+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Your IELTS should be valid up and until the time you submit your e-APR. To be on the safer side, make sure you submit your e-APR at least one day before your IELTS expires.

Why do you have to submit a explanation letter for your wife's PCC and meds?

Nomination is valid for a period of 6 months. I am not sure whether it is valid from the date of issue or date of acceptance. I guess your nomination certificate will have that detail.

Good luck!
Thanks rajkamalmohanram.
My wife is expecting and has been advised rest, as a result I will not be able to get the medicals & pcc done.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
If provincial nomination is valid for 6 months, and CIC takes more than 6 months to process and issue PR, what will happen to the 600 points granted by provincial nomination?

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Hi
I got PCC from UAE police through a friend. But there is some confusion. Pcc shows no criminality record found. And this pcc is required for country Pakistan.
Can this be a problem?
My own thinking is that CIC should be concerned about criminal record. But the name of country should not be an issue.
Wats ur opinion?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
Thanks rajkamalmohanram.
My wife is expecting and has been advised rest, as a result I will not be able to get the medicals & pcc done.
Then I suggest you not to submit your application now. You can either submit your application with the PCC and partial medicals for your wife (medicals except the chest X-ray) or you decline the ITA and wait until your wife has delivered and then submit the application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
If provincial nomination is valid for 6 months, and CIC takes more than 6 months to process and issue PR, what will happen to the 600 points granted by provincial nomination?
Once you submit the application, it doesn't matter.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Hi raj,

I got PCC from UAE police through a friend. But there is some confusion. Pcc shows no criminality record found. And this pcc is required for country Pakistan.
Can this be a problem?
My own thinking is that CIC should be concerned about criminal record. But the name of country should not be an issue.
Wats ur opinion?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hb_rashidy said:
Hi
Can this be a problem?
Wats ur opinion?
I am not sure because I haven't encountered such a situation. Its fine if it doesn't mention anything but if it mentions a specific country and the country's name is not "Canada", then it might be an issue, IMO. Is it possible to get it re-issued with "for Canada" clause on it rather than "for Pakistan"? If I were you, I would definitely get it reissued.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am not sure because I haven't encountered such a situation. Its fine if it doesn't mention anything but if it mentions a specific country and the country's name is not "Canada", then it might be an issue, IMO. Is it possible to get it re-issued with "for Canada" clause on it rather than "for Pakistan"? If I were you, I would definitely get it reissued.
Reissuing is ...... quite impossible. Thanks for ur honest opinion.
But there r cases where ppl got pcc on their own behalf while leaving a country and then applied for inmigration after a number of years.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Then I suggest you not to submit your application now. You can either submit your application with the PCC and partial medicals for your wife (medicals except the chest X-ray) or you decline the ITA and wait until your wife has delivered and then submit the application.
Thanks for your expert opinion rajkamalmohanram.

I even thought of rejecting the invite then got worried thinking what if I don't get the ITA again after rejecting it for the first time, or possibly after multiple rejections. I am not sure if we have anyone in our forum who went through such an experience. Honestly, I find the situation a bit tricky "to submit" or "to not to submit". Are you aware of any case where candidate rejected ITA multiple times before finally accepting it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
Thanks for your expert opinion rajkamalmohanram.

I even thought of rejecting the invite then got worried thinking what if I don't get the ITA again after rejecting it for the first time, or possibly after multiple rejections. I am not sure if we have anyone in our forum who went through such an experience. Honestly, I find the situation a bit tricky "to submit" or "to not to submit". Are you aware of any case where candidate rejected ITA multiple times before finally accepting it?
You can reject your ITA as many times you want. How do you think "you can't get an ITA"? As long as you have enough points, you will keep getting ITAs in the subsequent draws.

koran

Sep 27, 2016
If one does not meet up the 67 points for FSWP can one still expect to peruse application through PNP?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koran said:
If one does not meet up the 67 points for FSWP can one still expect to peruse application through PNP?
Most provinces require you to have an EE profile (which means you must meet the 67 point criteria), but there are some provinces that have application processes outside of EE.
Read the eligibility requirements for each PNP; it briefly mentions the provinces that don't require EE profiles: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can reject your ITA as many times you want. How do you think "you can't get an ITA"? As long as you have enough points, you will keep getting ITAs in the subsequent draws.
I was checking the CIC website(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp), and it mentions under heading Declining an Invitation to Apply ,
"There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again." This statement sounds a bit scary.

Do we have anyone in our group who had to submit eAPR with letter of explanation and was granted extension by CIC to furnish medical/PCC reports? Or rejected ITA initially and received ITA later after few months.

Hardik1989

Jun 28, 2016
I AM NOT SURE , IS IT THE CORRECT THREAD TO ASK THIS QUESTION?

Hello seniors ,

I have received my AOR in July 2016. Last week I got below email Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program under the Express Entry stream.

Your registration in the Express Entry system, including a valid Express Entry number and Job Seeker Validation code, is a requirement of the Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Your Express Entry profile E00052****indicates a status of ‘no longer available for nomination’ in the Express Entry system. This status indicates that you may have accepted a nomination from another province or territory or received an invitation to apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

A status of “no longer available for nomination” means that, should the OINP approve your application, we would be unable to issue you a nomination through the Express Entry system.

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to confirm whether you have 1) received an Invitation to Apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or 2) a nomination from another province or territory, and whether or not you have accepted this invitation or nomination.

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your application.

You can respond to this letter by reply email.

If you have accepted an invitation to apply or another nomination, please notify us if you wish to withdraw you application to the OINP.

Please note that application fees are non-refundable.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Anybody know what does it mean . I have created new express entry profile two weeks ago because my GC key got revoked. I have already inform OOPNP about my new express entry profile number and job seeker code

Please advise