+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DRBOSS said:
hello,

can i apply to more than one PNP at a time?
Yes you can apply to any number of provinces as long as the province you are applying does not mention it otherwise. However, please note, if nominated by multiple provinces, you can accept the nomination from only one province.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi
Can anyone tell me the validity of RCMP report.is it valid for 6 months? I am confused because it is not mentioned on the RCMP report

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi
Can anyone tell me the validity of RCMP report.is it valid for 6 months? I am confused because it is not mentioned on the RCMP report
For the purposes of immigration to Canada, all police reports are valid for a period of 1 year, unless the report is from a country that you have not visited since after receiving the report- in that case, the report for that country is indefinitely valid until you return back to that country (when you must have a new one made).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
For the purposes of immigration to Canada, all police reports are valid for a period of 1 year, unless the report is from a country that you have not visited since after receiving the report- in that case, the report for that country is indefinitely valid until you return back to that country (when you must have a new one made).
The validity is 6 months in the eyes of IRCC (and not one year) <<for the current country of residence>>. PCCs are valid indefinitely if issued AFTER the last departure from the country for the countries visited in the past.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
The validity is 6 months in the eyes of IRCC (and not one year) <<for the current country of residence>>. PCCs are valid indefinitely if issued AFTER the last departure from the country for the countries visited in the past.
Thanks for the correction! I was under the impression that PCCs and medical reports had the same validity period

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Re: Express Entry in a nutshell-a query

Dear Raj,
Thanks for your post.
I have a query. I landed here in Canada in July on a work permit after LMIA. When I completed the EE ITA form, after recievng an invitation to apply, I note that in the supporting documents column, I need to sub,it proof of finances ( a letter from my bank suit my accounts for the past six months).
I was under the impression that if one is working in Canada AND has a avalid job offer, then it's not needed to submit proof of funds.
Why is the auto-generated supporting documents column asking me that now?
Could you please clarify? Thanks.

Peegee

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
peegee100 said:
Dear Raj,
Thanks for your post.
I have a query. I landed here in Canada in July on a work permit after LMIA. When I completed the EE ITA form, after recievng an invitation to apply, I note that in the supporting documents column, I need to sub,it proof of finances ( a letter from my bank suit my accounts for the past six months).
I was under the impression that if one is working in Canada AND has a avalid job offer, then it's not needed to submit proof of funds.
Why is the auto-generated supporting documents column asking me that now?
Could you please clarify? Thanks.

Peegee
Please do not change the subject of discussion. Thanks.

If you have an LMIA based job offer, you do not need to show funds. Did you mention the amount of funds in your e-APR? Make it zero and this placeholder will disappear.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Rajkamal and seniors i received my notes on Friday so below is my notes result,
MST minimum requirements-appears met,
Recommend passed Analyst summary A11.2 appears met,
R 10 met
my question is am i passed eligibility?And i didn't see my current security status at the end of pages.
so what is left now to met?
Thanks in advance,
Rabin

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You cannot check R10 completeness here. You can be sure only if you look at the GCMS notes.
Thanks Raj
So, does this mean that my status will not change in front end now until Background check is triggered. Would it be a good time if I request GCMS after 6 weeks of eAPR submission to check R10 and A11.2 progress?

krupashah16

Oct 20, 2014
Hello
Ideally it says express entry processing times for express entry are less than 6 months and the processing times for new pr card is 41 days on cic.gc.ca
My query is that i have sent an application to the cic after receiving an ITA on 22nd september 2016 with the medicals and pcc.
So should i expect copr and pr visa in 41 days or after landing in canada and then the processing time for pr card is 41 days??
Kindly help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
krupashah16 said:
Hello
Ideally it says express entry processing times for express entry are less than 6 months and the processing times for new pr card is 41 days on cic.gc.ca
My query is that i have sent an application to the cic after receiving an ITA on 22nd september 2016 with the medicals and pcc.
So should i expect copr and pr visa in 41 days or after landing in canada and then the processing time for pr card is 41 days??
Kindly help.
Replied to the same question on the other thread.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
RabinJi said:
Hi Rajkamal and seniors i received my notes on Friday so below is my notes result,
R 10 met
my question is am i passed eligibility?And i didn't see my current security status at the end of pages.
Thanks in advance,
Rabin
Hi Rajkamal please reply my question ;D ;D ;D

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
RabinJi said:
R 10 met
Thanks in advance,
Rabin
Eligibility is passed since it says R10 and A11.2 Met. I guess your criminality and security checks might be pending. Good luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
Thanks Raj
So, does this mean that my status will not change in front end now until Background check is triggered. Would it be a good time if I request GCMS after 6 weeks of eAPR submission to check R10 and A11.2 progress?
No. You cannot completely rely on whatever is displayed on the myCIC account. I suggest you to wait for at least 3 + months before ordering notes. No use of ordering notes before that, IMO.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Eligibility is passed since it says R10 and A11.2 Met. I guess your criminality and security checks might be pending. Good luck.
Thanks Rajkamal for your response,one more thing i noticed R 87.2(3) met.what does this mean?
Thanks in advance,
Rabin