+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Amaoge

Mar 31, 2017
Hi,

Many thanks for your post.

I have 2 questions please:

1. If you have been asked to submit your passport for COPR, how long does it take for you to get your passport back after submission
2. I was given 15 days to submit my passport but my passport is with the UK embassy presently. Does the IRCC give extensions to the deadline. If so, how can I request for one.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Dear ALL those who answered, guided, helped, supported and encouraged at every step of this AMAZING JOURNEY called "Express Entry" :)!

It all started with me from the onset of EE on 1st Jan of 2015 and it has all come to a sweet end today 28th July 2017. With 1 expired EE profile and 1 rejected SINP, today I have added the most awaited and wished for feather in my cap...COPR :).

Thank you seems such a small word for ALL of you because had it not been for this forum, I would have never made it this far on my own. A big big big THANK YOU to each & every one of you. God bless and Godspeed to you!

P.S. Please ignore my spamming today on all the threads.I have to reach out to every thread I have been associated with and say THANK YOU :D

Last edited:

Amaoge

Mar 31, 2017
Hi,

Congrats on receiving your COPR.

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after you submitted it?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi,

Congrats on receiving your COPR.

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after you submitted it?
My whole timeline is in my signature :)

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi

I have a query for police clearance certificate.

I have lived in two places in India parental home and after marriage at the current address.
My current address is in my passport which was renewed three years ago.

Now my query is whether I have to get PCC from Passport office or can I get it from my local police station.

CIC Website Says
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.
I think from Passport Office would be the easiest and quickest. You can take appointment online and then its just a few hours work. You will get the PCC that very day.

Reactions: get2rash

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

get2rash

May 27, 2017
India
NOC Code......
I think from Passport Office would be the easiest and quickest. You can take appointment online and then its just a few hours work. You will get the PCC that very day.
@ DiNaV what additional documents were asked from you on 19th. and do you know what other additional documents are asked by CIC?

just want to be ready with the documents.

Any other suggestion you wish to give to get the documents ready for e-APR

:)

canadien85

Star Member
Jul 22, 2010
INDIA.....MONTREAL.....INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
hong-kong (New Delhi)
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Nomination.....
Dec, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Hi

I have lived in two places in India parental home and after marriage at the current address.

Now my query is whether I have to get PCC from Passport office or can I get it from my local police station.

CIC Website Says
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.
Ans: Apply through Passport centre......the process is very straight forward.....
Apply online......>don't pay any fees online....> generate ARN....> next day go with ARN print out and documents required
Enter PSK...> pay fees ...> officer check docs....> If ur passport is 6 months or 1 year old or u got PCC earlier within 1 year then u will get PCC same day....( Which is not ur case..)
So in ur case they will do police verification which u can be expedite by approaching to local police and ask if they received PCC request from PSK...then fullfill all requirement urself....then they will send police verificaton to PSK and u will get it done within a week....

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

CIC Website Says

just get from passport office - its generic and is valid for the entire country

TrueLiar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

We have received an ITA when draw was opened on 449 (Our points 456). Our application is ready. Only issue is of DOB on National Identity Card (NIC) which is wrong. Its 24, April 1980 instead of 24, March 1980. (Just a month's difference)

We are in a process to get it corrected but for that court decree is required which would take more than 90 days during which we will miss our deadline.

What shall we do:

1. Submit the application without mentioning about it.
2. Submit the application and mention about it.
3. Decline the application and get it corrected and create a profile again.

Any suggestions shall be highly appreciated.

Please note: National Identity card copy is not required by CIC while sending the documents but its number is mentioned on Passport.

Thanks & regards,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

We have received an ITA when draw was opened on 449 (Our points 456). Our application is ready. Only issue is of DOB on National Identity Card (NIC) which is wrong. Its 24, April 1980 instead of 24, March 1980. (Just a month's difference)

We are in a process to get it corrected but for that court decree is required which would take more than 90 days during which we will miss our deadline.

What shall we do:

1. Submit the application without mentioning about it.
2. Submit the application and mention about it.
3. Decline the application and get it corrected and create a profile again.

Any suggestions shall be highly appreciated.

Please note: National Identity card copy is not required by CIC while sending the documents but its number is mentioned on Passport.

Thanks & regards,
The bolded part is the answer.

Rathod Dilip

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Myself From gujarat. Please help me I want your kind help.
My biodata as under
1) BE - Mechanical with 10+ experience in India only
2) IELTS - R/W/S/L - 6, 6.5, 6, 7
3) Credential done from WES
4) PR relatives in Canada
5) wife with one child
6) age - 36
I want my CRS score as I have more than 67 point but my doubt is that if I have CSR score not around 400 I cannot be called for ITR. So please guide whether I should apply for express or not ???

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Myself From gujarat. Please help me I want your kind help.
My biodata as under
1) BE - Mechanical with 10+ experience in India only
2) IELTS - R/W/S/L - 6, 6.5, 6, 7
3) Credential done from WES
4) PR relatives in Canada
5) wife with one child
6) age - 36
I want my CRS score as I have more than 67 point but my doubt is that if I have CSR score not around 400 I cannot be called for ITR. So please guide whether I should apply for express or not ???
Use the CRS tool and calculate your score: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp