+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

tarek_972

May 8, 2012
Dear All

I have some query regarding completing my EE profile.
I have two msc degree. one from bangladesh and another one from UK. as im not not receiving any extra point for two ms, so i have done the ECA for bangladesh msc only. While creating my EE should i give my uk msc degree or not? if not are they gonna think that i m hiding info? even if i give i havent done the eca??? a bit in a confused situation. need expert advice people.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
tarek_972 said:
Dear All

I have some query regarding completing my EE profile.
I have two msc degree. one from bangladesh and another one from UK. as im not not receiving any extra point for two ms, so i have done the ECA for bangladesh msc only. While creating my EE should i give my uk msc degree or not? if not are they gonna think that i m hiding info? even if i give i havent done the eca??? a bit in a confused situation. need expert advice people.
You are correct, you will get points for Masters and having an extra Masters will not add any points. In your Express Entry profile you have the option to mention or skip the Masters that you gained from UK. If you choose to mention it then, you will have to mention that you do not have an ECA for the Masters from UK.

If you are skipping the Masters from UK in your EE profile, post ITA you can mention the Masters from UK under Personal History

tarek_972

May 8, 2012
Stanlee said:
You are correct, you will get points for Masters and having an extra Masters will not add any points. In your Express Entry profile you have the option to mention or skip the Masters that you gained from UK. If you choose to mention it then, you will have to mention that you do not have an ECA for the Masters from UK.

If you are skipping the Masters from UK in your EE profile, post ITA you can mention the Masters from UK under Personal History
Dear stanlee
Thanks for ur support!! Really appreciate that!
I hav another q to ask ??
In education history
Do I need to mention all the info separately ? Like school certificate for 10 yrs higher school for 2 bachelor for 4 and msc for 1? Or just d bachelor and msc

Kumar.Patel

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I have one year experience on NOC 6622; skill type D, and 7 months experience on NOC 0621; skill type O. I am an inland CEC applicant. Is it possible for me to get eligible for express entry? as i have read we require one year of continuous experience in our primary NOC i.e. in my case NOC 0621... Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumar.Patel said:
Hi,

I have one year experience on NOC 6622; skill type D, and 7 months experience on NOC 0621; skill type O. I am an inland CEC applicant. Is it possible for me to get eligible for express entry? as i have read we require one year of continuous experience in our primary NOC i.e. in my case NOC 0621... Thanks
You are not eligible.

You need to have 1 year of full-time experience in an NOC skill type O, A, or B. So you need another 5 months of experience in your primary NOC before you can apply.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
tarek_972 said:
Dear stanlee
Thanks for ur support!! Really appreciate that!
I hav another q to ask ??
In education history
Do I need to mention all the info separately ? Like school certificate for 10 yrs higher school for 2 bachelor for 4 and msc for 1? Or just d bachelor and msc
Bachelors and Masters would be fine.

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) I am not sure why the officer said that but I don't think that is correct. It is one year from the date of the meds. If your PP is expiring in the near future, get it renewed and then send your PP for stamping. When your PP expires, I guess your visa expires too. Not sure if you can get this transferred to a new PP before landing.

2) Your NOC depends upon your roles and responsibilities and not upon your designation. You can send your roles and responsibilities (along with your designation) to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca to know the most appropriate NOC. Also, please make sure that if you are changing something, you must still have 12 months of work experience in the past 10 years to be eligible.
Thank you rajkamalmohanram.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hello seniors,
i have a question to ask.. my Eca report says Bachelors 3 years and now i am trying free equvalency tool on Wes website for my PGDCA[ post grad diploma in computer applications] but tool is still equaveling Bachelors...now should i go ahead for assessment or not??
as i want to increase my education points to two or more diploma,degree or certificate..one important thing here i want to mention is my university is on List of wes univ list and it is regular study...
kindly advise me.. your anwers are much appreciated and im sincerely thankful..

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Hello seniors,
i have a question to ask.. my Eca report says Bachelors 3 years and now i am trying free equvalency tool on Wes website for my PGDCA[ post grad diploma in computer applications] but tool is still equaveling Bachelors...now should i go ahead for assessment or not??
as i want to increase my education points to two or more diploma,degree or certificate..one important thing here i want to mention is my university is on List of wes univ list and it is regular study...
kindly advise me.. your anwers are much appreciated and im sincerely thankful..
IMO, if your Bachelor's is equivalent to a 3 year Bachelor, then I'm guessing that adding a PGD to it would only bump it up to a 4 year Bachelor, which does't affect your points.

Venkata Srikanth

Jul 27, 2016
I have question. pls help me to answer

Receive ITA: Apr 15' 2016
AOR: Jun 25' 2016
Request for Letter: Jun 17'2016
Submitted: Jul 12'2016
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
A background check is needed: In Progress
Final decision: Not Started

Because of my approved is LMIA is expiring Aug 7 2016, is this has any impact to my EE application?

Thanks for your answers.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
quincygold said:
Where do i start from?
First step is to check your eligibility. Use this link to check your eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

If you are eligible initiate IELTS and ECA. Target 8777 in LRWS. IELTS plays a major role in your CRS score. Use this tool to calculate your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Then read through the first two threads on this forum. It has answers to most of your questions.

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
Posting this on a friend's behalf -

He is planning to apply for EE. He is the principal applicant. Does he also need to get his wife's Educational Credential Assessment (WES) done? Is it mandatory?

if not mandatory, would doing that, add points for him?

Cheers!