+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY FOR NURSES

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
Hi Dale

Thanks for that valuable information. I shall fill out the NNAS now and join some recruitment agencies. Its a long haul i guess, Can you tell me when you applied to NNAS and how long do they think it will take to verify your qualifications? So basically if we get a ITA, we still wouldn't be able to work as a nurse until quite a while I'm guessing.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Ceecee11 said:
Hi Dale

Thanks for that valuable information. I shall fill out the NNAS now and join some recruitment agencies. Its a long haul i guess, Can you tell me when you applied to NNAS and how long do they think it will take to verify your qualifications? So basically if we get a ITA, we still wouldn't be able to work as a nurse until quite a while I'm guessing.
Couple months max I think depending on what they require from you. Example, some persons require IELTS academic, whereas others wouldn't. I applied to NNAS on the 3rd of February 2015. Status changed to "Ready for Review" on the 31st of March 2015. They have a 15 business day period to verify each document that comes into their mail room before adjusting your status on your application which kinda makes the process longer than it could have been. They require:
1. Employer verification for every employer you have had in the last 5 years
2. School documents from your university
3. License verification and registration from where you are authorized to practice
4. Proof of identity documents
5. English test (if applicable)

** points 1-3 should be sent directly from issuing institution.
You can select multiple provinces to apply to; one is included in the $650 but you can add others for $55 each.

They take approximately 2 months to complete the evaluation, the clock starts from the day they received the last document into the mail room. You can then apply to the provinces you've selected AFTER the NNAS evaluation is completed. THe processing time varies for each province and it depends if they require bridging courses to be done.

YouTaka

Mar 25, 2015
htcjmd,
it is harder to get permanent status as a nurse with a bachelor's degree here in US than it is in Canada. Besides, it's just something about Canada, my parents wanted to move to Canada when I was little, and we have some friends who actually did and they like it a lot, so..

kewl,
I got enough for just one person, >17,000

fpnc2983,
That's the problem. I don't have a score, it just says ineligible. Can I register with the Job Bank before I get a score?
or I need to keep working on "Canadian certificate of qualification" and get my Canadian license first,
I don't know what I am doing wrong

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
In my case, applied to cno in april 2012 ....told me to do additonal requirement which was to appear for the exam OSCE.....no dates were available in 2013 so gave in Jan 2014 ( yes i came all the way to Toronto to give this exam). As i knew by may 2014 they told me i still lack few competencies......which can only be covered by doing additional course in canada.....now problem is that to enroll for those courses u need to be permanent resident.

i applied for fsw last year ...my file returned due to some errors..... (something is pulling me going to canada). I also applied for rpn eligiblity and got it in 3 months so now i have eligibility to write rpn which i plan to do in september 2015 (on tourist visa). I have contacted many agencies nobody seem to of any help....

if you guys know any of the agencies please let me know too..........hope to get an ITA soon ...neeed it so badd!!!!

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YouTaka said:
Hello everybody!
I have an issue with the whole thing, I feel like I just didn't do my EE right.
I am an RN. Educated and currently employed in US, got almost two years of experience. I got WES assessment, took both "G" and "A" parts of IELTS, submitted all my info, but it says "ineligible"
I also have everything submitted to NNAS, waiting on the report

I don't have a Canadian job offer and I can't get into Job Bank, Job match thing.
My problem is the Job Bank, I think.
How do I get a Validation code?
I need help
did you pass the mark for FSW 67 out of 100?
here is a guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

YouTaka

Mar 25, 2015
fpnc2983 said:
did you pass the mark for FSW 67 out of 100?
Thank you so much for the link you've provided! I got exactly 67, but if I am just one point off... I will double-triple check my application. I must've made a mistake somewhere

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
Have you all filled your ee profiles?

I am wondering in case of education should we select bachelors degree option or the option that says masters degree or professions requiring license to practice.

It does make a difference in points.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Would it be possible to get an ITA and can received a VISA after validation for nurses who are not yet in Canada and not yet registered in Canada?

As far as I know, you need to be registered as a nurse in Canada to be able to work as a nurse, and you can get an ITA and received a PR visa thru Express Entry even though you are not yet registered in Canada. Am I correct with this?

JudeKK

Sep 3, 2020
Hi. NNAS is for licensure and registration as a nurse in Canada. You have to register with them, pay the fee $650usd and fill out the application forms. They will inform you of the documents you need to send to them. For example, documents to prove your identity, documents from your employer, licensing body and school. They will assess them and let you know if your education is either not comparable, somewhat comparable or comparable to Canadian standards. Then you apply to the individual province and they instruct you further. My file is currently being assessed. Where are you from Ceecee11?
Hello,
I am a nurse not based in Canada, I have done research on NNAS and what they need for nurses. What I was wondering, help me please if you know something about this. If I send my papers to NNAS and they said my education is comparable to Canadian standards, does this means that I am registered as a nurse in Canada? or does this mean that I am eligible to contact a province, send them documents, I can do the NCLEX, and after that, I would be registered as a nurse in Canada?
Thank you for your help.
Best Wishes