01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi,

You definitely need UAE PCC. Follow these instructions:

"

If you live outside of the United Arab Emirates: (but have lived in the UAE for more than 6 months)

You may either apply:

1. In person if you are back in the UAE or ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in the UAE, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the police department in your emirate (see Special notes and considerations for complete list)
  2. You can apply at the nearest UAE Embassy
  3. By express mail
You or your representative must bring/send:

• A set of fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in the country where you currently live
  • A copy of your valid passport
  • A copy of your former Emirates ID card
  • A copy of your former residence visa
  • Two (4x6 cm) photographs
  • Applicable fees
If you live in Canada: Please visit the UAE Embassy’s website for more detailed instructions

If you live in the Philippines: Please visit the UAE Embassy in Manila’s website for more detailed instructions"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp

All the best
Dear @TanakaM For the Dubai PCC, I checked as well and they don't issue it on a visit visa. It's only on residence visa for 6 months or more. Even I need my Dubai PCC but as I travelled on a visit visa, I can't get one. What do you suggest we should do?

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Hi,

You definitely need UAE PCC. Follow these instructions:

"

If you live outside of the United Arab Emirates: (but have lived in the UAE for more than 6 months)

You may either apply:

1. In person if you are back in the UAE or ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in the UAE, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the police department in your emirate (see Special notes and considerations for complete list)
  2. You can apply at the nearest UAE Embassy
  3. By express mail
You or your representative must bring/send:

• A set of fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in the country where you currently live
  • A copy of your valid passport
  • A copy of your former Emirates ID card
  • A copy of your former residence visa
  • Two (4x6 cm) photographs
  • Applicable fees
If you live in Canada: Please visit the UAE Embassy’s website for more detailed instructions

If you live in the Philippines: Please visit the UAE Embassy in Manila’s website for more detailed instructions"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp

All the best

Sir, Dubai Police is categorically saying that they issue PCC / good conduct certificates only to "nationals & residents" and they will not issue it to people who came on visit visa. The same is also mentioned on Dubai Police Website under "Beneficiary" tab
https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/goodconductcertificatecatalog

uetian.81

Sep 27, 2017
Dear All,

I need my documents attested from ECA. The issue with my case is different names in passport and Degree/Certificates. My name in Passport is Bilal Tanweer and Fathers name is Tanweer Alam.

Matric Certificate ( Grade 10) :

Name : Hafiz Bilal Tanveer

Son of Tanweer Alam

Fsc Certificate ( Grade 11 & 12) : Hafiz Bilal Tanveer

Son of Tanweer Alam

B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering) Degree : Hafiz Bilal Tanveer

Son of Tanweer Alam

M.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering) : Bilal Tanweer

Son of Tanweer Alam

Now shall I submit my certificates as it is to WES or IQAS for verification OR I need to get my names changed in all certificates which is a tedious and lengthy process as I am currently residing in KSA.

Appreciate your help.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear @TanakaM For the Dubai PCC, I checked as well and they don't issue it on a visit visa. It's only on residence visa for 6 months or more. Even I need my Dubai PCC but as I travelled on a visit visa, I can't get one. What do you suggest we should do?
Sir, Dubai Police is categorically saying that they issue PCC / good conduct certificates only to "nationals & residents" and they will not issue it to people who came on visit visa. The same is also mentioned on Dubai Police Website under "Beneficiary" tab
https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/goodconductcertificatecatalog
Hi guy,

This becomes tricky. I'm not sure how you should proceed, but I'm sure there is a solution. Just keep searching online and you will get an answer.

All the best

Reactions: Zishan1981

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All,

I need my documents attested from ECA. The issue with my case is different names in passport and Degree/Certificates. My name in Passport is Bilal Tanweer and Fathers name is Tanweer Alam.

Son of Tanweer Alam

Son of Tanweer Alam

Son of Tanweer Alam

Son of Tanweer Alam

Now shall I submit my certificates as it is to WES or IQAS for verification OR I need to get my names changed in all certificates which is a tedious and lengthy process as I am currently residing in KSA.

Appreciate your help.
Hi,

I would strongly recommend you get your certificates sorted out once and for all as this problem will always haunt you if you don't. If you can not do this now, submit your certificates to as they are to WES and then submit a notarised one and the same person affidavit in your eAPR.

Whether it will be acceptable or not remains at the discretion of the immigration officer.

All the best

uetian.81

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

I would strongly recommend you get your certificates sorted out once and for all as this problem will always haunt you if you don't. If you can not do this now, submit your certificates to as they are to WES and then submit a notarised one and the same person affidavit in your eAPR.

