.