Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
pragna812 said:
HELLO

i have completed my CA by more than 2 attempts in each level ..so in that case
1.from **(year in which i cleared my cpt) to **(year in which i finally cleared my final CA) - is that right??
2.how many years should be written in Completed/ Full Academic Years?

is transcript reqd for fail attempts also?

thanx in advance
I do not think that, WES will do evaluation for Indian (for the matter any CA) CA as it is a separate Board not an university. So better check with Canadian CA board(now it is CPA). and if u still confused better shoot out a email to CIC they will guide u.

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Guys,
My WES assessment came as

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: XXXXXXXX
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: XXXXX
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of XXXXXX
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study

What does this mean for my EE profile, can i select the Master's degree OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession? ??? :-\

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
I think you should create two rows for each educational assessment in your EE profile selecting Bachelors degree, in order to get the points for 2 or more degrees, your assessment has no issues in my opinion.

Nikhil89 said:
Hello Everybody,

I can see that there are differences in opinion when it comes to claiming points for WES assessment, as most of us are having 2 different degrees yet our assessment shows Bachelors Degree (4 years) for most of us.

Now regarding this I emailed my concern to WES :
Question : Hi, My CANADIAN equivalency summary is shown as 4 years I don''t understand as to why it''s not showing as ( 2 or more degrees with one being more than 2 years) Since I have done my WES assessment for the sole purpose of Canadian immigration and due to the incorrect degree classification my points are significantly decreased
1. I have a bachelors degree (assessed as 4 years)
2. I have a CA degree (assessed as 3 years bachelor's) Since these are 2 different degrees independently why my summary says Bachelor''s degree 4 years It is my humble request to update the Canadian equivalency to 2 or more degrees with one being more than 3 years and issue me an updated report

WES Reply : This is in response to your recent communication regarding the evaluation completed on March 27, 2015.

The report has been reviewed and we ave concluded that there are no errors in the report and that the equivalency
statement for your credentials is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made to the evaluation report.

Our reports are based on current research in the field of International and comparative education. Opinions on the
equivalencies for study completed outside Canada differ widely. In establishing equivalencies, we employ a number of clearly defined criteria.
Not only does this include the length of program but also the level, scope and intent of the program and the relative standing of the institution

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

So effectively, the status of my report stands unchanged.

Now as to why I am convinced that I have to select the option Bachelor's degree (120 points) and not 2 or more degrees (128 points)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

If you select the option Bachelor's Degree option from the above link , you get the following :
Bachelor's degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:

College Diploma (three years)
Diploma (three years)
Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Bachelor's Degree
Applied Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (three years)
Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]

If you select : 2 or more degrees ,

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

When finding this in the CIC website I reached the conclusion that my WES assessment means I can claim "Bachelor's degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" unfortunately.

Thanks Nikhil .

Note: Has anybody got a confirmation from CIC stating otherwise, If yes, how did you get it . Can you share the details so that we can proceed to get the same.

Nishtha

Feb 23, 2015
Hi nikhil89
Even I have a B.com degree along with C.A degree from India.
I got 128 points for education for the 2 degrees both being considered as bachelor degress by WES.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Can anyone please help me understand acquiring of proof of eligibility from regulatory body???

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
How about my assessment? What do you think?
quote author=Nishtha link=topic=264127.msg4528577#msg4528577 date=1438669396]
Hi nikhil89
I got 128 points for education for the 2 degrees both being considered as bachelor degress by WES.
[/quote]

pragna812

Apr 14, 2015
hello

i have a b.com degree along with ca and law degree from india

my canadian equivalency summary says: bachelor degree (four years) and bachelor of law/juris doctor

so in ee profile for:
1. law degree should two or more degree ... or doctorate level be selected??
2. CA degree how many completed/full academic years should b written?? (since i have cleared each level by more than 1 attempt)

for CA degree -is transcript required for fail attempts also??

kindly reply

thanx

Nishtha said:
Hi nikhil89

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
I have a bachelors degree assessed as 4years and an ACCA designation assessed as 3 year bachelor. I chose the 2 or more option and got 119 points. I sent a case specific enquiry since the ECA table did not show 2 degrees as an option and was advised that I was able to choose the appropriate option to match my qulaifications.

good luck! BTW this topic has been cicrculating for quite some months! can we get a feedback from someone who has already received ITA and have the same credentials so we can put the matter to rest?

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hello Everybody,

Thank you all for your replies..

There are still difference of opinions on the group :/ Unfortunately, possibility that still nobody has got their confirmation from CIC - Post receipt of ITA and submission of their documents.

I had another question, CIC states that if you are applying for FSW you can consider your internship as work experience (What I intend to ask here is can we claim points for our articleship ?) wrt to Indian CA's

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhil89 said:
Hello Everybody,

Thank you all for your replies..

There are still difference of opinions on the group :/ Unfortunately, possibility that still nobody has got their confirmation from CIC - Post receipt of ITA and submission of their documents.

I had another question, CIC states that if you are applying for FSW you can consider your internship as work experience (What I intend to ask here is can we claim points for our articleship ?) wrt to Indian CA's

Thanks
That should be possible. The only thing to bear in mind is that you can't claim 2 simultaneous full-time activities. If that period is being claimed as full-time education, you can only claim part-time experience and vice versa. Of course, you can claim 2 simultaneous part-time activities.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi Nishtha,

You have claimed points for 2 or more degrees with one being more than 3 years ?

If you don't mind can you please share your WES Report Summary, as in what have the WES mentioned .

Nishtha

Feb 23, 2015
Hi nikhil89
my b.com degree was assessed for 3 years.
my ca degree was assessed for 4 years by WES.
all the data for b.com was sent directly by the university to wes and for my ca, i received a sealed packet from icai which my consultant sent directly to wes without opening it.

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nishtha,

Which field did you select while creating your CIC profile?

I had my B Com assessed as 4 years bachelor's and CA as 3 years bachelor's.

While creating my profile, I created separate fields for B Com and CA. In the field where it asks for WES ECA assessment, I entered bachelor's degree for the both fields i.e. in line with WES assessment.

I got only 112 points and not 119 points (since I am married).

Nishtha

Feb 23, 2015
Hi PR1988,
Sorry i checked again n its 4 years for b.com degree and 3 years for C.A degree. I hav got 128 points as i 'm single n these are 2 separate degrees.

ashcse

Jul 7, 2015
Very good day !!!

Kindly guide me for FSW Express Entry with the below details.

Name - Ashwin Balasubramani
Age - 26
Nationality - India
Country of residence - India
Martial Status - Single
Study - Bachelor's degree - Computer Science (4 Academic Years)
Work exp - 4.5+ years (In India only)

IELTS - General Training
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Speaking - 6.0
Writing - 6.0

I have 2 of my close friends who are holding a PR currently. They both are living in ontario.

I have checked with some of my local consultancy contractors at my place. But they said that I score only 65 out of 100 in which I am not eligible for applying in FSW express entry. The minimum criteria is 67.

Kindly let me know with all the details above whether I am eligible enough to apply for FSW express entry and also let me know if I am eligible for any provincial nominee program.

If in case I am not eligible kindly suggest me some ideas so that I can work on and try my best to achieve for this PR status.