+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Fengl said:
Hey guys,

I have not yet take ielts test, can i create a ee profile without it?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
To create and submit an Express Entry profile, you need to have IELTS Test Report Form and ECA Report.

Srini88

Jan 23, 2016
Hi Guys..I am in a typical situation..i need your valuable suggetions

I started working from jan 5 2015 to till my work permit end date dec 21 2015.my employer applied for LMIA,but we got negative
but i hv a one more pay stub from dec 21 till jan 4 2016.....so that i can complete 1 year full

currently i applied for restoration and waiting for reply from them

i was wondering how to cover those extra days to get full 1 year expereince

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abo0286 said:
Hi

Need some help in filling up my Express Entry profile.

1) Do I need to add secondary/higher school education or only Bachelor's and Master's will do? (Both Bachelor's and Master's been evaluated by WES)
- Bachelors and Masters would do.
2) My NOC code is 0621-(Retail and wholesale trade managers) Where the employment requirements are given below. Shall I give 'date first became qualified to practice in this occupation' when I completed my Higher Secondary Education or when I completed my master's? - On completion of Masters.

Completion of secondary school is required.
A university degree or college diploma in business administration or other field related to the product or service being sold may be required.
Several years of related retail sales experience at increasing levels of responsibility are usually required.

3) I worked in retail since I started my bachelor's in 2010 as a part-timer. And after finishing my Master's on Sep 2014, I started full time managerial position for a different company. So shall I add all my full time and part time experiences or only my full time current position will do? - If the part time experience was gained outside Canada and is minimum 15 hours per week under NOC skill type 0, A or B, then you can claim points for the part time experience

4) Also if I add my part-time work experience, do I have to provide evidence for that even though its not going to gain me extra points as I was on full time study at that time. - If you are going to add part time work experience to claim points, then you will need to provide evidence for the experience.

The part-time work does not fall under NOC 0,A or B. But its retail work so may be necessary for the 3rd requirement of the 'employment requirements' - If it does not fall under NOC skill type 0, A or B, you cannot use it to claim part time experience.

Thanks

hpatel4

Aug 8, 2015
Hello,

I am PNP-CEC Inland applicant (AOR date : Nov 14, 2015). I had post-graduate work permit from Aug 2,2013 till Aug 2, 2014. I started working on Sept 5,2013 till Oct 3,2013 for one employer (1 Month) and from Oct 7, 2013 till Oct 13,2014 for another employer (12 Months). I worked on Implied status from Aug 2, 2014 till Oct 6, 2014. I have confirmed it with CIC and it's also on the CIC website that, work experience during on Implied status is counted for 12 months experience required for CEC.

I received invitation from Ontario under the same category and applied for it & got issued Ontario PNP - Human capital Priorities stream for CEC only. Now, my PR application is under process, just ordered GCMS notes and found out that two different agents has totally opposite views about my CEC eligibility.

Agent 1 : Satisfied with my reference letter and consider i have enough 12 months of experience.
Agent 2 : Not satisfied with my 12 months of experience, as he noted that my post-graduate work permit was expired on Aug 2, 2014 and consider eligible experience of 11 months. So according to him, CEC criteria not met and A11.2 is also not met.

I have talked about this to my immigration lawyer & he raised concerned issue with the proof of Work permit rejection letter that, i was on Implied status. And actually, my total legal work experience is from Sept 5,2013 till Oct 6,2014 (13 Months) (Including post-graduate work permit & Implied status combined).

Can somebody more experienced help and let me know what should i be worried about and is there anything i need to do urgently?

Thanks.

bilal83

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Visa Office......
beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
hi
can i submit my application with ITELS with score less than 6?

pfernandes

Feb 15, 2016
Dear all,

I have worked in 3 companies in India. One job is sufficient to cover the points. My queries are:

1) I have created an Express Entry profile and shown just one job. It meets the points criteria. Do i need to disclose other jobs at this stage?

2) Would I need to disclose the other jobs at a later stage?

3) I may not be able to get letters with roles and responsibilities for all companies? Would appointment letters and relieving letter suffice for those jobs for which I am not claiming points?

4) The jobs have different NOCs. Would this make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Prashant

lilisgb

Apr 17, 2016
I have a question,

I made a refugee claimant in November 2012, and I have not had a hearing yet. It has been almost 4 years and I do not have any notice about when my hearing will be. Is it possible that I can apply to the Express Entry?, I have been working for over 2 years and I have experience.
Is that a possibility? Can I apply to any other?

