+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
A quick question, when we create the EE profile there is a question which asks have you applied to IRCC before? I have applied for a Canada visitor visa before(which was approved) and then for an ETA (also approved) . Do I select YES to this question?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A quick question, when we create the EE profile there is a question which asks have you applied to IRCC before? I have applied for a Canada visitor visa before(which was approved) and then for an ETA (also approved) . Do I select YES to this question?
Yes.

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Hi @Zishan1981 this is what I wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:
I visited Dubai between the years xxxx. My combined stay in Dubai was more than six months. I travelled on a visit visa. Now I need to get a Dubai Police Certificate for my immigration application to Canada.
I am a (your country) national and am living in (city) (country). I checked with the UAE embassy in my country and they said that they do not issue a police certificate on a visit visa.
I would be grateful if you could please confirm this. Can I apply for a Dubai Police Certificate if I have a visit visa?
thanks,
Sooo many many thank +2 :)

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
Hello everyone.

Is there a general consensus on doing an upfront medical vs. waiting until after ITA and IRCC instructions?
Provided that you're fairly sure of an ITA in the coming draw AND that the medical is good for an entire year, there shouldn't be any reason to wait, should there?

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Reactions: abzoo17

Ajay1988

Oct 2, 2017
Hi all. Iam the founder director of a private limited company. Is it possible for me to apply for the express entry process. If yes, what all documents should I show as the proof of work experience. How will my profile differ from the other applications. Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

Is there a general consensus on doing an upfront medical vs. waiting until after ITA and IRCC instructions?
Provided that you're fairly sure of an ITA in the coming draw AND that the medical is good for an entire year, there shouldn't be any reason to wait, should there?
IRCC will not issue any instructions, if you're sure an ITA is coming feel free to book your appointment with a clinic.

Reactions: Nobatia

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all. Iam the founder director of a private limited company. Is it possible for me to apply for the express entry process. If yes, what all documents should I show as the proof of work experience. How will my profile differ from the other applications. Thanks in advance.
Here you go -

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Go through that and get back to us if you have any more questions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone.

I have and always would recommend that you do your medical exam as late as possible (A few days before you intend to submit your application). This is because the validity of your PR visa will not go beyond the date of your medical exam. Doing medicals as late as possible would give maximize the time you have between stamping and landing.

Reactions: Nobatia and TanakaM