05-11-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi Rajkamal,

I am from Chandigarh, India. Today, I got message from CIC for RPRF submission. I had submitted my PR application from India only in Nov'15. Now, I am in Shanghai, China on company assignment for few months. How would the process be for me?

1. I guess after submitting RPRF, I will get COPR within a month. Where do I submit my and my family's passports for the same then? In India (how can i do that if i am in China) or In China?
2. Till when will the Visa be valid? I had my medicals done in Oct'15. What I knew is that once has to enter Canada within 1 year of getting the PR. But recently, I am getting conflicting reports that it has changed now.
3. I was thinking of entering Canada only after me or my wife getting a job offer as it would be very difficult to manage on our own expenses with our 1.5 yr old daughter.

Please advise ASAP as I am really worried.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ravsun said:
Hi Rajkamal,

I am from Chandigarh, India. Today, I got message from CIC for RPRF submission. I had submitted my PR application from India only in Nov'15. Now, I am in Shanghai, China on company assignment for few months. How would the process be for me?

International travel after application submission is immaterial. No issues.

1. I guess after submitting RPRF, I will get COPR within a month. Where do I submit my and my family's passports for the same then? In India (how can i do that if i am in China) or In China?

Not necessarily in one month - the processing time differs. You will get a passport request (PPR). You need to submit your passports to NDVO. If you are not available in India at that point in time, you need to raise a CSE and request a change in Visa Office. Mention in then CSE that you are currently in China and your family is in India - request them to change your visa office to Shanghai (since you cannot send passport out of country) and to let your dependents get their stamping in India. This ordeal might delay your visa a little bit.

You can submit the PPs at the nearest VFS office - They will securely transmit the PP to and from the VO. The VO will paste the visa on your PP and send you the COPR.

2. Till when will the Visa be valid? I had my medicals done in Oct'15. What I knew is that once has to enter Canada within 1 year of getting the PR. But recently, I am getting conflicting reports that it has changed now.

You must land before your medicals expire. So, in your case, it would be October 2016. You'll see the date on or before which you have to land in your COPR.

3. I was thinking of entering Canada only after me or my wife getting a job offer as it would be very difficult to manage on our own expenses with our 1.5 yr old daughter.

Please read the above answer. If you don't land by that date, the PR visa stamped on your/your dependents' passport AND the COPR will become void - You'll have to go through the entire process once again to get another visa.

You can consider doing a soft landing - Land in Canada with your dependents, active your PR status, get a SIN number, may be open a bank account and then come back. You can apply for jobs and when you get one, you can land.

Please remember that you need to be physically present in Canada in 2 years out of any 5 year period to retain your PR status.

Please advise ASAP as I am really worried.

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Hi

Need some experts help.

Just got my IELTS result. I got CLB9 overall. Im 24yrs old with masters from UK and over 1yr full time experience in NOC 0621.

My overall CRS is 447.

1. Whats the best option for me to apply?

2. Although Im eligible to apply under Express Entry without claiming score for Adaptability. But my Aunty lives in Canada. Will it make any difference if I claim the points considering I have to arrange extra papers?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abo0286 said:
Hi

Need some experts help.

Just got my IELTS result. I got CLB9 overall. Im 24yrs old with masters from UK and over 1yr full time experience in NOC 0621.

My overall CRS is 447.

Congratulations on getting CLB-9. However, 447 CRS is not enough to secure a direct ITA per current trend.

1. Whats the best option for me to apply?

You can take the PNP route.

PNP = Provincial Nominee Program. If you manage to secure a nomination from a province, you will be awarded with additional 600 points (and consequently, this will guarantee you an ITA in the very next draw).

Check this post ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

There is another route but this is less feasible. If you can secure a job offer backed by a positive LMIA from a Canadian employer, you will be awarded 600 points.

2. Although Im eligible to apply under Express Entry without claiming score for Adaptability. But my Aunty lives in Canada. Will it make any difference if I claim the points considering I have to arrange extra papers?

Having relatives in Canada will not increase your CRS points.

Thanks

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Hi rajkamalmohanram

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am planning for OINP. But bit afraid as they are not sending out PT Notification at the moment. Another question regarding the Adaptability. Is scoring 67 out of 100 is enough? or higher the better?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abo0286 said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am planning for OINP. But bit afraid as they are not sending out PT Notification at the moment. Another question regarding the Adaptability. Is scoring 67 out of 100 is enough? or higher the better?
1) Hang on!! It is likely that OINP will resume sending PTs once the backlog decreases.
2) 67/100 will do fine. This is only to check your eligibility.

ravsun

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks a lot for such quick and detailed reply.

