+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for NOC 0111,1111,1112,1114 & 1212

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beancounter said:
@ pziegler1986: Yes I'm showing my degree and accountancy qualification separately for 128 points.

I emailed CIC (not expecting a response) about what to populate in
- Level of Education
- Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent shown on the report)

based on
- 3 year Bachelors Degree - WES assessed as 4 year Bachelor's degree
- 3 year Chartered Accountant qualification - WES assessed as 3 year Bachelor's degree

CIC replied (three weeks later!) saying "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report."

@ Nikhil89: In the same email to CIC I asked "Work history: Can I enter any of the experience during my 3 year Chartered Accountancy training contract?". CIC replied with the following: "No, work performed before graduating does not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational/training program" so I left those 3 years out of work history.
Interesting - WES assessed my Bachelor's degree as a 3 year Canadian equivalent and my CA as a 4 year Canadian equivalent "in conjunction" with my Bachelor's degree...so I'm a bit confused as to how to proceed with this - I initially thought they were assessed as two separate credentials but now I'm worried that WES ultimately assessed them as one credential (which frankly, is absurd)...still a bit uncertain on how to treat this.

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ pziegler1986: Not sure if it helps but below is a copy of my WES report. Initially I was apprehensive about claiming 128 points due to the first section stating 'Canadian Equivalent Summary bachelors degree four years'. After receiving the following response from CIC via email I felt comfortable claiming these separately for 128 points "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report".

How long does the GradDipCA take (including work experience component and excluding anything from your bachelors)? I imagine it's similar to the UK ICAEW ACA program and takes around three years so it would be absurd if WES has assessed both degree and GradDipCA as one credential. WES could have made a mistake however. WES definitely need to improve their reports.

I don't know what to suggest with regard to what to populate in your EE profile. Perhaps drop an email to WES asking for clarification about the report (via 'contact us' on their website)? I sent them a message asking for clarification on something on 18th Feb and got a reply on 19th Mar which seems like a long time but isn't when we're having infrequent EE draws.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: University of Liverpool
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Geography
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Member
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
Remarks: The rank of membership was attained following a professional
education program validated by examination and required practical
training

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi Friends,

I have a question related to these NOC. Is anybody around who has done C.A. (Charted Accountant) from India and has claimed points in Educational Credentials section. My wife is a C.A. and is applying along with me as secondary applicant. So, was curious to know if I can claim some points for her C.A. credential?

Thanks in advance!!

rayhan0701

Apr 13, 2011
sidbh1980 said:
Hi Everybody,

I have just applied for NOC 1112.

I am a CFA charterholder with ~10 years of relevant experience in Asset Management. My IELTS band was 8.5 overall.

Does anyone here know whether the CFA charter has any additional value in Canada????? Also, I found it weird that WES does not recognize CFA and does not give points for the same.....

Best Regards,
Sid

I don't you need any assessment for CFA designation. It's international professional degree and canada recognizes it.
I am planning to apply under NOC 1112. I am currently working as a Financial Analyst in a Credit Rating Company.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beancounter said:
@ pziegler1986: Not sure if it helps but below is a copy of my WES report. Initially I was apprehensive about claiming 128 points due to the first section stating 'Canadian Equivalent Summary bachelors degree four years'. After receiving the following response from CIC via email I felt comfortable claiming these separately for 128 points "You may submit evidence of more than one completed educational credential as shown in your ECA report".

How long does the GradDipCA take (including work experience component and excluding anything from your bachelors)? I imagine it's similar to the UK ICAEW ACA program and takes around three years so it would be absurd if WES has assessed both degree and GradDipCA as one credential. WES could have made a mistake however. WES definitely need to improve their reports.

I don't know what to suggest with regard to what to populate in your EE profile. Perhaps drop an email to WES asking for clarification about the report (via 'contact us' on their website)? I sent them a message asking for clarification on something on 18th Feb and got a reply on 19th Mar which seems like a long time but isn't when we're having infrequent EE draws.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Awarded by: University of Liverpool
Major/Specialization: Geography

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Member
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Remarks: The rank of membership was attained following a professional
education program validated by examination and required practical
training
@ Beancounter

This is an extract of my WES Report

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential: Bachelor Degree
Awarded by: RMIT University

Credential: Graduate Diploma
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia - NSW
Major/Specialization: Chartered Accounting
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see #1, above)

Well, well - it looks like they've completely bollocksed this one. The GradDipCA is identical to what you describe for UK ICAEW ACA, in that it takes around three years to complete with both examinations and practical experience required to become eligible for admission as a member of the Institute.

Judging by the remarks in your WES ECA vs the remark contained in mine, it looks like WES has treated my Chartered Accountants program as some sort of extension of my Bachelor's degree which is just plain wrong.

Problem is - I just received an ITA from the latest draw under the premise of the 128 points - I really need to get into contact with WES and question this credential.

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Nikhil89: Maybe we are slightly confused with what each other is saying, my fault! :) Have copied your comments and added my thoughts...

What I read under the hsrdc website for NOC1111 they had mentioned that articleship is considered. Nonetheless , I will read once again and try to understand what it says exactly.
The hsrdc website covers the duties and employment requirements required to qualify under NOC1111. I think I got confused and thought you were asking about what could be populated in the 'work history' section of the EE profile.

Also, while u fill up your EE profile which NOC to choose one which matches your qualifications or the one which matches your job profile .
since at my present not considering my training of 3.5 years (1.5 years before my b.com graduation and 2 years after my b.com graduation) , I have MIS analyst experience in a bank and i don't think that fits into 1111 but my CA qualification matches 1111 NOC
Really not sure about this and would welcome other peoples' input. It appears as if you have two options but I could be wrong...a) apply under NOC1111 but not show any work experience related to that NOC and thus get less points or b) apply under the NOC related to the MIS analyst role and show your work history related to that thus getting extra points. I think it's possible to include all education history regardless of whether it relates to the NOC being applied for??

