+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can_2017 said:
I have a doubt regarding Proof of Fund.

I haven't got an ITA yet. But if I get,I need to arrange the fund from somewhere. In that case will CIC validates the date on which the deposit is done? Is there a criteria for the statement proof?
The officer might check if the funds are borrowed. That is why, 6 months bank statements are requested. However, if your bank letter mentions the average 6 months balance, that alone is enough.

You have the option of depositing funds in a FD and showing FD as POF. You have to submit FD receipt and a bank letter showing the date of deposit etc.

Usually, the source is not questioned but the officer is in his right to ask for a source if he suspects the funds might be borrowed.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Experts,

I just got my ITA and is confused about few things and need your expert advice :-

1.I am engaged and planning to get married soon what would be the best time to add my spouse ?
2. I have 4 years of experience but my very first company is not functional anymore, I have letters from them but no paystubs or anything from them.
So, what should i do though it doesnt make any impact on points in my application. Please revert....

Can_2017

Apr 23, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
You have the option of depositing funds in a FD and showing FD as POF. You have to submit FD receipt and a bank letter showing the date of deposit etc.
Thank you for the reply..:):)..You are fast...:D

The date of FD will be also after getting ITA. Will that affect?

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have to enter Family details in one of the section, My mother doesn't use any last name, but system isn't letting me through if LAST Name is blank. Does anyone know how to tackle this situation ?

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
Hello Everyone !
So, after a long long wait we have finally received our ITA .. this forum has helped me through this point and im sure your answers will help me forward now..

Here are my questions:
1.) My IELTS scores expire on 29th August 2017 , however, i will accept my ITA by July (as per the deadline) .. in this case will I need to retake my ielts??
2.) We have a home loan back in India with a monthly EMI .. will this impact our application? do we need to be debt free ?
3.) My husband has not got his IELTS and WES assessments done.. we plan to do this later.. maybe once we have the PR visa in hand.. will this impact in any way?
4.) Is a PF certificate considered a POF? if yes, In india from where can this be obtained?

Thanks a ton for your help!!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
snigdha1987 said:
Hello Everyone !
So, after a long long wait we have finally received our ITA .. this forum has helped me through this point and im sure your answers will help me forward now..

Here are my questions:
1.) My IELTS scores expire on 29th August 2017 , however, i will accept my ITA by July (as per the deadline) .. in this case will I need to retake my ielts??
2.) We have a home loan back in India with a monthly EMI .. will this impact our application? do we need to be debt free ?
3.) My husband has not got his IELTS and WES assessments done.. we plan to do this later.. maybe once we have the PR visa in hand.. will this impact in any way?
4.) Is a PF certificate considered a POF? if yes, In india from where can this be obtained?

Thanks a ton for your help!!
Answered in the other thread.

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi,

I would be submitting bank letters from my 5 bank accounts as POF. One Major account has about 15000 CAD while other 4 have small amounts of 4000 CAD all together.
- Do I have to upload the 6 months' bank statements for all these accounts?
- Do I first upload all the 5 bank letters together and then follow-up with all the bank statements or do I follow-up each bank letter with the respective account statement?
- My account with 15000 CAD had an average monthly balance of 12000 CAD for 4 months and once we got our ITA in February we stopped spending from this account. Eventually in the next 2 months the average moved up to 15000 CAD (all deposits were by Salary and reimbursements made by my employer for which I have the pay slips). Would this sudden jump in monthly average raise a red flag?

Pl suggest.

Thanks

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
Hi all,

I have another question

1.) Is it possible for my husband (secondary applicant) to arrive in canada first ? OR can I simply arrive together and go back immediately before getting my PR card?

2.) My current job allows me to work remotely .. so I can take this to canada with me , this would fetch me about 1250 CAD monthly .. will this help my situation for POF?

3.) we own a house in India can that we shown as POF too ? It is on loan though ..

