+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Felixzecat said:
hi,

I wanted to know...
1. is it possible for somebody to sponsor you for proofs of funds ?

You can get a "gift" from another person - preferably your parents. You can show these funds towards settlemet funds. The person who gifted these funds should give a declaration that the fund is being given as a gift and they don't expect it back. You also need to submit :

1) A gift deed
2) Proof of debit from the sponsor's account
3) Proof of credit into your account

2.do you need to show your last 6 months of your bank statement ? or the bank has just to say you have no debts or loan etc and you have the money in your account?

You can get a letter from the bank with your name, account number, date of opening and amount of funds. Along with that, you can submit 6 months bank statements. The 6 month rule is only to deter applicants from showing borrowed funds. If you can prove the source of funds or the funds were a gift and you have proper documentation, you are good to go.

anybody plz?

Feb 27, 2016
Hi experts,

I got ITA and I have a couple of questions

1) In the work history section, do I have to split my job based on location? Coz, I worked for 3 years in India and worked for last 2.5 years in US for the same employer. The reference letter from my employer will not have the locations mentioned.

2) For Proof of Funds, I got the letter from my bank mentioning my current balance and past 6 months average balance. Is that enough or do I have to attach my bank statements as well? My statement would have multiple deposits of various amounts from my roommates and friends as I pay for bills and trips that we took together.

3) This may be a dumb question, when I scan the fbi certificate, the hologram is gone(as expected). This pus the digital copy's authenticity in question, is it fine with CIC? or do we need to send the original through mail as well?

Looking forward to your answers. I have only two weeks left to submit the application.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will my application be rejected by OINP. Seniors: Please advise

In my OINP application I filled the following details

Question : Will my application be rejected as I did not enter the bachelors and masters in Personal and Work History

3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only)
Personal and work history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

02/14/2011 02/09/2016 Company A Employed for approx 5 years

09/24/2010 02/11/2011 Company B

02/12/2008 09/20/2010 Company C Worked part time while studying my master degree

6. Education History (Principal Applicant Only)

06/01/2008 06/30/2010 Master Degree

06/01/2005 04/30/2008 Bachelor Degree

Total 10 years 8 months Work and Education History

harrynandra

Apr 25, 2016
i submitted my file on 10 august 2015 under bc pnp ee still does not get any update. still waiting... is there anyone who does not get update ???

A9kurs

Feb 16, 2016
Hi
I want to apply under NOC 2171 category in FSW In Employment Requirement they have written

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

I have Bachelors Technology in Electronics and Communications 4 Years and 3 years Diploma in Computers Engineering

Will they accept it . ???

Please Guide Me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kajayachandran said:
Hi experts,

I got ITA and I have a couple of questions

1) In the work history section, do I have to split my job based on location? Coz, I worked for 3 years in India and worked for last 2.5 years in US for the same employer. The reference letter from my employer will not have the locations mentioned.

Yes - you can do that. One of my friends (sraj07 on the forum) was in a similar situation - split work experience in India and the US. He had 2 entries in the work history section and uploaded the same reference letter in both the placeholders along with a letter of explanation outlining his situation.

2) For Proof of Funds, I got the letter from my bank mentioning my current balance and past 6 months average balance. Is that enough or do I have to attach my bank statements as well? My statement would have multiple deposits of various amounts from my roommates and friends as I pay for bills and trips that we took together.

Suggest you to submit your statements along with the bank letter. Minor deposits will not matter - as long as you have the required balance in the bank and the money is yours (and not borrowed), you are good to go.

3) This may be a dumb question, when I scan the fbi certificate, the hologram is gone(as expected). This pus the digital copy's authenticity in question, is it fine with CIC? or do we need to send the original through mail as well?

Not sure about this - probably someone who has uploaded the FBI certificate can be of assistance. However, IMO, I think this is fine - IRCC can't possibly expect you to have scanned the FBI PCC along with the hologram (if that's not possible using a regular scanner).

Looking forward to your answers. I have only two weeks left to submit the application.
Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Will my application be rejected by OINP. Seniors: Please advise

In my OINP application I filled the following details

Question : Will my application be rejected as I did not enter the bachelors and masters in Personal and Work History

3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only)
Personal and work history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

02/14/2011 02/09/2016 Company A Employed for approx 5 years

09/24/2010 02/11/2011 Company B

02/12/2008 09/20/2010 Company C Worked part time while studying my master degree

6. Education History (Principal Applicant Only)

06/01/2008 06/30/2010 Master Degree

06/01/2005 04/30/2008 Bachelor Degree

Total 10 years 8 months Work and Education History
You need to have at least one year work experience in the past 5 years to be eligible. From what you have posted, you are eligible. Having said that, any work experience while you were a full-time student in Canada will not count. Were you studying (and working) in Canada simultaneously?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A9kurs said:
Hi
I want to apply under NOC 2171 category in FSW In Employment Requirement they have written

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

I have Bachelors Technology in Electronics and Communications 4 Years and 3 years Diploma in Computers Engineering

Will they accept it . ???

Please Guide Me.
You don't have to worry about the employment requirements below the NOC - it doesn't apply (at least for outland applicants).