Whether it will be acceptable or not remains at the discretion of the immigration officer.

All the best
Hi TanakaM,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with your suggestion to correct the names once for all. But I am not sure when i will be able to do this as I am not in my home country and this process takes a lot of time.
Can you please elaborate more whether this affidavit will work and what is the process. I couldn't get what is eAPR.
If i can get some reference from people with similar cases might help me chose which way to proceed.
If this affidavit thing can help then i would chose this path way.

Appreciate your help.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with your suggestion to correct the names once for all. But I am not sure when i will be able to do this as I am not in my home country and this process takes a lot of time.
Can you please elaborate more whether this affidavit will work and what is the process. I couldn't get what is eAPR.
If i can get some reference from people with similar cases might help me chose which way to proceed.
If this affidavit thing can help then i would chose this path way.

Appreciate your help.
eAPR is Application for Permanent Residence (post - ITA). So when you fill it in there will be a question "have you ever been known by another name?"
you can answer Yes and then submit the notarised one and the same person affidavit. It is just a legal declaration of the fact that you have been referred to by another name.

All the best

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Kindly let me know if you find any way. I am also searching for answer, and I have emailed dubai police. I will let you know if i find a way.

Reactions: Kestrel

saurabhdevgun

Apr 27, 2017
Hi Freinds,

I am in process of submitting my ITA application in a month(Submitting from India). By end of November, my marital status is going to be changed and will inform authorities so that I can add my spouse in my application as well. Now, I have few concerns which are following: -

1) My would be wife passport address will not be valid after few days as they are going to shift to a new house. In that case, I want her to get her PCC done right away. Will it be an issue? Is PCC date of her should be greater than our marriage date?

2) If, we do not get her PCC done now. Then, What all documents will work for her PCC? Does, We need to apply for a new passport on my address?

Thanks in Advance, You suggestions will be very helpful.
Saurabh Sharma

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Dear All,

Son of Tanweer Alam

Son of Tanweer Alam

Son of Tanweer Alam

Son of Tanweer Alam

Appreciate your help.

Dear Bilal,

As far as WES is concerned you are good to go and I am speaking from experience. My name on the F.Sc credentials was also different from the rest of my docs (B.E., M.Sc. and Passport), although unlike in your case I had my tribe/clan name appended at the end to my full name in the Certificate and Detailed Marks Sheet (D.M.C.). What I did was, I included the Academic Records Request Form (available as a downloadable PDF on the WES website: https://applications.wes.org/OnlineApp/pdf/International_Transcript_Request.pdf ] with all my verified/attested copies of required documents before sealing the envelopes and sending them. And I mentioned my previous name on these forms. Within the Academic Records Request Form you'll find a column "Previous Name (if applicable)", within this column write the old name that you used on your F.Sc and B.Sc, which in your case would be "Hafiz Bilal Tanweer". Be careful though that when you register with WES use your new/current name as it appears on your latest academic docs and passport, which in your is "Bilal Tanweer". Also keep in mind to write your new/current name in the "Last/Family Name" and "First/Given Name" columns in the Academic Record request Forms. And do it for both F.Sc. and B.Sc since those two degrees/certificates have your old name. Moreover, if possible get authorized persons from your respective board to fill the respective portion (bottom portion) of the Academic Record Request Form and then sign and stamp it. This will make that previous name thing look legit in their eyes. Although, if you are attesting your B.Sc through HEC, they might decline to do that, saying that this Academic Record Request Form is unnecessary but you may present your case of previous name issue and push it as much as possible; may be they oblige. Anyway just including that form, mentioning your previous name, along with your attested copies alone should be sufficient. And if you get the authorized persons to fill, sign and stamp these forms it would be great. Remember to include separate forms for each degrees/certificates and transcripts/DMCs. I only did this for my F.Sc. Certificate and F.Sc. D.M.C. and did not include one for my Bachelors since it was not necessary as I was told by HEC guys.

Anyway, moving on to the idea of getting your names changed on both F.Sc. and B.Sc., is not a good idea in my opinion. Before long you'll be pulling your hair and banging your head against the wall. And since you are in KSA and may not be able to do it yourself at the moment so I'd say do not afflict this torture and misery of cleaning this Augean stable to anyone including yourself. Not only, it would be time consuming, would require a lot of effort, numerous errands to various institutions, inexplicable delays, shit load of money spent, may include your Form-B and NADRA related stuff, may even involve court (I know someone whose DOB was wrong on his certificate, which he didn't realize for a long time (17 years), and it took 6 months to get a verdict from court and then the board asked 17K for the new certificate, I don't know but there may be shortcuts) getting new certificate and DMC from board and degree and transcript from college/university then what about your previous attestations through HEC, now you would have to do that all over again. So, I am not feeling too positive for that course of action at least here in Pakistan. And when you get your Invitation to Apply (ITA) and upload your academic records along with WES report I think you could just upload a Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining the different name on previous academic credentials and also get that LOE notarized to lend it authenticity.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Disclaimer: I am NO expert and the views expressed above are my personal opinion and so I would advise you caution and discretion.

