+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sappy486 said:
Dear Members,

I have a query if someone could kindly answer.

Me and spouse both qualify to become primary applicants.

Can both of us become primary applicants with two applications in express entry and PNP ?
You can do that, but according to you how do you stand to gain if you go by this approach? Are you referring to PNPs where some provinces specify Occupation In Demand etc? If not, would suggest to make the person who score more as the primary applicant. However, if you still go with two profiles, once an application is in progress, you may have to close/delete the other profile as both of you are listed in the application which is under progress.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
eagleworld said:
as i am new to this forum and immigration process i have lot of questions which i want to clear and i much appreciate the efforts of people like you who are constantly helping out people........
one more question, In order to qualify for specific NOC DO somebody need job experience ..........in that field or education in that field also
i have bachelor degree in computer science but i have 8 years plus experience in NOC 2255 where as job requirement for this NOC tells 1 to 2 years college diploma in some specific courses of surveying.............is CIC consider job experience in particular NOC or they consider education as well
Generally, NOC and education are independent of each other unless and until it is a specific profession which mandates education in the same field.

AjayBejavada

May 12, 2016
Stanlee said:
Vehicle loan is a secured loan, in the event of a default, the lender has a charge on the asset. CIC is not concerned about vehicle loan, they are more concerned if the applicant has availed a loan to meet the POF requirements, which is not the case for you (since you have already maintained the required funds as FD). There is no need to mention this loan, however, if you still choose to mention it, it will not impact your application.
Thanks Stanlee for your Guidance!!
Then, I'll not keep these details in Bank Certificate!

AjayBejavada

May 12, 2016
akubilly said:
Hello,
Congrats on your nomination.
Please I need to know whether it matters if the transcript to upload is official or not official. Am also putting together documentation for SINP and the transcript I have from my school is boldly water marked "non official" Can I use this or I should go back to my university to request for official transcript?
Yes, Please do it accordingly. SINP asks for Transcripts for your highest education (You NO need to go back and submit from Schooling level)!

Secondly, in the generic form, I do not understand what they meant by "intended occupation" and "current occupation", please help me out with little explanations.
Intended Occupation - You can keep any Occupation (e.g. IT Analyst) whichever suits for your NOC.
Current Occupation - Your Role/Designation in your current Organization.

Thanks in advance.

niyukti

Aug 23, 2016
You need to get ECA and IELTS done. IELTS has a major role in boosting your CRS score. Use this calculator to see the impact that higher IELTS can have on your CRS score

In addition to the CRS score, CIC assesses federal skilled worker applications based on six selection factors.

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, the applicant will not qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker and the Express Entry profile would be ineligible

Read the first three threads.
[/quote]

I calculated my points based on CRS calc, it is 411. How fair chances are there for ITA. I have 67 points club eligibility as well. Please help me....

Thanks
Niyukti

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Documents which are needed to be uploaded in online application, they should be simply colour scanned copies of originals or CIC asks them to be notorized?

Can I upload pdf files downloaded from bank and provident fund(similar to rprf in Canada) downloaded from my account?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Documents which are needed to be uploaded in online application, they should be simply colour scanned copies of originals or CIC asks them to be notorized?
Having the documents notarised is not necessary.

Can I upload pdf files downloaded from bank and provident fund(similar to rprf in Canada) downloaded from my account?
I'm not sure about this. Downloaded bank statements may be fine, but you also need a letter from the bank, signed and stamped on company letterhead, so you might as well get an official bank statement while you're at the bank getting the letter.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
niyukti said:
You need to get ECA and IELTS done. IELTS has a major role in boosting your CRS score. Use this calculator to see the impact that higher IELTS can have on your CRS score

In addition to the CRS score, CIC assesses federal skilled worker applications based on six selection factors.

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, the applicant will not qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker and the Express Entry profile would be ineligible

Read the first three threads.

I calculated my points based on CRS calc, it is 411. How fair chances are there for ITA. I have 67 points club eligibility as well. Please help me....

Thanks
Niyukti
Under Express Entry, there are 3 ways to get Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR.

1. Direct ITA - Based on your CRS score. If your score is 480 and above (based on the last few invites), you can get direct ITA. Once you get an invite you need to submit an electronic application for PR (eAPR). The whole process takes about 6 months. Check these links to know more.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

2. Provincial Nominee Program - If your CRS score does not qualify to receive direct ITA, you should apply for provincial nomination and if the province nominates you, 600 points will be added to your current CRS making your score go above 480 which will make you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation. Once you get an invitation, you need to go through the process mentioned in point 1 above. PNP will take around 6 months followed by 6 months for ITA and subsequent processes.

3. LMIA Backed Job Offer - Another option to increase your CRS to get ITA is to get a job offer which is LMIA positive. This will add 600 points to your current CRS making your score go above 480 which will make you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation.Once you get an invitation, you need to go through the process mentioned in point 1 above. LMIA might take up to 2- 3 months followed by 6 months for ITA and subsequent processes.

Document Requirements - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Based on your score, PNP is the way to go as the chances getting an LMIA job offer while you are outside Canada is ver less. Check this link to know about PNP http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html