Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Aspiring CA said:
Hi baldev.asnanie,

I have seen your comments in this thread, I am in Dubai also and still weighing my options. Could you please guide me with the process and your timeline? Thanks!
Hi,

The process is quite simple but could get frustrating from the perspective of obtaining documents from India especially educational documents, work experience letters and police clearance certificate. Nonetheless, below is the entire process I have gone through so far. But first, you may want to check your estimate points score for express entry by using CRS calculator. If your score comes above 450, it will be wise to proceed further in the general format. Although there are ways to increase your score like PNP nomination, a Canadian job offer, etc.

1) First and foremost, you need an IELTS certification with a good score (say CLB 8 overall or above). Give yourself at least 20-30 days in preparation for the same, but go ahead and book an examination slot right away in the GENERAL TRAINING category. There are ample test centres throughout Dubai to choose from, I personally chose British Council in American College of Dubai, Al Garhoud as that was closest to my location. The fees for the exam is AED 950, this includes all the 4 components i.e. Reading, Speaking, Writing and Listening. Reading, Speaking and Listening exams will be held the same day while the speaking test will be conducted wither 1 week before or after. Once you book your slot and confirm the payment, British council will send you login credentials to access the free material for practice which should be good for testing waters in the beginning for say a week. For further practice, there are ample sites giving out free sample test papers for you to practice. For Listening specifically, you can practice on youtube also. There are many practice videos there. Reading and Listening hold the most weight-age in the evaluation so you'd want to practice them more. Your test centre details and timing will be notified to you 6-7 days prior to the exam date only. Your test results will be valid for a duration of 2 years from the date of your exam. Results are generally issued within 14-15 days.

2) While you are preparing for your IELTS, you should also try and get your Indian educational certificates assessed by authorized Canadian educational bodies. I used WES Canada as there cost was nominal and they are generally faster in processing. WES requires you to submit your university transcripts in a particular format, along with a copy of the Degree certificate. You'll need to go to WES site and open an account, after which you'll get a WES reference number. They charge a standard fees of around CAD 230 for document by document evaluation + CAD 80 for courier charges. They also have a standard mail option which is just CAD 10. These charges are not mandatory to be paid in advance, you can wait until your documents have reached them and then make the payment. In any case, they won't start the evaluation process until the payments are remitted. If your university has an online mechanism for applying transcripts well and good, they can send the transcripts directly to Canada on your behalf along with the a copy of your graduation degree. All your university needs to do is put the documents in a sealed envelope and send to WES Canada in a sealed envelope with University emblem/seal on the flap and mention your WES reference number on the envelope for WES to easily link it to your account. I had a lot of trouble sourcing the documents from my Graduation University (CCS), so I used a mediator named mail transcripts who procured all the documents on my behalf and sent to WES on my behalf. I spent almost INR 16k for getting the transcripts as I had both my BBA and MBA certificates to show and also wanted a backup copy with myself for safety. Once your documents reach WES, they take around 20-25 days more (in some cases even less or more) to evaluate and provide the e-document of your evaluation. The hard copy should reach you in 6-8 working days if you have opted my an international courier.

3) Once you are thorugh with IELTS and WES Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), you can go ahead and apply for an Express Entry Profile. First visit come to canada site to check your eligibility by filling out some basic details. If your background is sufficient to apply they will let you know and give you a Reference no. which can use to further proceed in the Express Entry system. The express Entry system will have more options for you to fill and based on all the criterias you mentioned for yourself/spouse, you will be given a Comprehensive Ranking System Rank (CRS). For candidates with pre-secured Canadian jobs or education this rank may range between 500 to 800. For general candidates it lies between 400 to 500. In all fairness, you will only have a good chance to make it in express entry if your score is above 450. Canadian authorities issue a CRS cut-off rank on interval of 14-20 days (sometime shorter or longer). If your profile CRS Rank is above the cut-off you will recieve an Invitation to Apply (ITA) after which you'll have 90 days in total to submit e-copies of all required documentation like Police Clearance Certificates for places lived since age of 18 years, Medical Exam, Experience letters from past employers (for whom you are claiming the points in Express Entry), your IELTS scores sheet, digital photos, ECA copy, etc. When you are about to fill your Express Entry profile I'll be more than happy to guide you further.

