+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for NOC 0111,1111,1112,1114 & 1212

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please note that unfortunately the 'CA' does not count as a qualification for CRS purposes. It is a 'professional designation' (not a Certificate or a Diploma). I got my Bachelors Degree ECA and I listed my CA qualification but did not get points for it. For summary I selected 'Bachelors Degree 3 years or more...' as I have the ECA and you are supposed to select the category supported by your ECA for your highest qualification.

As I said I did not get points for it but listed it anyway for full disclosure. Hope I did the right thing. I also think in order for them to exclude the Work Experience points during study the 'study' and the 'Work' must be mutually exclusive. As anyone who has done the CA will tell you, this is not the case. Hence work experience during taking the CA is counted in my opinion.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Please note that unfortunately the 'CA' does not count as a qualification for CRS purposes. It is a 'professional designation' (not a Certificate or a Diploma). I got my Bachelors Degree ECA and I listed my CA qualification but did not get points for it. For summary I selected 'Bachelors Degree 3 years or more...' as I have the ECA and you are supposed to select the category supported by your ECA for your highest qualification.

As I said I did not get points for it but listed it anyway for full disclosure. Hope I did the right thing. I also think in order for them to exclude the Work Experience points during study the 'study' and the 'Work' must be mutually exclusive. As anyone who has done the CA will tell you, this is not the case. Hence work experience during taking the CA is counted in my opinion.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Sorry but you're wrong. At the end of your studies and work exp requirements you actually get a certificate/diploma...in Australia, the certificate is called a GradDipCA - ie. It is a Diploma.

The ECA from WES or any other institution doesn't give you the points! You effectively self assess your points by listing the criteria that most applies to you. In this case, the CA 110% enables you to select "two or more degrees".

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply. Per the information contained in this link, you can't self assess. To get any CRS points for any foreign qualification you need an ECA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if:

you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry, and
you are a principal applicant, and
you got your education outside Canada, or
you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for your foreign education
for yourself as an Express Entry candidate, or
for your spouse or common-law partner coming with you to Canada.
To be eligible under a) or to get points under b) you must include ECA results as part of your Express Entry profile.

VindyCan

Mar 7, 2016
Hi,

I have done Bsc in Physics (3 years course) and then Diploma in Management (MBA equivalent with specialization in Finance, 2 year course) and also got the CFA charter. But it is disappointing that only my BSc will be considered by WES and I stand a low probability of getting 400+ points!!!!

WES considers MBA from the numerous Indian universities valid (where it is so easy to get admission and has low value in the job sector here), but PGDM from a top B-School in India is not considered? And CFA...the so called gold standard in investment management is not valued? So unfair....why is WES/CIC following this archaic system?

I have 12 years of experience in credit appraisal, equity research and portfolio management. My wife is a BCom degree holder. I expect CLB-9 or 10 for IELTS. Is there any chance for me? I mean any chance of getting those 600 points through job offers? Has anyone received job offers through the visa pool/job bank route? Do companies have any restrictions in using the visa pool for recruitments....I mean any rules that they prove they tries their best for getting a candidate from the PR holders first etc?

I am sorry if this topic is covered elsewhere...I am new here, would appreciate any pointers to some other thread.

Thank you and all the best to everyone here

VindyCan

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VindyCan said:
Hi,

I have done Bsc in Physics (3 years course) and then Diploma in Management (MBA equivalent with specialization in Finance, 2 year course) and also got the CFA charter. But it is disappointing that only my BSc will be considered by WES and I stand a low probability of getting 400+ points!!!!

WES considers MBA from the numerous Indian universities valid (where it is so easy to get admission and has low value in the job sector here), but PGDM from a top B-School in India is not considered? And CFA...the so called gold standard in investment management is not valued? So unfair....why is WES/CIC following this archaic system?

I have 12 years of experience in credit appraisal, equity research and portfolio management. My wife is a BCom degree holder. I expect CLB-9 or 10 for IELTS. Is there any chance for me? I mean any chance of getting those 600 points through job offers? Has anyone received job offers through the visa pool/job bank route? Do companies have any restrictions in using the visa pool for recruitments....I mean any rules that they prove they tries their best for getting a candidate from the PR holders first etc?

I am sorry if this topic is covered elsewhere...I am new here, would appreciate any pointers to some other thread.

VindyCan
tats surprising.. CFA should hav been considered..
I am doing CMA (IMA) wondering would tat be considered....

