+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
istari said:
Hiring an immigration agent does not speed up the process. It also does not increase your chances of success.

Your wife is definitely the better choice for PA.
Thanks istari for your inputs.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made my express entry account in december 2015 and my IELTS is going to be expired in August. I know the validation date of EXPRESS ENTRY Account is Complete ONE year. Now I just want to know that when My this account will remain active.

This question arise in my mind because to apply for EE one should have 67 points. I alone make 66 points with 5 years experience at that time and with the help of my spouse IELTS I added 5 points and it became 72 at that time and I became eligible for EE by fulfilling its basic eligibility
My wife's IELTS was expired 15 days ago and As without spouse's IELTS my score is only 66 because to EE is had shown only 5 years experience.

I just want to know that when my account will be expired ?
in August month when my IELTS will expiry or in December month when my 1 years in EE pool will be completed.

I am in confusion because I have an active profile in state nomination program and it will still take around 3 4 months for the nomination to claim 600 points add.

Experienced persons place give your precious piece of advice. I will be so thankful to you

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
I made my express entry account in december 2015 and my IELTS is going to be expired in August. I know the validation date of EXPRESS ENTRY Account is Complete ONE year. Now I just want to know that when My this account will remain active.

This question arise in my mind because to apply for EE one should have 67 points. I alone make 66 points with 5 years experience at that time and with the help of my spouse IELTS I added 5 points and it became 72 at that time and I became eligible for EE by fulfilling its basic eligibility
My wife's IELTS was expired 15 days ago and As without spouse's IELTS my score is only 66 because to EE is had shown only 5 years experience.

I just want to know that when my account will be expired ?
in August month when my IELTS will expiry or in December month when my 1 years in EE pool will be completed.

I am in confusion because I have an active profile in state nomination program and it will still take around 3 4 months for the nomination to claim 600 points add.

Experienced persons place give your precious piece of advice. I will be so thankful to you
I'm not sure I understand you, but I'll try to answer.

If you needed your spouse's IELTS results to reach 67 points, and her IELTS have already expired, your profile should already be ineligible now.

If, since December 2015, you have now reached 6 years of work experience and therefore have 67 points without your spouse's IELTS, your profile will become ineligible when your IELTS expires.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
I'm not sure I understand you, but I'll try to answer.

If you needed your spouse's IELTS results to reach 67 points, and her IELTS have already expired, your profile should already be ineligible now.

If, since December 2015, you have now reached 6 years of work experience and therefore have 67 points without your spouse's IELTS, your profile will become ineligible when your IELTS expires.
I have 6 years experience now and with this I can claim 68 points but I have not updated about this one year experience increase to EE team.
As if I am ineligible now but still I have not gotten any mail from express entry about my status change that I am ineligible now

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
I have 6 years experience now and with this I can claim 68 points but I have not updated about this one year experience increase to EE team.
As if I am ineligible now but still I have not gotten any mail from express entry about my status change that I am ineligible now
EE automatically updates your details. So if you now have 6 years of experience, EE will have automatically updated your profile to show this.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
EE automatically updates your details. So if you now have 6 years of experience, EE will have automatically updated your profile to show this.
yes this may be the reason. thank you so much for this help

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whimsical said:
Thanks a bunch for the prompt reply.

creating 2 profiles is very good suggestion.

I am yet to create an EE profile for real .. so just wondering on the financial implication.

which part of the process of EE will the money come in??
Sorry for the late reply; I missed your post initially.

Fees come in only once you submit your eAPR (when you submit all your documents after receiving ITA). So if you both receive ITA at the same time, you can simply withdraw one profile and you won't have to pay the fee for that profile.

PNP applications have their own fees, which you need to pay when you submit your application (before you receive ITA).

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
istari said:
Sorry for the late reply; I missed your post initially.

Fees come in only once you submit your eAPR (when you submit all your documents after receiving ITA). So if you both receive ITA at the same time, you can simply withdraw one profile and you won't have to pay the fee for that profile.

PNP applications have their own fees, which you need to pay when you submit your application (before you receive ITA).
No Worries.

Thank you for the inputs.

I will go ahead with creating two profiles ..

Let's see who is lucky .. ;D

Thanks again, you been very helpful !!

Ailool

Jan 13, 2016
Hello Dear,

I have done the whole process using PNP , but my file has been rejected due to the expiry of nominee letter from Ontario , I've notified Ontario gov. two weeks ago but they didn't reply yet,
have you faced the same case before and how it is expired while I got the 600 points and ITA and applied directly . do you think can Ontario send me an extension to get again 600 poits ...etc. or I have lost my chance to get it back .

Thank you

ND1129

Aug 1, 2016
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank the initiator of this thread rajkamalmohanram for this excellent piece of work!

I am new to this forum and after reading this thread I thought this would be the best place to start from. I have few questions related to PR, if someone out here can guide me then it will be great!

