+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
Hello !
I have a couple of questions regarding PPC from india, Pune

1.) Is the PCC to be done from Passport office or Commissioners office ? The passport office one has the word 'immigration' missing.. it just says PCC for Canada.

2.) What are the charges for the PCC?? through passport office its INR 1700 per person and through Commissioners office its INR 11000 per person!! :eek:

3.) I have recieved ITA but not yet accepted it .. shall I begin with my PCC beforehand to save time ?

4.) How many days does it normally take ??

Thank you!! :D

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi,

A few more queries as i proceed,

1. Although I mentioned the IELTS score for the primary applicant and our CRS was based on this score I do not see this document in the checklist. Do I upload the IELTS report along-with the educational documents?

2. For Educational Documents do I only upload the ECA report from WES or do I also upload my degree certificates?

3. Do I have to get all the documents 'Notarized' before I upload?

4. Is there a specific format for a Gift Deed? Can anyone share a copy?

5. Is there a defined format for the LOE?

6. My Wife is the primary applicant. Her cousin (working in Canada for last 2 years) has just received his PR Letter. Does it make sense to mention 'Proof of Status of Family Member' in the e-APR? Would it help our profile? (We did not mention it while filling-up the EOI so our CRS does not include this factor).

Thanks again.

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
snigdha1987 said:
Hello !
I have a couple of questions regarding PPC from india, Pune

1.) Is the PCC to be done from Passport office or Commissioners office ? The passport office one has the word 'immigration' missing.. it just says PCC for Canada.

2.) What are the charges for the PCC?? through passport office its INR 1700 per person and through Commissioners office its INR 11000 per person!! :eek:

3.) I have recieved ITA but not yet accepted it .. shall I begin with my PCC beforehand to save time ?

4.) How many days does it normally take ??

Thank you!! :D
Hi,

1. PCC is to be done from the Passport Office. If your passport is not more than 6 months old and you haven't changed your address you do not need a police verification and the PCC will be issued same day. Otherwise, there will be a police verification done in the same way it is done for issuing a passport.

2. Fee for PCC through passport is Rs. 500 + ST etc

3. Yes the sooner the better

4. If your passport is not more than 6 months old and you haven't changed your address you do not need a police verification and the PCC will be issued same day. Otherwise, there will be a police verification done in the same way it is done for issuing a passport. But within 5-6 days.

Good Luck

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
jassodhi said:
Hi,

A few more queries as i proceed,

1. Although I mentioned the IELTS score for the primary applicant and our CRS was based on this score I do not see this document in the checklist. Do I upload the IELTS report along-with the educational documents?

2. For Educational Documents do I only upload the ECA report from WES or do I also upload my degree certificates?

3. Do I have to get all the documents 'Notarized' before I upload?

4. Is there a specific format for a Gift Deed? Can anyone share a copy?

5. Is there a defined format for the LOE?

6. My Wife is the primary applicant. Her cousin (working in Canada for last 2 years) has just received his PR Letter. Does it make sense to mention 'Proof of Status of Family Member' in the e-APR? Would it help our profile? (We did not mention it while filling-up the EOI so our CRS does not include this factor).

Thanks again.
hi,

1) YES. Its optional, but advisable.
2) Both. The ECA report is actually optional, what is mandatory is the actual degree certificates.
3) No, not all.
4) No standard but if you look around you will find samples.
5) No, but most people have one letter divided into sections.
6) Wont make a difference, I would leave it out.

All the best

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

I have translated my German PCC through ATIO certified translator. I have submitted below documents for PCC

1) Original Germany PCC with color scan.
2) Declaration from translator with Golden Seal of translator.
3) English translation copy with Golden Seal of translator.
4) Photocopy of german PCC in black and white with Golden Seal of translator

Will it be any issue due to point 4 ?

neods

Apr 25, 2017
Could anybody tell me which is the best province to select while applying for Express Entry and also which gives less weightage to French as a second language, as I do not speak french.

raman86

Nov 20, 2016
[Hello guys

Could u please help me regarding my husband's work experiences.i am the main applicant. My hubby's work experience is not fetching any point .Should i enter it in work history in my profile. The proofs are not solid if cross checked. Plus guide me what should i do.? I don't want to take risk as i have not got the it's yet . I have heard that it is ok to put spouce's experience in personal history after getting it's . Can i leave the work history coloum blank for my husband? Wouldn't it be a problem in profile?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
raman86 said:
[Hello guys

Could u please help me regarding my husband's work experiences.i am the main applicant. My hubby's work experience is not fetching any point .Should i enter it in work history in my profile. The proofs are not solid if cross checked. Plus guide me what should i do.? I don't want to take risk as i have not got the it's yet . I have heard that it is ok to put spouce's experience in personal history after getting it's . Can i leave the work history coloum blank for my husband? Wouldn't it be a problem in profile?
Hello,

This is fine and wont be a problem at all. Where it asks if he has work experience answer NO and leave the section blank.

After ITA you can enter all his experience in personal history where no evidence is required.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
jassodhi said:
Thanks TanakaM...which documents then do I have to get Notarized?
Normally only affidavits need to be notarized as it adds legal validity, and maybe translated documents. Otherwise one can submit without any notarized documents.

Regards

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
Guys

In proof of relationship section i have been asked to provide a proof of my relationship with host.

I do not know what do they exactly mean by host.

I have shown a tie in canada
Who is not in onatrio

But i received a nomination from onatrio
And i am planning to move to ontario only

The tie is not residing in ontario
I am afraid that tie is not the host for me but still i have shown my tie's proof of relationship in my eapr profile.

Kindly please let me know, Does the host means the tie only or not?

Does the similar window appear for people without ties also?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jj0502 said:
Guys

In proof of relationship section i have been asked to provide a proof of my relationship with host.

I do not know what do they exactly mean by host.

I have shown a tie in canada
Who is not in onatrio

But i received a nomination from onatrio
And i am planning to move to ontario only

The tie is not residing in ontario
I am afraid that tie is not the host for me but still i have shown my tie's proof of relationship in my eapr profile.

Kindly please let me know, Does the host means the tie only or not?

Does the similar window appear for people without ties also?
if you show ties in canada, that window will show up.

you need to give their passport copy (or PR card copy front and back) , some utility bills or rental agreement saying they are still living in canada.

if you got nomination already from ontario, inspite of your "host"being outside ontario, means that you have already convinced OINP that you will stay in that province... whatever proof you gave of your intentions to stay in ontario, you can add that also to the LOE section.

and no - if you show no ties in canada, that window doesnt pop up...

el-johnson

Apr 27, 2017
@rag, please can you shed more information on the 1st and 2nd language requirement on the FSW program. Do i need both scores or just one of them? i have an IELTS (7.5,7,7.5 and 7) respectively, i guess this is my first language score? what test results do i need for the 2nd language score if applicable?