+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
they will reject straightaway without a roles and responsibilities letter.

what you need to do in this case is get a colleague (or a manager preferably) to write a letter, get it notarized and add his/her business card. this usually works...
The letter can be on simple page?
And who should notarize it? Me or my colleague (manager)?

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

Hi, I had this question for a friend

So they completed a Graduate Certificate program of 1 year/ 2 semesters in 8 months (jan 2017-aug 2017) as they did not take a break.

Program link
https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/financial-planning/#panelOne

I wanted to know the what will be the period duration for which they will receive an PGWP on completing this program?will it be 1 year(duration of the course specified) or 8 months(time taken to complete the program?

They are looking from a POV of settling in Canada (STUDY-WORK-PR)

Is it advisable for them to take another program for 1 year and then apply for PGWP which will be valid for 3 years

or just apply for a PGWP now

Any suggestion would be welcomed

Thanks in advance..

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question. My wife did not change her name after we got married. She is still keeping her last name and everything.

We've requested our criminal/background check from back home and on her criminal check they automatically included her last name as my last name and in bracket they wrote ''Born >Her LastName<''. I think back in my country they automatically write your last name to the husband's last name once you get married.

When I did the application, they asked if she is using any other names, I said ''No''. Will there be an issue because of that?

Please advise.

dvddecarvalho

Jul 12, 2017
Hi all, quick question here:
I received my CoPR. Now I need to validate it. I am currently leaving in Toronto.
I want to book an appointment in one of the IRCC offices close to me, I called the number 1-888-242-2100 as described in one of the forms I received, but it's just an electronic message and it doesn't seem to exist any option for appointments. I can't figure out how to book my appointment. Appreciate any help here. Thanks

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

Hi, I had this question for a friend

So they completed a Graduate Certificate program of 1 year/ 2 semesters in 8 months (jan 2017-aug 2017) as they did not take a break.

Program link
https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/financial-planning/#panelOne

I wanted to know the what will be the period duration for which they will receive an PGWP on completing this program?will it be 1 year(duration of the course specified) or 8 months(time taken to complete the program?

They are looking from a POV of settling in Canada (STUDY-WORK-PR)

Is it advisable for them to take another program for 1 year and then apply for PGWP which will be valid for 3 years

or just apply for a PGWP now

Any suggestion would be welcomed

Thanks in advance..
ANYONE PLEASE....much appreciated

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question. My wife did not change her name after we got married. She is still keeping her last name and everything.

We've requested our criminal/background check from back home and on her criminal check they automatically included her last name as my last name and in bracket they wrote ''Born >Her LastName<''. I think back in my country they automatically write your last name to the husband's last name once you get married.

When I did the application, they asked if she is using any other names, I said ''No''. Will there be an issue because of that?

Please advise.
Explain this in an LOE and you should be fine. Good luck.

Adrian White

Aug 13, 2017
I hope, as a reader, you will be satisfied with the information on this blog post. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Feel free to share your suggestions about this post. Also, if you want me to add something to this post/write a post on other related topics, please ask. Thanks!
First of all, +1 to you for the time and effort.

This could a bible for many of us. Thank you so much!!![/QUOTE]

1. As a fluent English speaker and writer, Is there a way to be exempted from doing the English Test? (English is our native language) 2. If I work in a law enforcement job in Jamaica and has expressed my will to migrate to Canada, is it true that after 1 month of training I can work with some secret services police agency in Canada?

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys,
In 'Travel History' section, do we have to show transit countries if we did't go out of airport? For example, I travelled to USA in 2014 via Istambul, spent some 5-6 hours there and remained in the airport. Do I have to show Turkey in my travel history?

Thank you!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
In 'Travel History' section, do we have to show transit countries if we did't go out of airport? For example, I travelled to USA in 2014 via Istambul, spent some 5-6 hours there and remained in the airport. Do I have to show Turkey in my travel history?

Thank you!
if there is no stamp for turkey (meaning you didnt cross immigration) then no - no need to mention turkey.

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
if there is no stamp for turkey (meaning you didnt cross immigration) then no - no need to mention turkey.
Thanks for response,
the thing is that I lost my old passport with all stamps and etc. and i don't remember if I had those transit stamps, but most probably not. The follow up question here is do I have to upload a copy of main page of my old passport (I have only copy of main ID page) or since they don't ask it is it not necessary?
Thank you!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for response,
the thing is that I lost my old passport with all stamps and etc. and i don't remember if I had those transit stamps, but most probably not. The follow up question here is do I have to upload a copy of main page of my old passport (I have only copy of main ID page) or since they don't ask it is it not necessary?
Thank you!
how old is the new passport??
if its more than 1 year old, then its fine - no need for old passport details. but if your new passport is only 1-2 months old, then its good to add old passport also.

FYI - i hve not come across a single rejection where application was rejected due to non submission of old passport.

Reactions: Umidjon90