+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

A.B.khan

Oct 2, 2016
Hi, i read ur posts and a comprehensive report . i realy admire . i hv few questions related to E.E. Can u post ur email id here so that i can talk to in detail. I'll wait for ur prompt reply please.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.khan said:
Hi, i read ur posts and a comprehensive report . i realy admire . i hv few questions related to E.E. Can u post ur email id here so that i can talk to in detail. I'll wait for ur prompt reply please.
Who are you talking to ? There are many people in this thread.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A.B.khan said:
Well, not sure who you are referring but you can post your "detailed" questions here on the forum. It would benefit others too.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hello friends,

I raised a CSE on Aug 30 to get my communication details changed, however I haven't got the reply back yet that changes have been applied. Meanwhile, I have got the rprf req and by in progress. Should I raise another CSE?

Regards,
Aditya
No, I guess. Just pay the RPRF. They either take a LONG time to acknowledge these changes or they do not acknowledge at all. Either way, this address doesn't make a material difference to your application (nothing is sent to this address by IRCC).

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
I was looking at the bank website for documents required for opening bank account in Canada, can you help me what these documents are

IMM 1000, IMM 5292-- As I understand from various posts these are the documents handed over at the time of landing IMM 5292 is used these days while IMM 1000 used to be there before year 2002

IMM 1442, IMM 5688-- I couldn't understand what these forms are, kindly suggest how and when they will be received
istari said:
Did you try google ? Because I just googled "IMM 1442", and the very first result is a CIC page that says:
"Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document (IMM 5545)

A Verification of Status document will contain information that appeared on your original Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, Work Permit, Study Permit or other immigration documents. This document can be used when you must provide proof of historical immigration information, such as the date and place of entry to Canada.

You may obtain a VOS document outlining the pertinent historical information for the following:

Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056)
Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000)/Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
Visitor Record (IMM 1097 or IMM 1442)
Work Permit (IMM 1102 or IMM 1442)
Study Permit (IMM 1208 or IMM 1442)
Exclusion Order (IMM 1214)
Deportation Order (IMM 1215)
Departure Order (IMM 5238)
Permit to Come Into or Remain in Canada (IMM 1263)
Authorization to Return to Canada (IMM 1203)
Protected Persons"
kamy said:
Yes, I had read that but that page only mentions about the VOS application and one of the document you can ask from CIC through this application in your history is IMM 1442.
So IMM 1442 is only for visitor visa landing records, doesn't apply to us.

Regarding IMM 5688

"Use of the IMM 5688 CoPR will apply only to cases processed through GCMS. Cases initiated in Field Operations Support System (FOSS) or Computer-Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) will continue to use the current IMM 5292 version of the CoPR"

Are not all cases processed in GCMS these days?
Its very simple. You need to provide 2 pieces of identification and your SIN to open a bank account in Canada. You can use your foreign passport + the stamped COPR along with your SIN to open a bank account.

Check this page ---> http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,8824,00.html

Alternatively, you can open one even before you land and activate it after landing. Check this --->

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4285,00.html

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
No, I guess. Just pay the RPRF. They either take a LONG time to acknowledge these changes or they do not acknowledge at all. Either way, this address doesn't make a material difference to your application (nothing is sent to this address by IRCC).

Good luck!
Thanks Raj.
The CSE was about mobile number changes as well when I moved to India.
Should I still wait

Regards,
Aditya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Thanks Raj.
The CSE was about mobile number changes as well when I moved to India.
Should I still wait

Regards,
Aditya
Yes. That doesn't make a material difference as well. All communication is sent via myCIC account and PPR comes on your e-mail ID. If you have submitted a change request, you are good to go IMO. The odds are that the information you provided will be updated in your records.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi,

If a submit the eAPR with letter of explanations( I will have to provide them for my wife's PCC and medical), and IELTS score expire before I am able to submit the actual documents, will the eAPR will be deemed complete? Or, I need to give the IELTS again.

Also how is the usual validity of provincial nomination, and the expiry date of nomination is calculated- from the date nomination was given or from the date it was accepted?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
Hi,

If a submit the eAPR with letter of explanations( I will have to provide them for my wife's PCC and medical), and IELTS score expire before I am able to submit the actual documents, will the eAPR will be deemed complete? Or, I need to give the IELTS again.

Also how is the usual validity of provincial nomination, and the expiry date of nomination is calculated- from the date nomination was given or from the date it was accepted?
Your IELTS should be valid up and until the time you submit your e-APR. To be on the safer side, make sure you submit your e-APR at least one day before your IELTS expires.

Why do you have to submit a explanation letter for your wife's PCC and meds?

Nomination is valid for a period of 6 months. I am not sure whether it is valid from the date of issue or date of acceptance. I guess your nomination certificate will have that detail.

Good luck!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted eAPR in last week of Sep which also contains travel history. If I travel to US for business , does this needs to informed to CIC? If it needs to be communicated,can it delay the process?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
I have submitted eAPR in last week of Sep which also contains travel history. If I travel to US for business , does this needs to informed to CIC? If it needs to be communicated,can it delay the process?
No. You do not have to inform if it is a short trip. However, if you are going there on a long trip (4 - 6 + months), then inform them so that you will be able to send your PP to Ottawa. Alternatively, you can request a change of VO after you get PPR.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. You do not have to inform if it is a short trip. However, if you are going there on a long trip (4 - 6 + months), then inform them so that you will be able to send your PP to Ottawa. Alternatively, you can request a change of VO after you get PPR.
It will be only 1 to 2 weeks trip, so as I understand this need not be reported to CIC.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. That doesn't make a material difference as well. All communication is sent via myCIC account and PPR comes on your e-mail ID. If you have submitted a change request, you are good to go IMO. The odds are that the information you provided will be updated in your records.
Great.
Thanks a lot for your help!