Thank you!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
jassodhi said:
Hi,

I would be submitting bank letters from my 5 bank accounts as POF. One Major account has about 15000 CAD while other 4 have small amounts of 4000 CAD all together.
- Do I have to upload the 6 months' bank statements for all these accounts?
- Do I first upload all the 5 bank letters together and then follow-up with all the bank statements or do I follow-up each bank letter with the respective account statement?
- My account with 15000 CAD had an average monthly balance of 12000 CAD for 4 months and once we got our ITA in February we stopped spending from this account. Eventually in the next 2 months the average moved up to 15000 CAD (all deposits were by Salary and reimbursements made by my employer for which I have the pay slips). Would this sudden jump in monthly average raise a red flag?

Pl suggest.

Thanks
1) You do not need to submit bank statements, all you need are letters from the bank as per CIC requirement. You will only need statements if you fail to get these letters.
2) It will not be a redflag per say, but will need to be explained in you LOE. Should not be an issue if explained.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
snigdha1987 said:
Hi all,

I have another question

1.) Is it possible for my husband (secondary applicant) to arrive in canada first ? OR can I simply arrive together and go back immediately before getting my PR card?

2.) My current job allows me to work remotely .. so I can take this to canada with me , this would fetch me about 1250 CAD monthly .. will this help my situation for POF?

3.) we own a house in India can that we shown as POF too ? It is on loan though ..

Thank you!!
Hi,

1) The primary applicant must arrive first, or you can arrive together. I'm sure you can leave Canada before you get the card. What is important is to activate the PR by landing in Canada.
2) This will be good for you financially but can not be used as POF. What CIC require is to see funds that you will actually bring to Canada or a Canadian job offer.
3) NO, unless you sell it.

All the best

RaviParekh

Dec 20, 2014
Hello,
i am Computer Engineer from India, having 3 years of freelancer web designing experience.
Am i able to apply for Canada PR ?

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

1) The primary applicant must arrive first, or you can arrive together. I'm sure you can leave Canada before you get the card. What is important is to activate the PR by landing in Canada.
2) This will be good for you financially but can not be used as POF. What CIC require is to see funds that you will actually bring to Canada or a Canadian job offer.
3) NO, unless you sell it.

All the best
Thanks a lot TanakaM. I will be enclosing the payslips etc along-with the LOE to explain the increase in monthly avg balance. Thanks bud!!

Pranavuk

Dec 2, 2016
I am an applicant of Permanent Resident under Federal Skilled Worker. I am in the Express Entry Pool for last 6 Months and my CRS score is 422. I got invitation in the last Express Entry draw on April 19, 2017. I checked my profile last month and work experience details entered in the work history section was displayed at that time. After getting CIC mail in my communication mail regarding ITA, I reviewed all the details of my profile and none of my details entered in the work history section is not displayed in it. But there had no change in my CRS points. I can produce all the supporting documents for the work experience which I had claimed in the express entry profile at the time of my profile creation. Should my profile get rejected due to this technical error in my profile? Can I proceed with the current Invitation? If my profile will be categorized as non-eligible due to above error, what should be the next step I had to follow for applying Permanent Residence?

Your immediate response will be much appreciated.

Thanking You,
Sandeep Unnikrishnan

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Pranavuk said:
I am an applicant of Permanent Resident under Federal Skilled Worker. I am in the Express Entry Pool for last 6 Months and my CRS score is 422. I got invitation in the last Express Entry draw on April 19, 2017. I checked my profile last month and work experience details entered in the work history section was displayed at that time. After getting CIC mail in my communication mail regarding ITA, I reviewed all the details of my profile and none of my details entered in the work history section is not displayed in it. But there had no change in my CRS points. I can produce all the supporting documents for the work experience which I had claimed in the express entry profile at the time of my profile creation. Should my profile get rejected due to this technical error in my profile? Can I proceed with the current Invitation? If my profile will be categorized as non-eligible due to above error, what should be the next step I had to follow for applying Permanent Residence?

Your immediate response will be much appreciated.

Thanking You,
Sandeep Unnikrishnan
I have answered in another thread. Please avoid posting the same thing multiple times.

All the best

soldiers7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi

When applying for Express Entry, they have asked the 'Country of Issue'.

I am an Indian citizen, residing in United Arab Emirates & the 'Place of Issue' in my passport is Dubai.

I would like to know what will be the 'Country Of Issue' in my case, will it be India ( which country I am a citizen of) or will it be United Arab Emirates?