In totality, you will spend around AED 5,500 to 8,000 depending on the mode of arranging the documents. I scored a total of 478 CRS, applied on Nov 24 and recieved the ITA on Dec 22. Right now I'm in the process of arranging all the required documents, which I need to upload on the CIC portal by 23rd March. Main issue I'm facing is with the Indian Police Clearance as I changed my job recently and don't have a valid employment visa currently. Without that the Indian Consulate wouldn't entertain my request for a PCC. By the time my employment visa comes, it will already be Jan end or early Feb, and the Police authorities take around 40 days to process the PCC request. So I'm trying to source PCC from alternate sources like applying directly to the District Police stations of places I stayed in since 18 years age. Anyways, I'm sure it wouldn't be an hassle for you if you already have a valid residence visa at the time of receiving ITA.

Hope this info helps in some way. You can PM me on email at baldev.asnanie@gmail.com and I'll give you my mobile number in case you need further clarifications. All the best! :)

Baldev

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baldev.asnanie said:
Hi,

The process is quite simple but could get frustrating from the perspective of obtaining documents from India especially educational documents, work experience letters and police clearance certificate. Nonetheless, below is the entire process I have gone through so far. But first, you may want to check your estimate points score for express entry by using CRS calculator. If your score comes above 450, it will be wise to proceed further in the general format. Although there are ways to increase your score like PNP nomination, a Canadian job offer, etc.

1) First and foremost, you need an IELTS certification with a good score (say CLB 8 overall or above). Give yourself at least 20-30 days in preparation for the same, but go ahead and book an examination slot right away in the GENERAL TRAINING category. There are ample test centres throughout Dubai to choose from, I personally chose British Council in American College of Dubai, Al Garhoud as that was closest to my location. The fees for the exam is AED 950, this includes all the 4 components i.e. Reading, Speaking, Writing and Listening. Reading, Speaking and Listening exams will be held the same day while the speaking test will be conducted wither 1 week before or after. Once you book your slot and confirm the payment, British council will send you login credentials to access the free material for practice which should be good for testing waters in the beginning for say a week. For further practice, there are ample sites giving out free sample test papers for you to practice. For Listening specifically, you can practice on youtube also. There are many practice videos there. Reading and Listening hold the most weight-age in the evaluation so you'd want to practice them more. Your test centre details and timing will be notified to you 6-7 days prior to the exam date only. Your test results will be valid for a duration of 2 years from the date of your exam. Results are generally issued within 14-15 days.

2) While you are preparing for your IELTS, you should also try and get your Indian educational certificates assessed by authorized Canadian educational bodies. I used WES Canada as there cost was nominal and they are generally faster in processing. WES requires you to submit your university transcripts in a particular format, along with a copy of the Degree certificate. You'll need to go to WES site and open an account, after which you'll get a WES reference number. They charge a standard fees of around CAD 230 for document by document evaluation + CAD 80 for courier charges. They also have a standard mail option which is just CAD 10. These charges are not mandatory to be paid in advance, you can wait until your documents have reached them and then make the payment. In any case, they won't start the evaluation process until the payments are remitted. If your university has an online mechanism for applying transcripts well and good, they can send the transcripts directly to Canada on your behalf along with the a copy of your graduation degree. All your university needs to do is put the documents in a sealed envelope and send to WES Canada in a sealed envelope with University emblem/seal on the flap and mention your WES reference number on the envelope for WES to easily link it to your account. I had a lot of trouble sourcing the documents from my Graduation University (CCS), so I used a mediator named mail transcripts who procured all the documents on my behalf and sent to WES on my behalf. I spent almost INR 16k for getting the transcripts as I had both my BBA and MBA certificates to show and also wanted a backup copy with myself for safety. Once your documents reach WES, they take around 20-25 days more (in some cases even less or more) to evaluate and provide the e-document of your evaluation. The hard copy should reach you in 6-8 working days if you have opted my an international courier.

