+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

gaurav minhas

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi,
The roles and responsibilities on reference letter will be given by me to the employer and I can specifically ask him to put that am I ryt?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
The roles and responsibilities on reference letter will be given by me to the employer and I can specifically ask him to put that am I ryt?
Hi,

Yes. If the employer allows this of course.

regards

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hi , Urgent support pls, .... my ECA reports is as bellow...

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor’s Degree (Four years).

Credential Analysis
1. Credential Authentication : Official Transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of commerce
Year: 2004
Awarded Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Secondary School graduation
Length of program: Three years
Major/Specialization: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution.
Credential: Chartered financial analyst
Year: 2011
Admission requirements: Bachelor degree
Length of program: Not Applicable
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (four years).
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

My questions as below,
1) While filling education history in EE profile, How many entries should I add for this ECA report? If I create two entries , one for 3 years and then should I select one for one year or four year?
2) What should I select in level of education and level of education(Canadian equivalency)?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi , Urgent support pls, .... my ECA reports is as bellow...

Credential Analysis
1. Credential Authentication : Official Transcripts were sent directly by the institution

Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

My questions as below,
1) While filling education history in EE profile, How many entries should I add for this ECA report? If I create two entries , one for 3 years and then should I select one for one year or four year?
2) What should I select in level of education and level of education(Canadian equivalency)?
Hi,

I see your dilemma. It's not clear whether they are considering this to be 1 qualification or 2 separate qualifications. I would send them an email seeking clarification before proceeding.

Regards

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hi , Urgent support pls, .... my spouse's ECA reports is as bellow...

Credential Analysis

My questions as below,
She completed BCOM(Regular) and then Diploma in business finance(Distance) and then Distance learning CFA(Chartered Financial analyst). for all these ECA said as I mentioned above. For BCOM, it is okay for 3 years. But for remaining distance learning program , she did study for 4 years(2 years for each).

1) While filling education history in EE profile, How many entries should I add for this ECA report? and what should I select in Level of education(Indian and Canadian equivalency).
2) If one entry for bachelor degree then what should I select in Level of education(Indian and Canadian equivalency). BCOM was from 2001 to 2004 and Diploma from 2007 to 2009 and CFA 2009 to 2011.
3) If two entries(one for 3 years bachelor degree and one for one year program), how should I mention.

neel17

Jan 2, 2018
What does you EE profile say? Which class has it put you in? Like I said before, you do not choose which program you want to apply under. The system does it automatically. Therefore if you qualify under CEC then it should be automatic.

3 - Only the degree certificate is required.

regards
Thanks for your reply.

If i am invited under CEC, my spouse has nothing to do it, still do i have to upload the documents under his education and experience ,because i would like to keep his education and experience in EE.
Appreciate your reply.

roop_d

Apr 29, 2016
Hi,

I have a question regarding this.

I received my ITA and it states you have 90 days to make an application or decline the invitation.
Now, Within those 90 days I started my online application. Once I completed all the forms and reached the page for uploading documents, I uploaded a few and planned to upload the rest later.

Now, when I exit the page it says I have 60 days including today to upload all the documents.
As per my ITA i have less than 60 days left to make an application but the document uploading page says I have 60 days.
Which one do i follow? Am i missing something here?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a question regarding this.

I received my ITA and it states you have 90 days to make an application or decline the invitation.
Now, Within those 90 days I started my online application. Once I completed all the forms and reached the page for uploading documents, I uploaded a few and planned to upload the rest later.

Now, when I exit the page it says I have 60 days including today to upload all the documents.
As per my ITA i have less than 60 days left to make an application but the document uploading page says I have 60 days.
Which one do i follow? Am i missing something here?

Thanks
60 days used to be given in the past (instead of 90 days) to submit the e-APR. It appears IRCC still hasn't updated one of the messages that appear when you exit the page.

Ignore such message and submit your application within 90 days from the date when you received your ITA.

roop_d

Apr 29, 2016
60 days used to be given in the past (instead of 90 days) to submit the e-APR. It appears IRCC still hasn't updated one of the messages that appear when you exit the page.

Ignore such message and submit your application within 90 days from the date when you received your ITA.

Thanks!

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hello All,

I need expert advice here, for education history in EE

Actually, I had submitted following credentials for assessment at that time

1) Transcripts of Bachelor of commerce(Full-time) , 3 Years from 2001 to 2004.

2) Transcripts of Diploma in business finance(Distance learning), 2 years from 2007 to 2009.

3) Designation certificate of Chartered Financial Analyst(Distance learning) , from 2009 to 2011.

As per WES Evaluation, I got evaluated as "Bachelor 4 years", Its really strange that they didn't consider diploma and considered diploma integrated with CFA and gave overall - Bachelor 4 years.

While filling Express entry profile, how should I fill education Information, Here are the options I could think of -

Option 1:
Indian Degree: Bachelors ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
Indian Degree: CFA(4 years duration) .............Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors

Option 2:
Indian Degree: Bachelors ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
this is without CFA entry

Option 3:
Indian Degree: Bachelors CFA(4 years duration) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
This is without my Indian bachelor degree entry. Just CFA entry as highest qualification.

Below is the WES report(for reference)

Credential Analysis

1.Credential: Bachelor of commerce

2.Credential: Chartered financial analyst

---------End of ECA report result-------

fox566

Jan 9, 2018
Hi All ,

I have a one question,

My Open Work Permit is expiring on Feb 18 2018 and I have sent my Passport to Ottawa after an Email of PPR for express entry on dec 27. There is no status change (final decision pending).
As it is already Jan 09th should I renew my OWP or should I wait for the passport to come back.

Last edited:

shahab1

Oct 13, 2014
Mine ECA is about to expire as I had applied in 2013. Do I need to reapply again or the duplicate copy will be acceptable.
Please advise.

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question. However, work history and travel history are two different things.
Under work history, if you have worked for a company from 2011-2014 you just enter it as it is, even if you had international business trips in between.

regards
Thanks for your reply. I am working for company ABC in INdia, and during this tenure, I went to US for business trip (for same company ABC.). My question is , do I need to add the detail for US business trip under work history (pre ITA) ? Or will there be only one row for company ABC for India.?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks for your reply. I am working for company ABC in INdia, and during this tenure, I went to US for business trip (for same company ABC.). My question is , do I need to add the detail for US business trip under work history (pre ITA) ? Or will there be only one row for company ABC for India.?
Hi,

Don't add the business trip. The one row for company ABC is all you need.

regards

Reactions: dimpb11

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Mine ECA is about to expire as I had applied in 2013. Do I need to reapply again or the duplicate copy will be acceptable.
Please advise.
Hi,

If it is yet to expire you can submit it, but if it has expired you will need to reapply.

regards