Can you please provide me with the cic email id
I cannot post links (but know it's possible as see other people do it). Have modified the address...just remove the spaces
https: / / dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca / enquiries-renseignements / canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

also when you mean graduation, is it all right to consider your post b.com articleship experience to take into account
Hmmm I'm not sure as not familiar with the terminology used in your country...when you say 'post b.com articleship experience'...does that work count towards getting your accountancy qualification or is that work done after you've qualified?
CIC used the word ‘graduation’ in their email reply, and by that I think they mean ‘qualifying as an accountant’. My understanding of that email is that any work done in order to qualify as an accountant would be considered education/training and not be eligible for inclusion in the 'work history' section of the EE profile (otherwise it would be double counting!). Any work done for the same company after getting your accountancy qualification would be eligible for inclusion as work history.

Also, have you had your ECA done yet?

Hope this helps :)

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ pziegler1986: WES have definitely screwed up.

This can be resolved. WES just need to be shown what the correct answer is and why.

I'm at a loss of what to say...I would be fuming!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beancounter said:
@ pziegler1986: WES have definitely screwed up.

This can be resolved. WES just need to be shown what the correct answer is and why.

I'm at a loss of what to say...I would be fuming!
That's the million dollar question? How? These guys are also notoriously slow when it comes to answering queries - I tried to call and get them to answer their logic on the phone and the agent told me that this cannot be done over the phone. Very, very frustrating.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi Bean counter ,

Really appreciate your reply , and like the way you have broken up my looonnggg queries :)

Regarding my ECA report , I had submitted my report on the 4th of Jan'15 , It was evaluated and they considered my Bcom as 4 years Bachelors (Major : Accounting) as far as my CA Is concerned there is an additional requirement which I submitted on the 24th of Feb'15 , now the expected date for my Final ECA report is showing as 15th Apr'15 :'(

But, one thing to note here is that , my friend and myself got our CA docs assessed together , they issued him a report for his CA considering it as (2 years Diploma ), nothing written in remarks or so whatsoever. It very weird why did they ask additional degree certificate for me to be submitted .

Anyways have done that now just staying put for the next 3 weeks , I am not filing my profile until I have the final ECA report in my hand ..

Thanks

sajid378

Mar 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, please help if I am eligible for catagory (2 or more certificates, diploma or degree one should be 3 year or more).

Below is my ECA report.

Credential: Higher Secondary Certificate
Year: 2003
Awarded by: Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Karachi
Major/Specialization: Science Stream
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Commerce
Year: 2005
Awarded by: University of Karachi
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years)

3. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2009
Awarded by: University of Karachi
Major/Specialization: Economics
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with
study previously completed (see#2, above).

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership
Year: 2010
Awarded by: Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
AgentC said:
Hi Friends,

I have a question related to these NOC. Is anybody around who has done C.A. (Charted Accountant) from India and has claimed points in Educational Credentials section. My wife is a C.A. and is applying along with me as secondary applicant. So, was curious to know if I can claim some points for her C.A. credential?

Thanks in advance!!
YES, you do not need to send to WES for credentials, but you have to send to Canadian Chartered Accounting board to analyze equivalence of Indian CA. this you can send directly to them.

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
hI
I need some help. I have been given a score 112 for education after submitted bachelor in finance and acca which is assessed by wes as equivalent to a canadian degree. Based on the crs tool, I expected my score to be 119. Can someone please tell me how to contact cic by email to query this. Both credentials were done n one reprot by wes. I wouldnhave lost 32 points in all.

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ allly081: Did WES assess your bachelor degree and ACCA as equivalent to one Canadian bachelors degree or two separate bachelors degrees? In your post it reads as if WES assessed as one degree?

In terms of answering your question, to claim two degrees in the EE profile it sounds like you just need to tweak the info entered in the system. For each education credential there are two boxes to complete for level of education.

1. "Level of Education": Info input here doesn't seem to alter the EE score. I don't if it's the right way to do it (and someone please tell me if I've done it wrong) but I put "Bachelor's degree" here
2. "Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent shown on the report)": Info input here alters the EE score. I selected "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" here because that's what I think my WES report shows.

If you still need it here's the online form I used to email CIC. Have modified the address...just remove the spaces
https: / / dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca / enquiries-renseignements / canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
@ Beancounter
Actually WES submitted a 2 page report listing:
1. Bachelor of Finance - Canadian equivalency (bachelors degree 4years)
2. ACCA credential - Canadian equivalency (bachelors degree 3 years)

I take your previous points. it makes a whole lotta sense and I am thinking maybe this is how it really should be presented. Especially since i would have chosen the category "2 or more post secondary degrees.." when doing the ranking to determine the score. Thanks a lot. I am going to send the email and see how it works out. I am sure many other persons have face this same situation esp for NOC 1111.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hello everybody ,
I have received my WES report today
please find it below ,
Also do let me know can I claim it as 2 separate degrees i.e : bachelor's degree and other degree/ diploma being more than 2 years.
Canadian equivalency Summary : bachelors Degree 4 years
Credential Analysis
1. B com(Bachelor of commerce)
Canadian Equivalency : 4 years (bachelors degree)
Year : 2010

2. Certificate of Membership ( ICAI )
Canadian equivalency : 3 years (bachelors degree)
Year : 2013

There are no remarks written as of the Online report I can see .

Kindly advise friends