So here goes,

I am a single primary applicant in EE since March 2016. I am in a long distance relationship since past 3 years and due to some unfortunate circumstances we cannot get married. Hence, I have applied as single applicant only just now. My questions are:-

1) If circumstances favour us and we DO get married before I get my ITA, then what procedure do I need to I follow? Ofcourse I will have to update my martial status in the EE but other than that which are the changes that my application be affected with?

2) Suppose we get married but I still want to go out there alone and later bring my spouse to Canada once I get a job and accommodation, is OK? Or its a bad idea? Taking him along will only be better?

3) If circumstances DONT favour us, and before I get ITA, we are not married, then how can we manage getting married later on? I have to come back to India, get married and then apply spouse sponsorship? Or can I call him to Canada and we get married there?

I would appreciate some sound advice on my queries. Thanks in advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ND1129 said:
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank the initiator of this thread rajkamalmohanram for this excellent piece of work!

I am new to this forum and after reading this thread I thought this would be the best place to start from. I have few questions related to PR, if someone out here can guide me then it will be great!

So here goes,

I am a single primary applicant in EE since March 2016. I am in a long distance relationship since past 3 years and due to some unfortunate circumstances we cannot get married. Hence, I have applied as single applicant only just now. My questions are:-

1) If circumstances favour us and we DO get married before I get my ITA, then what procedure do I need to I follow? Ofcourse I will have to update my martial status in the EE but other than that which are the changes that my application be affected with?
Adding your spouse before ITA is a very simple process; you simply update your EE profile.
Once you do this, though, your points will be based on those of a married person, not a single person. So your points will drop (for example, a Bachelor's degree gets you 120 points when you're single, but only 112 points if you're married).
But you can then claim points for your spouse's education and IELTS, if applicable.

2) Suppose we get married but I still want to go out there alone and later bring my spouse to Canada once I get a job and accommodation, is OK? Or its a bad idea? Taking him along will only be better?
If you apply as a couple, you will have a few months after you receive PR before your spouse has to land. (1 year from the time your medical exams are done, which usually equates to 6+ months after you receive PR.)
If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months.

3) If circumstances DONT favour us, and before I get ITA, we are not married, then how can we manage getting married later on? I have to come back to India, get married and then apply spouse sponsorship? Or can I call him to Canada and we get married there?
As I said before, for your fiancé to get PR, he will either have to apply for EE himself, or you can sponsor him.
It's possible for him to come to Canada on a temporary visa (work or visitor) and you can get married in Canada. But if his temporary visa expires before his sponsorship is complete, he will have to leave and return when he gets PR.
Or you can get married in India.
You cannot sponsor him until you are married.

I would appreciate some sound advice on my queries. Thanks in advance.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

Below is my query. Please respond and help.

I am 31 and married. In CRS tool, when i enter all my details and give an approximate IELTS score since I have yet not appeared for it (and choose Spouse not coming with me), I am getting a score of 458. At the same time if i give my wife's details too (after selecting Spouse coming with you option), we are getting a score of ~430 (with similar IELTS score for her as for me)

Can anyone help with below questions on this

1. If i apply with 'Spouse not coming' option and get PR, how can my spouse permanently join me in Canada and also start working?
2. If i apply with 'Spouse coming with you' option, is there any other benefit which i am missing in the tool scores?

Awaiting your response(s)

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ailool said:
Hello Dear,

I have done the whole process using PNP , but my file has been rejected due to the expiry of nominee letter from Ontario , I've notified Ontario gov. two weeks ago but they didn't reply yet,
have you faced the same case before and how it is expired while I got the 600 points and ITA and applied directly . do you think can Ontario send me an extension to get again 600 poits ...etc. or I have lost my chance to get it back .

Thank you
Could you be a little more clear please?

1) When did you receive your nomination?
2) When did you accept your nomination?
3) When did you receive ITA?
4) When did you submit your PR application?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi Experts,

Below is my query. Please respond and help.

I am 31 and married. In CRS tool, when i enter all my details and give an approximate IELTS score since I have yet not appeared for it (and choose Spouse not coming with me), I am getting a score of 458. At the same time if i give my wife's details too (after selecting Spouse coming with you option), we are getting a score of ~430 (with similar IELTS score for her as for me)

Can anyone help with below questions on this

1. If i apply with 'Spouse not coming' option and get PR, how can my spouse permanently join me in Canada and also start working?
You will need to sponsor her. Apparently this is a very tedious process, and takes 18+ months.

2. If i apply with 'Spouse coming with you' option, is there any other benefit which i am missing in the tool scores?
It's impossible to say without you posting all of your details so that we can check the chart ourselves. But probably not. Including a spouse usually reduces your score by quite a bit.

Awaiting your response(s)

Thanks.

Ailool

Jan 13, 2016
Replying to rajkamalmohanram :

1) When did you receive your nomination? 24 May 2016 ( it was extension as my case rejected before for missing one document )
2) When did you accept your nomination? 31 May 2016
3) When did you receive ITA? 1 June 2016
4) When did you submit your PR application? 12 July 2016
on 19 July has been rejected ( second time )

First time I got Ontario nominee letter on 1st Jan 2016 , it was expired on 27 June 2016

Thanks,