+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dh5689 said:
This question is specially for RAJ and other senior members.

I have few work permit refusal in past and for that reason i need to come back to my home country and its been a year now here in my home country.
now i m ready with my PR application. This time i make my wife as primary applicant. and i m her dependent. There is only one question bother in my mind that those previous refusals, would that make any problem in my future PR application? so worried about this.
Not necessarily. As long as you truthfully declare them, you won't have problems, IMO.

milroy4u

Aug 27, 2016
hey guys need some help.
I am soon going to create express entry profile but my wife does not have passport yet. Can i create my profile without her passport details and add them later when I issue a passport?
kindly reply.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
milroy4u said:
hey guys need some help.
I am soon going to create express entry profile but my wife does not have passport yet. Can i create my profile without her passport details and add them later when I issue a passport?
kindly reply.
Yes, Express entry only need Principal applicant's passport details. However, you must have her passport ready for PR application in case you receive ITA immediately.

milroy4u

Aug 27, 2016
kamy said:
Yes, Express entry only need Principal applicant's passport details. However, you must have her passport ready for PR application in case you receive ITA immediately.

Thanx a lot kamy :)

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
Two queries -
• I received the ITA yesterday . What is the next step to proceed? Where can I find the permanent resident application?
• Where can I find the checklist of documents to be uploaded and where are they supposed to be uploaded ?

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
as per existing express entry 2016(before Nov 19th ), I am currently employed as FTE (going to complete 1 yr in may 2017 ) with open work permit and ielts clb 8. My spouse has 2 yrs of canadian exp and 3 years of foreign experience with closed work permit(intra company transfer).

As per the calculation before new changes are implemented, I will be getting around 460 points on may 2017 with myself as primary applicant. As per new changes for 2017, my husband might get 50 points for his work permit wheres as I will not be getting it .So my questions are
1) Will there by a chance they might take points with 470 as per new changes. ?
2) It looks like anyone with opw and without masters cant get PR even though they have canadian experience ( as per my guess) as others in closed work permit will be getting extra 50 points (which would be of more in number)
3) If I apply for province nomination ontario, can we expect same level of cut off ? I feel they might increase 2016 cut off of 400 as they might get many applications
4) Any suggestions other than my husband being primary applicant? (currently working for ielts clb 9 or 10 )

Thanks in advance. !

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ndya90 said:
Two queries -
• I received the ITA yesterday . What is the next step to proceed? Where can I find the permanent resident application?
• Where can I find the checklist of documents to be uploaded and where are they supposed to be uploaded ?
Check this link for detailed steps http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ndya90 said:
Also, can I change the name of my company I worked for a year in the past after I have received the ITA?
You can, but explain it in the Letter of Explanation why you're doing it now and not before?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kkdreamz said:
as per existing express entry 2016(before Nov 19th ), I am currently employed as FTE (going to complete 1 yr in may 2017 ) with open work permit and ielts clb 8. My spouse has 2 yrs of canadian exp and 3 years of foreign experience with closed work permit(intra company transfer).

As per the calculation before new changes are implemented, I will be getting around 460 points on may 2017 with myself as primary applicant. As per new changes for 2017, my husband might get 50 points for his work permit wheres as I will not be getting it .So my questions are
1) Will there by a chance they might take points with 470 as per new changes. ?

These changes come into effect from November 19. Are you asking if your score for 470 be picked for ITA. If yes, then it depends on the cut-off of the particular draw.

2) It looks like anyone with opw and without masters cant get PR even though they have canadian experience ( as per my guess) as others in closed work permit will be getting extra 50 points (which would be of more in number)

Well, I think its incorrect to think that way. CEC applicants with foreign degrees and a couple years of Canadian + foreign work experience can still be very much eligible to get PR. This change affects people on a positive LMIA who previously had 600 points. Their points might come down by as much as 550 but people without LMIA but on working on a work permit issued through ICT or NAFTA are benefited. Also, remember that applicants with LMIA for certain managerial positions get 200 points.

3) If I apply for province nomination ontario, can we expect same level of cut off ? I feel they might increase 2016 cut off of 400 as they might get many applications

Depends - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg5586469#msg5586469

4) Any suggestions other than my husband being primary applicant? (currently working for ielts clb 9 or 10 )

Getting a CLB-9 in IELTS will do the trick. 470 isn't a bad score and it is definitely a competitive CRS. You can definitely expect ITA with score of 470 IMO.

Thanks in advance. !

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hello Friends

I have one doubt. I got the ITA and I am planning to submit all of my documents and fee early next week. I may need to travel to Canada on Business VISA (B-1) next month for 1 or 2 weeks. Will it be an issue that after submitting I travel to Canada? Do I need to change something?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rahuldokwal said:
Hello Friends

I have one doubt. I got the ITA and I am planning to submit all of my documents and fee early next week. I may need to travel to Canada on Business VISA (B-1) next month for 1 or 2 weeks. Will it be an issue that after submitting I travel to Canada? Do I need to change something?

Thanks
No, travel undertaken post submission will not affect your application.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
After my passport is stamped for PR and when I have to fly to Canada....

1) Can I first go to U.S.A. (since i have visitors visa), stay over at my bro's place for couple of weeks and from there fly to Canada?

2) I will be getting SINP nomination, so is it compulsory that I need to land in Saskatchewan only for visa stamping? Or I can land in Toronto...stay a few days at my relations place and then fly to Regina/Saskatoon?