Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
sidbh1980 said:
Hi Maytoss,

Sorry for the late reply.....

I did some more research for my CFA verification for the Express Entry process but sadly did not find a board that would give an equivalence certificate.
------> Did you checked with Canadian Accounts Board?/Similar one. but it may not exactly the same as CFA chapter, which is nowhere in the world except in US.

BTW I studied from Barrons for 2 weeks to prepare for my IELTS. More importantly I was consciously using proper English in all my communication 3 months before my test :)

Best Regards,
Siddharth Bhattacharya
See my response in Maroon color.
is there any posibility to get a job for CMA professional in US if I applied for it in India, which is only the one we can write in India, without traveling US..

Thx'
Maytoss

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Did any one got ITA for the above mentioned NOCs..?

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, wanted to share this and hoping someone can help.

The UK Border Agency considers my UK chartered accountancy qualification (ICAEW) to be equivalent to a masters degree whereas WES has assessed it as equivalent to a 3 year Canadian bachelors degree.

Obviously I was hoping it was assessed as equivalent to a masters so I could get more points!

I'm approaching WES and ICAEW about this. In the meantime was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or could explain why there is a discrepancy? Please could you share the Canadian equivalent that WES has assigned to your accountancy qualification?

PrincessIrene02

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2015
Beancounter said:

The UK Border Agency considers my UK chartered accountancy qualification (ICAEW) to be equivalent to a masters degree whereas WES has assessed it as equivalent to a 3 year Canadian bachelors degree.

Obviously I was hoping it was assessed as equivalent to a masters so I could get more points!

I'm approaching WES and ICAEW about this. In the meantime was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or could explain why there is a discrepancy? Please could you share the Canadian equivalent that WES has assigned to your accountancy qualification?

Same here mine also was assessed by WES as equivalent to a 3 year Canadian bachelors degree

Jagjeetss

Mar 7, 2015
hi all,

What is the difference between NOC 1111 & 1311? I am having 6 years of experience in accounts receivable and Reconciliation, Creating Journal Entries.

My qualification is Bachelor of Commerce (3 years Graduate program). I have registered my profile in EE as 1111, do i change it to 1311? Thanks

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Beancounter said:

Excuse me Sir UK Border Agency has nothing to do with Qualifications its UK Naric

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE MOST APPROPRIATE NOC FOR A PERSON WORKING AS AN ACCOUNTANT. I HAVE A B.COM DEGREE AND MBA WITH MAJOR FINANCE. HOWEVER, I AM NOT A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT NOR I HAVE ANY CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANT COURSE. IF I CONSIDER TO APPLY UNDER NOC 1111, THE EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT OF THAT NOC CATEGORICALLY STATES ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS HAVING COMPLETED CERTIFIED COURSES CAN BE ELIGIBLE UNDER NOC 1111 OR THOSE APPLICANTS WHO ARE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS. THEREFORE, I SEEK THE GUIDANCE FROM THE FORUM TO HELP ME IN FINDING THE MOST APPROPRIATE NOC WHICH MATCHES MY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE AS AN ACCOUNTANT. JUST TO ADD TO THE ABOVE I AM WORKING AS AN ACCOUNTANT FOR THE PAST MORE THAN 2 YEARS IN A PRIVATE ACCOUNTING FIRM AND MY JOB DUTIES INVOLVE e.g. FILING INCOME TAX RETURNS, TDS RETURNS, KEEPING FINANCIAL RECORDS OF BANKS/FIRMS, SUPERVISING ARTICLING STUDENTS AND OTHERS SUCH TASKS.

KINDLY GUIDE.
THANKS

Beancounter

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ PrincessIrene02 / The Robust: Many thanks for replying.

@ aspiringme: I don't know the answer but perhaps NOC 1311 might fit? Under Employment Requirements it says 'Courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required' and doesn't define what type of course nor the duration. Maybe parts of your degree/MBA would qualify or any training courses you've attended at work?

batrap

Jun 2, 2014
Hi Sumit

If you could assist with my scores although i have tried , NOC 1114 :

1) age : 36

2) Ielts score : L : 9 / R : 7.5 / W : 7 / S : 7
for my husband : L : 5.5 / R : 6 /W : 6.5 / S : 7.5

3)My husbands elder brother is Canadian citizen for 10 years now.

4)My work experience : more than 6 years

5)WES done : CANADIAN EQUVALENCY = BACHELOR'S DEGREE

Pls assist since i am doing it own my own and really confused since somewhere it talks about 67 points and then somewhere its some 600 points...

can't gather all..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Prerna Dhaliwal

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
batrap said:
Hi Sumit

If you could assist with my scores although i have tried , NOC 1114 :

1) age : 36

2) Ielts score : L : 9 / R : 7.5 / W : 7 / S : 7
for my husband : L : 5.5 / R : 6 /W : 6.5 / S : 7.5

3)My husbands elder brother is Canadian citizen for 10 years now.

4)My work experience : more than 6 years

5)WES done : CANADIAN EQUVALENCY = BACHELOR'S DEGREE

Pls assist since i am doing it own my own and really confused since somewhere it talks about 67 points and then somewhere its some 600 points...

can't gather all..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Prerna Dhaliwal
Hey Prerna, I have sent a message to your inbox.

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Guys, Anyone from Canada on this group? Please share me the outlook of accounting/ finance job market for a person like me. That would be highly appreciated. I am worried if I would be able to get a job if I get the PR.

Myself:
NOC: 1111/1112
Qualifications: ACCA (UK), Msc Accounting (UK), CFA Level 2
Outside Canada Experience: 4.5 years
Industry: Investment Banking
EE Score: 417

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
try to get PNP/JO from canadian employer since ur CV seem tio be OK... and u will have to get more chance to ITA

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beancounter said:

My Bachelor of Business was assessed as a 3 year Canadian equivalent degree whereas my Chartered Accountant post grad (GradDipCA) at the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia was treated as a 4 year Canadian degree.

I'm claiming them separately as two qualifications for the 128 points - is that how you are treating it?