+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a question regarding my age points in OINP. My scenario is, that presently I have above 400 score. Now If I get the OINP PT notification now, it takes more than a year to process till landing in Canada. So after one year due to my age increase I will lose score for age and go below 400.

No my question is that do they consider the same age and score which was at the point of PT notification throughout that lengthy process and keep it constant or I will have to withdraw, the moment my age increase and score decreases below 400?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DiNaV said:
After my passport is stamped for PR and when I have to fly to Canada....

1) Can I first go to U.S.A. (since i have visitors visa), stay over at my bro's place for couple of weeks and from there fly to Canada?

Yes

2) I will be getting SINP nomination, so is it compulsory that I need to land in Saskatchewan only for visa stamping? Or I can land in Toronto...stay a few days at my relations place and then fly to Regina/Saskatoon?

PR formalities are always completed at the first POE in Canada. You can land in Toronto but if the officer asks for a reason of landing in toronto (being SINP nominee), you might want to have a proper explanation. Having onward travel tickets to Saskatchewan would really help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zaksam777 said:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding my age points in OINP. My scenario is, that presently I have above 400 score. Now If I get the OINP PT notification now, it takes more than a year to process till landing in Canada. So after one year due to my age increase I will lose score for age and go below 400.

No my question is that do they consider the same age and score which was at the point of PT notification throughout that lengthy process and keep it constant or I will have to withdraw, the moment my age increase and score decreases below 400?

Thanks.
Points drop due to age will not affect your application.

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
How do pregnant ladies take medical ?

This activity section is taking forever to fill . What am I supposed to write for the past ten years ? Should it be in chronological order ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ndya90 said:
How do pregnant ladies take medical ?

They can either take X-ray wearing a lead apron (not recommended) OR they can take the other tests, skip Chest X-ray for now and submit the application. The application will be on hold and once the baby is delivered, she can go for the chest X-ray and the doctor will update this in e-medical.

This activity section is taking forever to fill . What am I supposed to write for the past ten years ? Should it be in chronological order ?

Yes, this is an immigration application. They have to know everything about you. What are you supposed to write for the past 10 years - Everything. All periods of work, study, unemployment etc. You have to start from the most recent activity.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi there,

Your opinion required for chances of selection in Express Entry.

Current score: 449/-
Spouse point included: 24 (10 + 14 [IELTS])

3112 General practitioners and family physicians

Birthday Month: May

Thanks

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Points drop due to age will not affect your application.
Im confuses that's why I'm asking. In OINP guide it says:
Express Entry Ranking: All applicants must score a minimum of 400 points
in the Comprehensive Ranking System in IRCC’s Express Entry system. Your
score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residency
processing stage. See Section 7.2 for further information.
7.2 MAINTAINING A MINIMUM CRS SCORE OF 400

You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and
your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.

You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS
score. These include:

 Marriage or common-law relationships;
 Change in English or French language levels following revised testing; and
 Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian
Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the
last three).

It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update your information
in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in your circumstances so that your
CRS score is accurately calculated. If a change in circumstance results in your CRS
score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls
below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee
application. If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been
nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP
of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your
nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your CRS score falls below 400 will
result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by IRCC.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
techLover said:
Hi there,

Your opionion required for chances of selection in Express Entry.

Thanks
The CRS cutoff is predicted to drop in the coming months, but no one knows when or by how much. 449 may be enough, or it may not; no one knows. Sorry.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
techLover said:
Hi there,

Your opionion required for chances of selection in Express Entry.

Thanks
My suggestion would be...apply for a PNP and keep. If you are lucky and CRS drops before you get PNP nomination then great. And if PNP nomination comes before then also great great great :). But keep your options open. Dont just stay there passive in the pool. Try ways to increase your CRS.

Preetinderbedi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Forum Members,

I have a query. If someone receives an ITA and post that the person gets a promotion without any changes in job responsibilities. Now when sending the documents, does that person has to update the EE profile or this would not impact the ITA. Do we need to clarify this in LOE?.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Preetinderbedi said:
Hi Forum Members,

I have a query. If someone receives an ITA and post that the person gets a promotion without any changes in job responsibilities. Now when sending the documents, does that person has to update the EE profile or this would not impact the ITA. Do we need to clarify this in LOE?.
You have to update that when submitting ITA. If you do not have reference letter for this role, then you can mention it under Personal History instead of Work History.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
DiNaV said:
My suggestion would be...apply for a PNP and keep. If you are lucky and CRS drops before you get PNP nomination then great. And if PNP nomination comes before then also great great great :). But keep your options open. Dont just stay there passive in the pool. Try ways to increase your CRS.
Many thanks DiNav for your suggestion. Any guidance/information if you could share with me regarding PNP of ontario...

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
techLover said:
Many thanks DiNav for your suggestion. Any guidance/information if you could share with me regarding PNP of ontario...
I dont have much idea about Ontario PNP (as I have applied for SINP), but you can check out information on their website http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

Or you can converse more about it on a forum of OINP.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
DiNaV said:
I dont have much idea about Ontario PNP (as I have applied for SINP), but you can check out information on their website http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

Or you can converse more about it on a forum of OINP.
Thanks DiNav.