+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

kbalaji83

Sep 25, 2016
DiNaV said:
You appeared for IELTS TWICE and you didnt know that for immigration you need "General" IELTS score?? :eek:
So its true? Only general is accepted? In my defense, I was under the impression that since academic was tougher than general, academic would be accepted anywhere whereas a general score would not be where academic is required. For the first test I was more disappointed by not getting enough score that I didnt check anything else.

No excuse for my stupidity, I know.(cant find the emoticon for bashing head on wall x3).

Can you please confirm, only General is accepted?

kbalaji83

Sep 25, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Man, this is very bad. Your IELTS: Academic scores are useless for PR application. It has to be IELTS: General.
Damn. Wasted time and money. Thank you for the confirmation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kbalaji83 said:
Damn. Wasted time and money. Thank you for the confirmation.
You might want to browse some resources before making decisions henceforth.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

Good luck. If you have questions, feel free to post them.

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
My clinic that I worked at three years back changed its name . How do I get the reference letter considering I've typed their previous name in the profile ?

cheeta37

May 11, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD → CHC LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2009
AOR Received.
05-08-2009
File Transfer...
Islamabad 05-08-2009 → London 30-06-2010 → Rejected 01-06-2012
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, what is of utmost importance here is that your roles and responsibilities should match those outlined in the NOC - The designation need not "match" per say. As long as your roles match the ones listed in the NOC, you are good to go.

I do see these titles there -

manager – marketing services
manager, agency marketing department
manager, marketing
manager, sales and marketing
marketing director
marketing division director, sales agency
marketing executive
marketing manager
marketing manager – online marketing
sales agency marketing division director
sales and marketing manage

I can see that the title of "marketing co-ordinator" falls under 1123 and the following are the roles outlined in this NOC.

Check if this suits you better.
Thanks Raj for such a comprehensive forum for newcomers,
In my case, I applied in 2009 and unfortunately got rejected in 2012, reasons stated in rejection letter was duties mismatch with my NOC, but when i go for CAIPS i found a different story there, I found What CIC states in refusal letters is not the whole story.
In Comments area of CAIPS I found that Visa officer, trying to match my salary with my stated designation, (Salary 35,000/-PKR for Finance Manager) and comment that duties mentioned in refrence letter are correct and match with stated NOC but considering this salary level it seems applicant is not a finance manager and he may be a clerk and I am not satisfied with it and rejecting the case.

I am Planning to apply now again in January 2017, During last few years I have completed my Mphil degree in Finance, My spouse Completed 2nd Masters degree and all other factors also improved except Age.

My question is, currently i am again working as a Finance Manager in a different organization. My current organization is adopting policy of salary disbursements in Cash. I do not have any salary bank account details and also not having Tax return records, I have detailed reference letters as well as salary slips of my office. Is it enough to explain my experience factor?

Regards,

Cheeta

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A strange thing is happening in new CRS TOOL which I am not able to understand. Pls help !!!

CRS tool now asks if my IELTS score is less than 2 years old ? If I put yes, it says you are not eligible. If i put NO, then it continous and asks me further for my marks. Isnt it wrong ???

I gave exam on 29th Oct,2016 and as per rule CIC rule, My score is currently valid.

Can someone explain why tool says NOT ELLIGIBLE when i put "YES" in the question.
Shouldn't the answer to the question be "YES" as per my date of exam ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cpsingh said:
A strange thing is happening in new CRS TOOL which I am not able to understand. Pls help !!!

CRS tool now asks if my IELTS score is less than 2 years old ? If I put yes, it says you are not eligible. If i put NO, then it continous and asks me further for my marks. Isnt it wrong ???

I gave exam on 29th Oct,2016 and as per rule CIC rule, My score is currently valid.

Can someone explain why tool says NOT ELLIGIBLE when i put "YES" in the question.
Shouldn't the answer to the question be "YES" as per my date of exam ?
This appears to be a technical issue.

I guess you can report it here -->

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=3

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Experts,

I need one favour.

NOC 2171 roles & responsibilites

Job 1

•Identified requirements and established personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
•Arranged project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
•Programmed the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
•Developed and maintained applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
•Confirmed program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
•Maintained computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.

Job 2

·Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, analyze business needs, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions.
·Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps the program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
·Create documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
·Prepare manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
·Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products.
·Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems.
·Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
·Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.
· Provide technical assistance to program users.

CAN YOU CHECK THESE AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE MATCHING TO MY NOC OR SHOULD I ADD/REMOVE SOME POINTS? Are these correct? It seems like they didnt consider my Job 1 responsibilities matching to NOC 2171. So now that I have to reapply in next intake, I want to make sure that I put in correct responsibilities that would match the NOC 2171. Please help and guide.

Thanks.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Guys! One help.

I have just submitted my EE profile and received 50 points for work exp ( full points with CLB9).
My work exp details :-

1. May 13 to Aug 15
2. Nov 15 to May 16
3. Sept 16 - current job.

I was wondering how did I get 50 points, despite not completing exact 3 years.
Could any of you review and suggest on this plz.

Thanks
Narinder

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Dear Experts,

Need Help in writing letter of Explanation.

I have worked in UAE from Dec 2010 to Dec 2012. But during this time, after every 2 or 3 months, I visited my home country for some weeks. My UAE PCC do not mention any time or duration of stay. While getting PCC from my home country, When I told them to include all those stays (ranging from 2 weeks to 6 weeks - total around 5,6 months) in the PCC, they said that since these are a lot of entries and they can not mention these many on the PCC, So they included whole this time (Dec 2010 to Dec 2012) in the PCC.
Now I am a bit worried and want to write a Letter of Explanation to CIC regarding the PCC and why I included these 2 years in the home country PCC.
But I am not able to find proper words.
I will be really thankful to you if you will help me in this regard.

Thanks

kamyab164

Sep 12, 2016
Hi all,

I am a little bit confused. I am working in Canada on the open work permit for more than a year. I got a full-time permanent job offer recently, from my employer(noc A,Without LMIA). Can I get the 50 point in EE?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamyab164 said:
Hi all,

I am a little bit confused. I am working in Canada on the open work permit for more than a year. I got a full-time permanent job offer recently, from my employer(noc A,Without LMIA). Can I get the 50 point in EE?

Thanks
No, you have an open work permit. You do not qualify for those 50 points.

You would need LMIA or a work permit with your employer's name on it.

Cheers ;)

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Hi Raj,

Inquiry Regarding PCC:

I have 2 PCCs. 1 from my home country and other from United Arab Emirates (UAE)
1. From my birth to 2010 - I lived in my home country.
2. From 2010 to 2012 - I lived in UAE. (UAE Pcc does not show any duration of stay)
During these 2 years, I have visited my home country frequently (6 times, total stay around 4 months)
3. From Dec 2012 till date - Home country.

So When I asked my home country Police to include all these 6 entries and exits in the PCC (Because I was in my home country for this period), they said that there PCC format does not allow this many entries. And they mentioned the whole time (even the time I stayed in UAE) in their PCC.

So now I am really worried about this situation. Do you think it can create a problem? Or it is not a big issue?
Plus I am thinking of writing explanation letter regarding the situation. Is it Ok?