App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Anyone has an idea how job exp points are calculated in SINP? its on pure number of years or on number of hours ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Smela said:
Hello Everyone
As per the new updated CRS calculator, there is a question stating:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

I am really confused as it doesn't say if its only foreign experience or as in total work experience(inside Canada+foreign exp)

Earlier It used to be foreign work experience question.
If the question is about Canadian work experience, it will explicitly mention "in Canada" towards the end. I believe the question you have posted is about your foreign work experience.

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If the question is about Canadian work experience, it will explicitly mention "in Canada" towards the end. I believe the question you have posted is about your foreign work experience.
You are right but neither does it mention about foreign experience. It only asks how many years of work experience do u have in a specific noc..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Smela said:
You are right but neither does it mention about foreign experience. It only asks how many years of work experience do u have in a specific noc..
This question came after the question about "work experience in Canada", isn't it? Then this question is about the foreign work experience.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
I have just heard from a contact that work experience is calculated as 32 hours a week for 52 weeks = 1664 hours makes 1 year, is this true? Can anyone throw a light on this if they have knowledge about it.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
I have just heard from a contact that work experience is calculated as 32 hours a week for 52 weeks = 1664 hours makes 1 year, is this true? Can anyone throw a light on this if they have knowledge about it.
The CIC website still defines "full-time" as 30 hours per week.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
istari said:
The CIC website still defines "full-time" as 30 hours per week.
Thanks for confirming.

Does that mean this same rule will apply to SINP job experience criteria too?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DiNaV said:
Thanks for confirming.

Does that mean this same rule will apply to SINP job experience criteria too?
I would think so. Yes. It would definitely be in their application guide. I guess you can take a look at that.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
rajkamalmohanram said:
I would think so. Yes. It would definitely be in their application guide. I guess you can take a look at that.
I checked the guide. It does not state any hours. Hence my confusion. Because if they look purely at number of years then I cannot claim for 4 years. But if their calculation of an "year" is based on hours like CIC then I can claim 4 years of work experience. Therefore, it is very important for me to know this.

Just for your reference below, what is mentioned in the guide:-
The principal applicant’s work experience points are calculated according to documented proof of skilled
work experience (NOC 0, A, B) in the last ten years in an occupation that is in-demand in Saskatchewan
(refer to Appendix A for the list of in-demand occupations). The applicant must show at least one full time
year, or equivalent, of paid work experience in order to be eligible. Documentation must include a letter of
reference from the supervisor or Human Resources officer, for each work experience listed, that is printed on
company letterhead, or the applicant’s official work book or other official government document. A letter of
reference must state the job title, job duties, wage and duration of employment. (Maximum total points = 15)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DiNaV said:
I checked the guide. It does not state any hours. Hence my confusion. Because if they look purely at number of years then I cannot claim for 4 years. But if their calculation of an "year" is based on hours like CIC then I can claim 4 years of work experience. Therefore, it is very important for me to know this.

Just for your reference below, what is mentioned in the guide:-
The principal applicant’s work experience points are calculated according to documented proof of skilled
work experience (NOC 0, A, B) in the last ten years in an occupation that is in-demand in Saskatchewan
(refer to Appendix A for the list of in-demand occupations). The applicant must show at least one full time
year, or equivalent, of paid work experience in order to be eligible. Documentation must include a letter of
reference from the supervisor or Human Resources officer, for each work experience listed, that is printed on
company letterhead, or the applicant’s official work book or other official government document. A letter of
reference must state the job title, job duties, wage and duration of employment. (Maximum total points = 15)
You have misunderstood the requirement. It is NOT based on hours for IRCC either.

See, when they say 12 months, you MUST have 12 months of work experience. The number of hours is for reference only. If you have only, say, 25 hours per week in a full time job, then you are NOT eligible to apply under FSW program. If you have 30 hours per week, you are eligible to apply as you will accumulate 1560 hours in 12 months.

Now, if you work 40 hours per week, you will NOT become eligible sooner. You will still have to complete 12 months to be eligible. You cannot add up extra hours ( over 30 hours) to compensate for the lack of "complete 12 months". On the 40th week, you cannot say you have 1600 hours and hence you have accumulated more than enough hours and hence consider yourself eligible for FSW. You are still not eligible for FSW because it has to be 12 months full-time (you should have worked at least 30 hours per week/you cannot add up the hours to compensate for the "remaining number of weeks"). I hope you understand what I mean.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
rajkamalmohanram said:
I hope you understand what I mean.
yes, thanks a lot for clearing my misunderstanding:).

kbalaji83

Sep 25, 2016
Hello All,
I have written my IELTS a second time to get enough points for express entry. Its only as I'm filling in the application, I'm seeing only the option for IELTS general, not academic. Does this mean my academic is score is useless? Do I have to write again in general?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
kbalaji83 said:
Hello All,
I have written my IELTS a second time to get enough points for express entry. Its only as I'm filling in the application, I'm seeing only the option for IELTS general, not academic. Does this mean my academic is score is useless? Do I have to write again in general?
You appeared for IELTS TWICE and you didnt know that for immigration you need "General" IELTS score?? :eek:

JNAETI29

May 31, 2016
Hello,
Can anyone please help me with the query related to express entry profile application along with spouse. Is it mandatory to provide work experience for spouse also? Does that impact the score? How will it impact if I do not provide any work experience for spouse and only give details for primary applicant?
Please reply on below email id-
jnaeti29@gmail.com

Regards,
Jnaeti

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kbalaji83 said:
Hello All,
Man, this is very bad. Your IELTS: Academic scores are useless for PR application. It has to be IELTS: General.