NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
ashcse said:
Very good day !!!

Kindly guide me for FSW Express Entry with the below details.

Name - Ashwin Balasubramani
Age - 26
Nationality - India
Country of residence - India
Martial Status - Single
Study - Bachelor's degree - Computer Science (4 Academic Years)
Work exp - 4.5+ years (In India only)

IELTS - General Training
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Speaking - 6.0
Writing - 6.0

I have 2 of my close friends who are holding a PR currently. They both are living in ontario.

I have checked with some of my local consultancy contractors at my place. But they said that I score only 65 out of 100 in which I am not eligible for applying in FSW express entry. The minimum criteria is 67.

Kindly let me know with all the details above whether I am eligible enough to apply for FSW express entry and also let me know if I am eligible for any provincial nominee program.

If in case I am not eligible kindly suggest me some ideas so that I can work on and try my best to achieve for this PR status.

Go with the Link ... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
not with the consultant... who grab ur money very politely....

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbrs2010 said:
It is so surprising. How many of people in this thread have done CA after BCom? Technically a degree is considered when it is done on full-time basis. B.Com and CA are mostly overlapping in tenure and hence not considered separate. If there is anyone who has done it one after the other and still got same WES report then we can look at other possibilities.
Don't know where you did your CA but in Australia and many other countries, having completed a BCom is a requirement to enter the CA program.

flakies

Jul 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I have 2 questions to ask.

1. As an ACCA affiliate who studied for the qualification in my home country, I hope it will be correct to indicate my home country as the country of study?(since if I indicate UK, it might be misunderstood to mean that I was living in the UK while studying for this).

2. Since I was studying for the ACCA qualification while working, I have indicated the mode of study as part time, I hope this is okay too.

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
flakies said:
Hi everyone, I have 2 questions to ask.

1. As an ACCA affiliate who studied for the qualification in my home country, I hope it will be correct to indicate my home country as the country of study?(since if I indicate UK, it might be misunderstood to mean that I was living in the UK while studying for this).

2. Since I was studying for the ACCA qualification while working, I have indicated the mode of study as part time, I hope this is okay too.

This is exactly how I presented it as I have seen someone here get rejected becuz they didnt submit a pcc for london studies when in fact it was distance study. I also selected part time. However I used the number of years on the eca as years of study. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

flakies

Jul 23, 2014
abyurla said:
Guys,
My WES assessment came as

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: XXXXXXXX
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: XXXXX
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of XXXXXX
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study

What does this mean for my EE profile, can i select the Master's degree OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession? ??? :-\
In my opinion, I don't think you can select either, I think it should be 2 or more certificates/degrees with one being at least 3 years.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Hi Everyone,

Did any one got LMIA under FSW? not CEC...!

I mean any body got an job offer from out side of the canada..! not like landing on WP and applying for PR.

Thx

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thank you

I thought i could select 2 or more but i'm unsure since the 2nd assessment doesn't bear the word "certificate or degree", i mean they wrote "professional study" and make it sound like maybe i didn't write or pass any exams. I've written WES and complained, my file is currently under review. I'm waiting with bated breath

flakies said:
In my opinion, I don't think you can select either, I think it should be 2 or more certificates/degrees with one being at least 3 years.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
pziegler1986 said:
Would have thought it was pretty much not possible to get a LMIA for these NOCs

I agreed with you and my opinion also same.

for which NOC you applied?

CPRaspirant

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone ,

Any body who has selected two or more degrees in their CIC Profile( Bcom + CA) and got the BG verification done, Please Confirm the CIC stand on the same .

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BComm + CA is clearly two degrees (qualifications) - WES should reflect this - if they don't then they are wrong (as I had to point out to them)

As long as your ECA spells this out - two separate qualifications then you are absolutely entitled to claim the 'two or more degrees' option.

I just got my PPR the other day via FSW so clearly, CIC stance is that if ECA shows two separate degrees/qualifications then you are entitled to select this.

CPRaspirant

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:
BComm + CA is clearly two degrees (qualifications) - WES should reflect this - if they don't then they are wrong (as I had to point out to them)

As long as your ECA spells this out - two separate qualifications then you are absolutely entitled to claim the 'two or more degrees' option.

I just got my PPR the other day via FSW so clearly, CIC stance is that if ECA shows two separate degrees/qualifications then you are entitled to select this.
Hi ,

Congratulations for PPR , It clearly means that CIC has considered both the qualifications and awarded you points for Two or more degrees .

Request you to share your ECA report containing both Summary and detailed sections so that i can compare mine with the same .

harryk90

Dec 9, 2015
Hi,

I recently got my evaluation done by WES for the following degrees:-
1. Bachelor of Commerce - Madurai Kamaraj University (India)
2. Bachelor of Science in Applied Accounting - Oxford Brookes University (UK)

In the WES report, each degree individually has been stated to be equivalent to a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree. But in the summary on top, it states "Bachelors Degree (4 years)". I was hoping to see "Two or more degrees" in the summary section so I could apply under that category for Express Entry.

FYI, I also have done my ACCA (UK) which I did not submit for evaluation since Oxford Brookes covers the ACCA coursework too.

Can anyone tell me if I should get my WES report updated? Or can I go ahead & apply under the "Two or more degrees" category for Express Entry?

Thanks!
Harry

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryk90 said:
Hi,

I recently got my evaluation done by WES for the following degrees:-
1. Bachelor of Commerce - Madurai Kamaraj University (India)
2. Bachelor of Science in Applied Accounting - Oxford Brookes University (UK)

In the WES report, each degree individually has been stated to be equivalent to a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree. But in the summary on top, it states "Bachelors Degree (4 years)". I was hoping to see "Two or more degrees" in the summary section so I could apply under that category for Express Entry.

FYI, I also have done my ACCA (UK) which I did not submit for evaluation since Oxford Brookes covers the ACCA coursework too.

Can anyone tell me if I should get my WES report updated? Or can I go ahead & apply under the "Two or more degrees" category for Express Entry?

Thanks!
Harry
You won't see the 'two or more degrees' that's just a CIC category, nothing to do with WES. The summary line from WES will only state your highest qualification - you are absolutely entitled to select the 'two or more degrees' category in your EE profile.