+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aspirant2506 said:
Hi Guys,

Got a situation here, need urgent help !!

I have got a PPR yesterday from Delhi Office as I applied from India but currently I am in US for work assignment and don't have plan to go back soon.

Could you please advise what can be done in such situation as sending Passport to India while staying in US is not possible. This process needs to be done in 30 days :(
Raise a CSE and get the VO changed. Good luck.

kbalaji83

Sep 25, 2016
Hello All,
I'm in need of some advice. Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm single, 33 year old with approx 9years of exp in IT industry, with an IELTS score of L9 R9 W6.5 S7. My CRS score is 395 right now.

1. Is there any point at all in applying for express entry with this score?

If I retake IELTS and get a +.5 score in writing, my CRS score goes up to 453. The cutoff in the previous rounds does not really come down to 450's. The most time this happened was last year 2015

2. So again with this score of 453, is it really worth applying?

Kindly advice.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kbalaji83 said:
Hello All,

I'm single, 33 year old with approx 9years of exp in IT industry, with an IELTS score of L9 R9 W6.5 S7. My CRS score is 395 right now.

If I retake IELTS and get a +.5 score in writing, my CRS score goes up to 453. The cutoff in the previous rounds does not really come down to 450's. The most time this happened was last year 2015

Kindly advice.
The CRS cutoff is predicted to go down at the end of the year. No one knows when, or by how much it will drop. So keep an eye on it.

Otherwise, look into PNP.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Hi,
This might sound a very silly question, I'm sorry, but if someone could please guide me.

After meeting the EE requirements and the PNP requirements, the concerned province identifies and nominates eligible candidates right? or do we have to communicate with the Province to show interest to make them nominate us?

Thanks.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronakshah92 said:
Hi,
This might sound a very silly question, I'm sorry, but if someone could please guide me.

After meeting the EE requirements and the PNP requirements, the concerned province identifies and nominates eligible candidates right? or do we have to communicate with the Province to show interest to make them nominate us?

Thanks.
Only Ontario will contact you.
For all other provinces, you have to initiate the process.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Stanlee said:
Mine shows the following

Consent provided

On (DATE) you consented online to using eMedical to process your health examinations where available.
Hey Stanlee
For how long the medical results are valid.
I had my medical on 5th May and the result got uploaded on 15 june . From which date the validity will be counted.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kbalaji83 said:
Hello All,

Kindly advice.
Yes 453 was in 2015 after many high cutoffs, so this is second year of EE, it is expected to come down. Just focus on your IELTS to increase by .5, that is also a different pain though. They deduct .5 in either speaking or writing to keep you attempting again and again. :)

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
Hey Stanlee
For how long the medical results are valid.
I had my medical on 5th May and the result got uploaded on 15 june . From which date the validity will be counted.
IMO,It should be the date when you had the medical done because that date is snapshot of your health.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
kamy said:
IMO,It should be the date when you had the medical done because that date is snapshot of your health.
Ok n for how long it will be valid

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
istari said:
1 year. You must land in Canada within 1 year of the date your medical exam was done.
But ij some cases Visa Officer asks for medical results again??

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Hi,

Query regarding PCC

I have been out of my home country for 2 years (2010-2012). During these 2 years I was working in UAE. So I will get my PCC from UAE.
But there is an issue, during these 2 years I have been to my home country for many times (7,8 times) Indeed after every 2 or 3 months I used to visit my home country for at least 1 month. And I have provided all these travel information in Travel History section.
Time frame is like,
From Nov. 2010 - Feb 2011 - I was in UAE
From Feb. 2011 - March 2011 - I was in My Home Country

Same routine for next 2 years.
Although I will get a PCC for these 2 years from UAE but Should I get PCC from my home country for these 2 years (2010-2012) as well? Because I have been here after every 2 or 3 months for at least 1 complete month.

Thanks

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in various cities from 2003/07 to 2016/05. The submitted Police Certificate only covers from June 2016 to present.

Not sure what to do in this case