Best,
Lazy

Last edited:

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Good day everyone,

Well I tried this post in other threads but didn't get a response and since this thread is sticky I may be able to get quick response and I hope this is the right thread for this post. So I have a quick question relating to work experience letter for the express entry application, well, a couple of questions to be more precise but they are all related. And before I get into the questions I would like to explain my situation and the confusion I am facing. So, I worked at a company for almost 7 years, from June 2009 to June 2016, and worked in two different department, lets call them Department A and Department B. I also held two different positions/designation during my stay at this company, one as an assistant manager and one as a manager. For the first 15 months I was in Department A as an assistant manager and then moved to Department B again as an an assistant manager and remained at that designation for a little over 4 years. Then I was promoted to the post of manager and after 15 months of serving as a manager in Department B I left the company in June of 2016.

Now, I did get an experience letter from my immediate boss in Department B but the letter doesn't give any details of my job description in Department A (the first 15 months of my work experience) because he was not my supervisor in Department A and cannot realistically give details of my job description or the work I did there. Moreover, getting experience letter from Department A is not a possibility. The other thing is that I got the letter 3 months before I left the job so it doesn't cover the last 3 months' period of my work experience as well. Keeping in view the aforementioned scenario, I have the following questions; the answers of which I need to figure out:

Q1) Should I mention work experience on my application as the entire 7 years or should I just subtract the duration not covered in the letter? or just go with the time-period I served under my supervisor in Department B which happens to be more than 5 years but less than 6 years? I should also mention here that while filling-in the application, in the work experience section, I see the options of 4-5 years of experience and 6+ years of experience but no option for 5-6 years of experience so which option to choose then?

Q2) Should I mention my work experience as one entry since my entire work experience is in one company or should I break it down into 3 separate entries depending on the designations and departments while filling-in the online application?

Q3) I should mention it here that I can only arrange one letter so in case I go for three separate entries will the same letter suffice for all of them?

Q4) Is it okay if my ex-supervisor in Department B mentions that I worked in Department A for this much period and in such and such capacity without delving into specific details, will it suffice? or should I just remove the mention of that period from my application altogether?

Q5) Should I ask my ex-supervisor in Department B to rewrite me the letter now so that the last 3 months are also covered in the letter which were left out when I initially got the letter 3 months prior to leaving the company?

I know this is a lengthy read but I feel like I needed to write all this in order to make sense of what I wanted to ask. I would highly appreciate if anyone who has been in the same boat could help me out and guide me or if there is any expert on this subject who would like to chip in with their opinion/expertise. Thanks

Best,
Lazy

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Kindly let me know if you find any way. I am also searching for answer, and I have emailed dubai police. I will let you know if i find a way.
Hi @Zishan1981 I have emailed the Dubai police at certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae They replied saying they do not issue a PCC on a visit visa. I am planning to attach that to the LoE. If you have a friend in Dubai, ask him/her to visit the Dubai Police office just for clarification.

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Hi @Zishan1981 I have emailed the Dubai police at certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae They replied saying they do not issue a PCC on a visit visa. I am planning to attach that to the LoE. If you have a friend in Dubai, ask him/her to visit the Dubai Police office just for clarification.
So many thanks for your reply. Yeah I got their response saying to call on mentioned number. But whoever is picking that number is talking in arabic which i dont understand :) hahahhaha. I have acquaintances in DXB who went there this morning - officer refused to give PCC on visit visa. But on safe side, i will get their email documented response too.

Thanks again

Reactions: Kestrel

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
So many thanks for your reply. Yeah I got their response saying to call on mentioned number. But whoever is picking that number is talking in arabic which i dont understand :) hahahhaha. I have acquaintances in DXB who went there this morning - officer refused to give PCC on visit visa. But on safe side, i will get their email documented response too.

Thanks again
That would be good. But the strange thing is that this is not mentioned on the CIC website. They have mentioned it for Saudi Arabia but not for UAE.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Seniors, A quick question, if i have a job offer (LIMA approved) will i get a PR using express enrty or a work permit for some time and then i can apply for PR ?