3) Once you are thorugh with IELTS and WES Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), you can go ahead and apply for an Express Entry Profile. First visit come to canada site to check your eligibility by filling out some basic details. If your background is sufficient to apply they will let you know and give you a Reference no. which can use to further proceed in the Express Entry system. The express Entry system will have more options for you to fill and based on all the criterias you mentioned for yourself/spouse, you will be given a Comprehensive Ranking System Rank (CRS). For candidates with pre-secured Canadian jobs or education this rank may range between 500 to 800. For general candidates it lies between 400 to 500. In all fairness, you will only have a good chance to make it in express entry if your score is above 450. Canadian authorities issue a CRS cut-off rank on interval of 14-20 days (sometime shorter or longer). If your profile CRS Rank is above the cut-off you will recieve an Invitation to Apply (ITA) after which you'll have 90 days in total to submit e-copies of all required documentation like Police Clearance Certificates for places lived since age of 18 years, Medical Exam, Experience letters from past employers (for whom you are claiming the points in Express Entry), your IELTS scores sheet, digital photos, ECA copy, etc. When you are about to fill your Express Entry profile I'll be more than happy to guide you further.

In totality, you will spend around AED 5,500 to 8,000 depending on the mode of arranging the documents. I scored a total of 478 CRS, applied on Nov 24 and recieved the ITA on Dec 22. Right now I'm in the process of arranging all the required documents, which I need to upload on the CIC portal by 23rd March. Main issue I'm facing is with the Indian Police Clearance as I changed my job recently and don't have a valid employment visa currently. Without that the Indian Consulate wouldn't entertain my request for a PCC. By the time my employment visa comes, it will already be Jan end or early Feb, and the Police authorities take around 40 days to process the PCC request. So I'm trying to source PCC from alternate sources like applying directly to the District Police stations of places I stayed in since 18 years age. Anyways, I'm sure it wouldn't be an hassle for you if you already have a valid residence visa at the time of receiving ITA.

Hope this info helps in some way. You can PM me on email at baldev.asnanie@gmail.com and I'll give you my mobile number in case you need further clarifications. All the best! :)

Baldev
Thank you so much for the detailed response, it's highly appreciated. :)

I will go through it thoroughly and will PM you or send email if i have more questions.

Happy new year, and may you have a prosperous 2017 in Canada!

GAURAV9106

Aug 26, 2016
Dear All,

I have recently logged my application for Express entry and my CRS score is 373. Below are my details.
Under Province/Territory Nomination I could see detail as "No nomination at this time".

Profession - Software Engineer
Marital status - Married
Age - 28
Exp - 5+ yrs
IELTS - Reading : 7,Writing : 6.5 , Listening : 7.5 , Speaking : 7.5
Education as per ECA - Bachelor (4 yrs)
Second language - None
Canadian work exp - None

Spouse Details
Exp - 5+ yrs
IELTS - Reading : 7,Writing : 7 , Listening : 7.5 , Speaking : 7.5
ECA - None
Second language - None
Canadian work exp - None

I am the principal applicant and as per the chances of receiving ITA , one should have minimum of CRS 450 points .
I tried looking for Ontario PNP but minimum CRS is 400 points. Spouse's ECA will add 8 points more but not enough
to qualify for OINP.
Which provinces should I contact in Order to request for Provincial Nomination and How can I increase my CRS score ?.

Dear members, request you to please provide your valuable inputs.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
GAURAV9106 said:
Dear All,

I have recently logged my application for Express entry and my CRS score is 373. Below are my details.
Under Province/Territory Nomination I could see detail as "No nomination at this time".

