+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there, I have a question and I really hope someone can help me.
I'm on a work permit that ends on November 23, 2016. I applied for Permanent Residency on May the 6th (submitted all the documents) so the 6 month period ends on November the 6th. I was thinking about applying for extension (the bridging work permit) but I fund that I need AOR and when I log into my CIC account it says "Review of eligibility - Review in Progress (I think it might be because I I had a delay with FBI police check). If by any chance I won't get the decision before November 23rd, can I still stay in the country waiting for the decision??

Thank you

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
Hi there, I have a question and I really hope someone can help me.
I'm on a work permit that ends on November 23, 2016. I applied for Permanent Residency on May the 6th (submitted all the documents) so the 6 month period ends on November the 6th. I was thinking about applying for extension (the bridging work permit) but I fund that I need AOR and when I log into my CIC account it says "Review of eligibility - Review in Progress (I think it might be because I I had a delay with FBI police check). If by any chance I won't get the decision before November 23rd, can I still stay in the country waiting for the decision??

Thank you
No, once your visa finished the best thing is go back to your country and apply from there. Otherwise it will be taken a hell a lot of time you to justify why did you overstay during your last visit when you are reapplying or apply visa to another country. But if you have visa for sometime you can wait till things getting sorted.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Darshana.m said:
No, once your visa finished the best thing is go back to your country and apply from there. Otherwise it will be taken a hell a lot of time you to justify why did you overstay during your last visit when you are reapplying or apply visa to another country. But if you have visa for sometime you can wait till things getting sorted.
you mean apply as re-apply from scratch? what if I apply from extension?

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
you mean apply as re-apply from scratch? what if I apply from extension?
Yes, you can apply for an extension which is perfect and you can wait for sometime to apply PR but I presumed about an incident that you're unable to remain in the country with current status or add any extensions. If you are able to extend the current status and switch to PR later, that will be fine but if you're unable to do so, yes you have to go back and start from the scratch for EE.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi all,

I have done my 10th , +2 , then B.Tech ( 4 years ) from India.

WES evaluated as below:

Major/Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

What should I select for Education ?

None, or less than secondary (high school)
Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.
Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Doctoral level university degree (PhD)

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherti said:
Hi all,

I have done my 10th , +2 , then B.Tech ( 4 years ) from India.

WES evaluated as below:

Major/Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

What should I select for Education ?

None, or less than secondary (high school)
Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.
Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Doctoral level university degree (PhD)

chukka

Oct 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am a B.Tech graduate from India with an experience of 6 years in Energy industry. I submitted my EE profile in August. My score is 438 with CLB9. I have a few queries which I hope you can answer.

1) Are there any other ways to increase my score?

2) Are there any programs which nominate without a job offer?

3) Is there any limit on the number of nominations for a year?

4) How long does it take to get PR after nomination?

5) If the supervisor of previous organisation is not working there, what should I do?

6) Is there any problem if I get the reference letters dated October, but I need to submit them later?

7) Regarding proof of funds: Should I submit a bank statement of some time period or is it enough if I show the said amount in the account at that point of time?

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
chukka said:
Hello everyone,

I am a B.Tech graduate from India with an experience of 6 years in Energy industry. I submitted my EE profile in August. My score is 438 with CLB9. I have a few queries which I hope you can answer.

1) Are there any other ways to increase my score?

Nomination is a very practical option.

2) Are there any programs which nominate without a job offer?

There sure is. Check this -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

3) Is there any limit on the number of nominations for a year?

Yes. Check the province's website from time to time.

4) How long does it take to get PR after nomination?

Typically 6 months. More or less.

5) If the supervisor of previous organisation is not working there, what should I do?

You can either choose to remove the work experience from your profile all together (if you are not claiming points for that occupation) OR you can provide whatever documents you have and get a notarized reference letter from an ex-colleague.)

6) Is there any problem if I get the reference letters dated October, but I need to submit them later?

You need to submit documents only when you are submitting documents to a province and/or when you are submitting your post ITA e-APR. It is always better to submit latest documents.

7) Regarding proof of funds: Should I submit a bank statement of some time period or is it enough if I show the said amount in the account at that point of time?

If you are showing your savings money, typically, 6 months bank statements have to be submitted. This is to prove that you aren't showing borrowed funds. If you can prove that the money is yours, you are good to go.

Thanks in advance.

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends, please one explanation.

I have my last passport in 2010, while my old passport (which has been revoked) I have lost it during my moving to another house.

For the ITA, how to show my travel history for the last 10 years without my old passport?

Thank you in advance my dear friends.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
traveler982 said:
Dear friends, please one explanation.

I have my last passport in 2010, while my old passport (which has been revoked) I have lost it during my moving to another house.

For the ITA, how to show my travel history for the last 10 years without my old passport?

Thank you in advance my dear friends.
If you can't figure out the exact dates, you'll just have to list them as accurately as you can remember.

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If you can't figure out the exact dates, you'll just have to list them as accurately as you can remember.

Although I do not have the passport as proof of the stamps for exit and entry?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
traveler982 said:
Although I do not have the passport as proof of the stamps for exit and entry?
Yes! In your Letter of Explanation mention that you have lost you old passport and the dates are not exact, they are as accurate as you can remember...

EDEN7

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Hello rajkamalmohanram,

I created my Express Entry profile on 8 November 2015 and I received a Notification Of Interest this year, April 2016, from OINP that I accepted. I submitted my application in May 2016 then I had to resubmit it again last September 2016 because the first one was deemed incomplete. I am waiting on the AOR. I heard that my Express Entry profile will expire one year (7 November 2016) after I created it if I do not receive an Invitation To Apply. Now that my application is with OINP, what will be the impact of the expiration, if it does expire, of my Express Entry profile on my PNP application? What advices do you have to offer?

Thank you!

EDEN7

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EDEN7 said:
Hello rajkamalmohanram,

I created my Express Entry profile on 8 November 2015 and I received a Notification Of Interest this year, April 2016, from OINP that I accepted. I submitted my application in May 2016 then I had to resubmit it again last September 2016 because the first one was deemed incomplete. I am waiting on the AOR. I heard that my Express Entry profile will expire one year (7 November 2016) after I created it if I do not receive an Invitation To Apply. Now that my application is with OINP, what will be the impact of the expiration, if it does expire, of my Express Entry profile on my PNP application? What advices do you have to offer?

Thank you!

EDEN7
Create a new EE profile, and let OINP know your new profile number. The nomination will be transferred to the new profile.