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Raj

Please advise

1. Yes I have more than 6 years work experience and continuing in one company.
2. I am Indian and my application packet was received on 16 Feb 2016

My question

In Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) section

The

Personal and work history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent is required to be filled.

1. Filled only the work experience which is over 6 years in one company and continuing

2. I should have also filled my bachelor, master degree which would be 10 years complete personal and work history

I correctly filed my education history.

Will this be a reason for rejection of my application from OINP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Thanks Raj

Please advise

1. Yes I have more than 6 years work experience and continuing in one company.
2. I am Indian and my application packet was received on 16 Feb 2016

My question

In Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) section

The

Personal and work history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent is required to be filled.

1. Filled only the work experience which is over 6 years in one company and continuing

2. I should have also filled my bachelor, master degree which would be 10 years complete personal and work history

See, in the OINP application form - under the personal history section, you should have filled all the details from 2006 till 2016 (all periods of study, all periods of employment and all periods of unemployment). If you have done this, you are good to go.

Under the Education history section, it is sufficient if you have filled only the highest degree that you are claiming points for.

Under the work history section, it is sufficient if you have filled in the work experience that you are claiming points for.

If you have done the above, you are good to go!

I correctly filed my education history.

Will this be a reason for rejection of my application from OINP.

Mikoy20

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
09-04-2016
Nomination.....
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
06-05-2016 (ITA)
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
Hello there!

I have a question.

I created my EE profile last year, of June. With my EE profile that I created that time, I just put that my immediate family is not going with me. So in short, I am the only one, supposedly, who will go to Canada.

Just this year, of January, I applied in SINP and luckily, I got nominated just this month. Its just that, with this SINP application where I got my nomination from, my family is included on this application. They are now accompanying me to Canada.

I am in the process of updating my EE profile in CIC and already accepted my nomination from SK. In line with this updating of my profile, of course, I will be changing now the situation, which is my husband and our son will now accompany me to Canada. On their online form, some details of my husband are now being asked like the language and education. Some of the questions there are: (1) if my husband has language assessment - IELTS and (2) is if my husband has an educational assessment, with this, I answered none, since originally, I was the only one, supposedly, who will go to Canada and I was the only one who have my education assessed and took an IELTS exam. Now, will they be allowing my husband to take IELTS and have his education assessed by WES too?

Or the score from my nomination, maybe, will accommodate the score that my husband needs to be eligible for this express entry that is on my application?

Experts, please help. I need you..

:(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mikoy20 said:
Hello there!

I have a question.

I created my EE profile last year, of June. With my EE profile that I created that time, I just put that my immediate family is not going with me. So in short, I am the only one, supposedly, who will go to Canada.

Just this year, of January, I applied in SINP and luckily, I got nominated just this month. Its just that, with this SINP application where I got my nomination from, my family is included on this application. They are now accompanying me to Canada.

I am in the process of updating my EE profile in CIC and already accepted my nomination from SK. In line with this updating of my profile, of course, I will be changing now the situation, which is my husband and our son will now accompany me to Canada. On their online form, some details of my husband are now being asked like the language and education. Some of the questions there are: (1) if my husband has language assessment - IELTS and (2) is if my husband has an educational assessment, with this, I answered none, since originally, I was the only one, supposedly, who will go to Canada and I was the only one who have my education assessed and took an IELTS exam. Now, will they be allowing my husband to take IELTS and have his education assessed by WES too?

Or the score from my nomination, maybe, will accommodate the score that my husband needs to be eligible for this express entry that is on my application?

Experts, please help. I need you..

:(
Language tests and ECA for dependents are optional. You don't have to worry about that. Before you get ITA, update the details of your husband and your child in your EE profile.

Mikoy20

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
09-04-2016
Nomination.....
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
06-05-2016 (ITA)
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Language tests and ECA for dependents are optional. You don't have to worry about that. Before you get ITA, update the details of your husband and your child in your EE profile.
Oh what a relief! Thank you!

About updating the details of my immediate family, I already updated my husbands, however, I tried to check it more than thrice, I did not see any field where I can put the details.of my 3 year old son. The website did not even ask for my son's name. What they asked was how many are we, accompanying or not. So I put 3.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Raj

Please advise

See, in the OINP application form - under the personal history section, you should have filled all the details from 2006 till 2016 (all periods of study, all periods of employment and all periods of unemployment). If you have done this, you are good to go.

(Here I filled only my work experience of 6 years. I should have included my bachelors, masters study) 2006 till 2016

Under the Education history section, it is sufficient if you have filled only the highest degree that you are claiming points for.

Here I filled my study of bachelors and masters

Do you know any such case. In fact if the officer looks carefully it's 10 years plus. Getting worried.

Don't know if this becomes reason for rejection of my application from OINP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Thanks Raj

Please advise

(Here I filled only my work experience of 6 years. I should have included my bachelors, masters study) 2006 till 2016

Here I filled my study of bachelors and masters

Do you know any such case. In fact if the officer looks carefully it's 10 years plus. Getting worried.

Don't know if this becomes reason for rejection of my application from OINP.
In this case, I believe you can send an e-mail to OINP and send this part of the application form.