Profession - Software Engineer
Marital status - Married
Age - 28
Exp - 5+ yrs
IELTS - Reading : 7,Writing : 6.5 , Listening : 7.5 , Speaking : 7.5
Education as per ECA - Bachelor (4 yrs)
Second language - None
Canadian work exp - None

Spouse Details
Exp - 5+ yrs
IELTS - Reading : 7,Writing : 7 , Listening : 7.5 , Speaking : 7.5
ECA - None
Second language - None
Canadian work exp - None

I am the principal applicant and as per the chances of receiving ITA , one should have minimum of CRS 450 points .
I tried looking for Ontario PNP but minimum CRS is 400 points. Spouse's ECA will add 8 points more but not enough
to qualify for OINP.
Which provinces should I contact in Order to request for Provincial Nomination and How can I increase my CRS score ?.

Dear members, request you to please provide your valuable inputs.
Increase your IELTS score will give you a huge jump in points. You can view PNP details in one of the other sticky threads and each has their own requirements. Otherwise there aren't too many options to increase your score. Have you considered doing a Masters?

DivyaJ

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
ANAND
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
Nomination.....
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
IELTS Request
28-02-2018
Hello Sir,
I got your email from one thread in Canada visa forum, actually I am about to start my process but I am having few queries so on that I need your help.

I am about to start my WES process but I am having query that as I have done my BBA and MBA so can I have to pay 233 dollars twice to make the evaluation from WES or it will be done in one application and I just need to pay only 233 dollars?

Also, you have mentioned about paying courier charges and other charges so its compulsory or optional and for which purpose I need to pay these extra charges?

- Can I have to send Xerox (Photocopy) of my BBA and MBA degree certificates along with Transcript to WES.?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Please help me asap.

My Fiance, I am not married yet but going to marry soon and here is my to be husband's details:
Age - 23 years
Education - First completed.12th Science but failed in one exam so clear 12th Science in 2nd attemp and then completed Diploma in automobiles engineering.
Work experience: 2 years as a Sales.executive in Automobiles Showroom.

Now, Can I have to submit my husband 10th and 12th Transcript along with dioloma engineering transcript OR just need to send diploma transcript for WES.?

GAURAV9106

Aug 26, 2016
kryt0n said:
Increase your IELTS score will give you a huge jump in points. You can view PNP details in one of the other sticky threads and each has their own requirements. Otherwise there aren't too many options to increase your score. Have you considered doing a Masters?
Thanks Kryt0n for the response. Yes I have completed my Master's but only have Marksheets with me. Degree is yet to be
received and may take around 8 months to generate.
Dropped the Idea of showing Master's as I have completed the full time Master's while staying On-Job :)
Don't want to give any chance to reviewer to drop my profile :)

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
So, after getting OINP nomination and received ITA, what's the deal with IELTS result that brings the CRS score below 400?

For example, let's say I had 400 CRS points and received OINP nomination. My total score is now 400+600 = 1000 points. Now, if my new IELTS is worst than my initial IELTS, and my basic score is now 380, isn't my total score still 380+600 = 980? I am still above the 400 points and still above the ITA minimum invited points which is about 475-500.

So does that mean I still need to inform OINP that my IELTS result is worst and they will have to remove my nomination even if I got ITA and about to submit my e-PR?

Technically I am still above 400 CRS points (OINP requirements) and still above 475 CRS points (minimum ITA points)

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
DivyaJ said:
I am about to start my WES process but I am having query that as I have done my BBA and MBA so can I have to pay 233 dollars twice to make the evaluation from WES or it will be done in one application and I just need to pay only 233 dollars?

Also, you have mentioned about paying courier charges and other charges so its compulsory or optional and for which purpose I need to pay these extra charges?

- Can I have to send Xerox (Photocopy) of my BBA and MBA degree certificates along with Transcript to WES.?
You can send sealed transcripts of both degrees in a together to WES. There is no additional fee for getting both evaluated in a single report. Of course, if you are confident that you will get a positive evaluation for your MBA, it is sufficient to submit just the higher degree, in terms of CRS scores. imo, it makes sense to have your bachelor's evaluated as well as you could potentially present it during job interviews.

If you really want to save money on shipping then send it by normal post and while paying at the WES website choose return by standard delivery (Canada post without tracking) option which is $7 instead of $85. This will mean that it will take up to a month more to get the evaluation back and you don't have any way of tracking the status but will save you about $160.