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
VindyCan said:
Hi,

VindyCan
Hi VindyCan,

Did you already have your credentials assessed? Before you jump to any conclusions, do the eligibility test and consider the possible scenarios http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

The CFA is very well recognized in Canada, but that's not an education credential for immigration purposes. When you create your Job Bank profile, the CFA, CPA and other designations are listed in a different section.

I'm inclined to believe that financial positions are easier to fill with inside candidates as there's always enough supply. Given how quickly the financial industry moves, I'm not sure any company can afford to wait more than a couple of months to fill a spot. Having said that, don't let it be an obstacle!

Good luck!

Serge

akhilesh2209

Mar 3, 2016
Hi Serge,

You said when you create your EE profile, the CFA, CPA and other designations are listed in a different section. Can you tell which section is that. I'm a CFA holder as well but couldn't find where I could add that qualification. I've put my MBA and have received points for that.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
akhilesh2209 said:
Hi Serge,

You said when you create your EE profile, the CFA, CPA and other designations are listed in a different section. Can you tell which section is that. I'm a CFA holder as well but couldn't find where I could add that qualification. I've put my MBA and have received points for that.
Sorry akhilesh,

Got things mixed up. That section is on your Job Bank profile, not EE. In any case, those certifications do not count towards the CRS score. What they accomplish, however, is giving you a certain advantage when applying for jobs.

I'll amend my comment.

Cheers,

Serge

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Is anyone belonging to the NOC 1114 group here? Curious to know how visa processing is with this job group.

saintman

Jul 4, 2016
Hello,

I am chartered accountant via ACCA route plus also have B.Sc Hons and approx more than 6 years of experience in both audit and accountancy field.

When i go for the assessment under the code 1111 its results into ineligible every time :(.

I had ILETS with overall score 6.5.

I also have my brother who is living there since 2010, he will be benefitial for me or not ?

Can you guide me the proper way for the assessment and opening of profile.

Thanks,

Wahab

milind2411

Jul 18, 2016
Beancounter said:
@pziegler1986: Yes I'm showing my degree and accountancy qualification separately for 128 points.

I emailed CIC (not expecting a response) about what to populate in
- Level of Education
- Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent shown on the report)

based on
- 3 year Bachelors Degree - WES assessed as 4 year Bachelor’s degree
- 3 year Chartered Accountant qualification - WES assessed as 3 year Bachelor’s degree

CIC replied (three weeks later!) saying "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report."

@ Nikhil89: In the same email to CIC I asked "Work history: Can I enter any of the experience during my 3 year Chartered Accountancy training contract?". CIC replied with the following: "No, work performed before graduating does not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational/training program" so I left those 3 years out of work history.
Hi @pziegler1986 and other members of this forum I am also having the same degrees that you have with one more addition to it

I am a CA (instutute of chartered accounts from india)
B.com (Gujarat University)
Llb (Gujarat University)

What do you suggest as to which credentials I should get assessed since I believe there is lot of confusion over we can gain maximun points while getting our CA degree assessed with WES.

Can I get my B.com and Llb degrees assessed (LLB is 2 year course my B.com) if yes than while applying for the EE can I select 2 or more degrees to get maximum points.

You also mentioned that WES is asking for the following "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report".....

What do you mean by this. Can you please help me with this so that I can send it right away at the time of my initial assessment to save sometime.

Thanks in advance.

Your help will be highly appreciated

milind2411

Jul 18, 2016
Hi @pziegler1986 I am also having the same degrees that you have with one more addition to it

I am a CA (instutute of chartered accounts from india)
B.com (Gujarat University)
Llb (Gujarat University)

What do you suggest as to which credentials I should get assessed since I believe there is lot of confusion over we can gain maximun points while getting our CA degree assessed with WES.

Can I get my B.com and Llb degrees assessed (LLB is 2 year course my B.com) if yes than while applying for the EE can I select 2 or more degrees to get maximum points.

You also mentioned that WES is asking for the following "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report".....

What do you mean by this. Can you please help me with this so that I can send it right away at the time of my initial assessment to save sometime.

Thanks in advance.

Your help will be highly appreciated

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Senior,

I need you to confirm that if I only have an accounting diploma (not bachelor), am I eligible to apply through EE under NOC 1111 (skill level A) ? As per my understanding, a bachelor's degree is an employment requirement in Canada, it doesn't mean the education requirement for applying the PR. Because CIC said: "Skill Level A — professional jobs. People usually need a degree from a university for these jobs." So I think as long as the duties matches, a diploma suffices, am I correct?