Regarding your answer for landing before my medicals expire, what I knew was that suppose I got medicals done on 31st October 2015 and I get PR on 31st May 2016 then even though my medicals will expire by 31st October 2016, I can get new medicals done and travel to Canada by 31st May 2017 as PR has validity for 1 year.

Please confirm if this has changed and is not the case anymore.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ravsun said:
Thanks a lot for such quick and detailed reply.

Regarding your answer for landing before my medicals expire, what I knew was that suppose I got medicals done on 31st October 2015 and I get PR on 31st May 2016 then even though my medicals will expire by 31st October 2016, I can get new medicals done and travel to Canada by 31st May 2017 as PR has validity for 1 year.

Please confirm if this has changed and is not the case anymore.
Unless you have an extremely compelling reason for not traveling (planning to get a job and then move permanently is NOT at all a compelling reason), do NOT rely on doing re-medicals and entering. If you do this, you are at the mercy of the VO - he can allow/deny based on his discretion.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Raj/All,

A question regarding the transcripts for my educations credentials to be evaluated with WES.

1. I had completed my full time UG of BCA and have procured transcripts from the University. However, my PG is an MBA through distance education mode. Is WES going to consider part time PG courses and provide points for that? Planning to send my transcripts to WES, but just checking here, to not make a mess or a mistake by sending unwanted things.

please help, thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Anishcool said:
Dear Raj/All,

A question regarding the transcripts for my educations credentials to be evaluated with WES.

1. I had completed my full time UG of BCA and have procured transcripts from the University. However, my PG is an MBA through distance education mode. Is WES going to consider part time PG courses and provide points for that? Planning to send my transcripts to WES, but just checking here, to not make a mess or a mistake by sending unwanted things.

please help, thanks
I am not sure about part time PG courses. As per the requirement, you need to get only your highest degree assessed. Having said that it would be better to get your Bachelors and Masters both assessed as WES does not charge by the number of degrees that are assessed. Also you will be better off just in case WES does not treat your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, then you can at least select 'two or more degrees where one is at least 3 years'. This will give you more points that just getting Bachelors assessed.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THanks a lot Stanlee,

WES assessing and recognizing only my bachelors degree, would gain me the highest points for my education under CRS scores?
Does that mean either a person has completed a UG/or a PG, he/she is going to get same number of points for education?

pardon me for too many questions.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Anishcool said:
THanks a lot Stanlee,

WES assessing and recognizing only my bachelors degree, would gain me the highest points for my education under CRS scores?
Does that mean either a person has completed a UG/or a PG, he/she is going to get same number of points for education?

pardon me for too many questions.

Thanks
In Express Entry you get the highest points for Ph.D, followed by Masters, Two or more degrees and then Bachelors. Check this link to see the order and the points associated with each qualification http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1

So, in your case, I would suggest you send both Masters and Bachelors for assessment as WES does not charge by the number of degrees being assessed. If they consider your Masters equivalent to Canada Masters, then you get more points than just getting Bachelors assessed. In case they do no consider your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, but consider it as a diploma and also consider your Bachelors equivalent to Canadian Bachelors, you can claim points under the category 'two or more degrees where one is at least three years'.

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Hi

Need some help in filling up my Express Entry profile.

1) Do I need to add secondary/higher school education or only Bachelor's and Master's will do? (Both Bachelor's and Master's been evaluated by WES)
2) My NOC code is 0621-(Retail and wholesale trade managers) Where the employment requirements are given below. Shall I give 'date first became qualified to practice in this occupation' when I completed my Higher Secondary Education or when I completed my master's?

Completion of secondary school is required.
A university degree or college diploma in business administration or other field related to the product or service being sold may be required.
Several years of related retail sales experience at increasing levels of responsibility are usually required.

3) I worked in retail since I started my bachelor's in 2010 as a part-timer. And after finishing my Master's on Sep 2014, I started full time managerial position for a different company. So shall I add all my full time and part time experiences or only my full time current position will do?

4) Also if I add my part-time work experience, do I have to provide evidence for that even though its not going to gain me extra points as I was on full time study at that time.

The part-time work does not fall under NOC 0,A or B. But its retail work so may be necessary for the 3rd requirement of the 'employment requirements'

Thanks

Fengl

Apr 16, 2016
Hey guys,

I have not yet take ielts test, can i create a ee profile without it?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.