Btw, I went for a document-by-document evaluation and while I don't remember how much I paid, the WES website mentions $115 only for it.

The only documents evaluated by WES are the ones inside the sealed transcripts so there is no point in sending additional copies of your certificates along with it.

GAURAV9106 said:
Thanks Kryt0n for the response. Yes I have completed my Master's but only have Marksheets with me. Degree is yet to be
Dropped the Idea of showing Master's as I have completed the full time Master's while staying On-Job :)
Ask around at your university about getting the transcript. It may not be necessary to have a degree certificate. If you manage to get a positive evaluation that is a fair bump in your score. CIC will not dispute a positive evaluation from WES or similar agency.

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hello people,

I'm starting the process next week and need info from someone who has recently approached Bangalore University for transcripts for WES. Please share the complete details with contact numbers if any.

I know this group does not encourage going through Immigration consultants but I was initially thinking of applying through them before I got to know of this forum. However, I'm keen on connecting with people from Bangalore or India who are in the same stage of the entire process.

I don't feel very confident that I can manage to do the entire PR filing along with paper work on my own. So I'm looking to join people who are stating around the same time and can share best practices with da h other.

Please let me know if there is any whatsapp group I can get added to and connect with people going through this process.

Regards,
Darshan

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Darshan019 said:
Hello people,

I'm starting the process next week and need info from someone who has recently approached Bangalore University for transcripts for WES. Please share the complete details with contact numbers if any.

I know this group does not encourage going through Immigration consultants but I was initially thinking of applying through them before I got to know of this forum. However, I'm keen on connecting with people from Bangalore or India who are in the same stage of the entire process.

I don't feel very confident that I can manage to do the entire PR filing along with paper work on my own. So I'm looking to join people who are stating around the same time and can share best practices with da h other.

Please let me know if there is any whatsapp group I can get added to and connect with people going through this process.

Regards,
Darshan
There are already many threads on the forum related to educational credential assessment. For Bangalore University process, check the following thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hi-guys-got-my-official-transcripts-from-bangalore-university-in-10-days-t20542.0.html

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
GAURAV9106 said:
You profile won't be dropped so long as an accredited organization (such as WES) certifies it. You may not need the degree certificate to get an ECA, have a look into that with the accredited orgs.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

Need advice.

I have created my express entry profile for work experience as per below :

2006 - 2008 (ABC India)
2008 - 2010 (XYZ India)
2010 - 2013 (PNQ India)
2014 - till date (PNQ Canada)

While I was in ABC India, I traveled to London 3 times collectively 6+ months on assignments. As I have need PCC for, do you think I should create separate work experience for this travel ? It was from same company and they send me overseas.

Regards.

GenHk

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this query but I needed an urgent advice.

I am an applicant from India who received ITA in the last draw. I recently went for PCC but they asked me to first get my passport renewed as I have a change in address from that of mentioned in passport. Although their site didnt say anything like that but they mentioned it as a 'recent change'

I assume this process will eat up a lot of my time so can anybody suggest me something. Should I go for Tatkal provision but I read somewhere that in Tatkal, police verification is carried out later but I need to have both without screwing anything.

Please advice.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLOU said:
So, after getting OINP nomination and received ITA, what's the deal with IELTS result that brings the CRS score below 400?

For example, let's say I had 400 CRS points and received OINP nomination. My total score is now 400+600 = 1000 points. Now, if my new IELTS is worst than my initial IELTS, and my basic score is now 380, isn't my total score still 380+600 = 980? I am still above the 400 points and still above the ITA minimum invited points which is about 475-500.

So does that mean I still need to inform OINP that my IELTS result is worst and they will have to remove my nomination even if I got ITA and about to submit my e-PR?

Technically I am still above 400 CRS points (OINP requirements) and still above 475 CRS points (minimum ITA points)
Hi TLOU.
IMHO, you need to maintain a basic score of 400 till you apply for PR in case of OINP. If you go below 400 due to any factors except for age, you may have to withdraw. This is what I understand though.