Please, if someone knows let me know.
Thanks so much

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
pfernandes said:
Dear all,

I have worked in 3 companies in India. One job is sufficient to cover the points. My queries are:

1) I have created an Express Entry profile and shown just one job. It meets the points criteria. Do i need to disclose other jobs at this stage?

No, but once you get your ITA, you are required to list all jobs, including ones you did not claim points for, in your Personal History
2) Would I need to disclose the other jobs at a later stage?

See #1

3) I may not be able to get letters with roles and responsibilities for all companies? Would appointment letters and relieving letter suffice for those jobs for which I am not claiming points?

You would only need such a letter from the company you are claiming points for. Please make sure you get the letter for that company- if you cannot, then your appointment letter, salary slips, and any other documentation from that company should suffice.

4) The jobs have different NOCs. Would this make a difference?

It does not; and you are not claiming points for this other employment anyway, so it's a moot point to begin with

Thanks in advance.

Prashant

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
bilal83 said:
hi
can i submit my application with ITELS with score less than 6?
You are below the minimum band necessary to apply, so no.
Please retake the IELTS- in general for the maximum possible points, you should aim at scores of 8 or above in all bands.

preety1989

Oct 28, 2012
Hello !

I have done Masters in Administrative sciences ( Global Health Administration) from Fairleigh Dickinson University.

I want to apply for Express Entry but I am confused about the stream I should be applying to.

Can anyone please guide me if I should apply under "International Post- Graduate'' option or "International Graduate" option under express entry ?

Please reply with your answer as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.................. :)

ravsun

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hi Rajkamal,

I am from Chandigarh, India. Today, I got message from CIC for RPRF submission. I had submitted my PR application from India only in Nov'15. Now, I am in Shanghai, China on company assignment for few months. How would the process be for me?

International travel after application submission is immaterial. No issues.

1. I guess after submitting RPRF, I will get COPR within a month. Where do I submit my and my family's passports for the same then? In India (how can i do that if i am in China) or In China?

Not necessarily in one month - the processing time differs. You will get a passport request (PPR). You need to submit your passports to NDVO. If you are not available in India at that point in time, you need to raise a CSE and request a change in Visa Office. Mention in then CSE that you are currently in China and your family is in India - request them to change your visa office to Shanghai (since you cannot send passport out of country) and to let your dependents get their stamping in India. This ordeal might delay your visa a little bit.

You can submit the PPs at the nearest VFS office - They will securely transmit the PP to and from the VO. The VO will paste the visa on your PP and send you the COPR.

2. Till when will the Visa be valid? I had my medicals done in Oct'15. What I knew is that once has to enter Canada within 1 year of getting the PR. But recently, I am getting conflicting reports that it has changed now.

You must land before your medicals expire. So, in your case, it would be October 2016. You'll see the date on or before which you have to land in your COPR.

3. I was thinking of entering Canada only after me or my wife getting a job offer as it would be very difficult to manage on our own expenses with our 1.5 yr old daughter.

Please read the above answer. If you don't land by that date, the PR visa stamped on your/your dependents' passport AND the COPR will become void - You'll have to go through the entire process once again to get another visa.

You can consider doing a soft landing - Land in Canada with your dependents, active your PR status, get a SIN number, may be open a bank account and then come back. You can apply for jobs and when you get one, you can land.

Please remember that you need to be physically present in Canada in 2 years out of any 5 year period to retain your PR status.
Thank you so much for replying Rajkamal.

For your answer to my 2nd question, me and my family are in Shanghai only.

I have raised CSE for Address change but did not mention to change my Visa Office to Shanghai. I guess I cannot raise a new CSE now. How to get Visa Office changed?

Also, I checked CIC website. There it is mentioned that Shanghai office does not handle PR applications. They have to be handled by Hongkong SAR office. Though, there is a VFS centre in Shanghai which deals with PRTD etc. I think my case falls under PRTD as my PR application is already submitted through India and as and when PPR comes, I just need to submit my Passport and get PR stamped to travel, right?

I contacted VFS Shanghai as well but did not get a proper reply that they handle such cases. What should I do?

Regarding your reply that I should land before my current medicals expire (Oct'16), can I do like this?
Travel with family to Canada for a week or so (can't travel for longer than that).
Give a relative's address as local address upon landing.
PR card is delivered to my relative's address and he couriers it to me outside Canada.